Brynn O'Malley to Join WICKED

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#1Brynn O'Malley to Join WICKED
Posted: 10/8/08 at 5:04pm

Heard today that Brynn O'Malley, last seen on Broadway in SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE, will join the cast of WICKED as Nessarose later this month.

O'Malley will step in to temporarily replace Christy Candler, who is taking a leave of absence through February.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

FinalDestination Profile Photo
FinalDestination
#2re: Brynn O'Malley to Join WICKED
Posted: 10/8/08 at 5:09pm

Brynn O'Malley as Nessa is AMAZING.

I actually hadn't heard about her until the whole Tales from the Bad Years. Good luck to Brynn.

When does she start?

"That's a good point. Next time I pee on a Starbucks couch and throw straws and napkins at a barista, I'll just yell, "YOU DON'T KNOW ME OUTSIDE OF STARBUCKS! YOU DON'T KNOW ME AT ALL!" and that should do it. "-LizzieCurry

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#2re: Brynn O'Malley to Join WICKED
Posted: 10/8/08 at 5:18pm

I love Cristy Candler but she needs to move on from Wicked.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#3re: Brynn O'Malley to Join WICKED
Posted: 10/8/08 at 5:21pm

Ugh, Cristy is coming back again? She's not bad, but she needs to move on.

DefyGravity777
#4re: Brynn O'Malley to Join WICKED
Posted: 10/8/08 at 7:31pm

Why all the Cristy hate on here and on WoO. Cristy has been the show since the beginning and it's been a steady job for her.

Anyway Brynn is supposed to be starting the night that the new Elphaba is starting,whomever that may be. Nov 11th

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

WishingOnlyWounds2
#5re: Brynn O'Malley to Join WICKED
Posted: 10/8/08 at 7:34pm

I personally love Christy and have seen her as Nessa 3 times. I'll also be at her last on November 9th, as well as Kerry and Kendra's last.

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#6re: Brynn O'Malley to Join WICKED
Posted: 10/8/08 at 7:41pm

I love Cristy and will miss her while she's gone for now, but it'll be nice to see a new take on the role.

Now that we know the "new" Nessa, can they PLEASE announce the new Elphaba and Glinda already? Updated On: 10/8/08 at 07:41 PM

WishingOnlyWounds2
#7re: Brynn O'Malley to Join WICKED
Posted: 10/8/08 at 7:44pm

My money is on Katie Rose Clarke for Glinda.

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#8re: Brynn O'Malley to Join WICKED
Posted: 10/8/08 at 7:47pm

I don't hate Cristy. I was pleasantly surprised by her performance on April 17. However, she seems bored and her performances are phoned in.

DefyGravity777
#9re: Brynn O'Malley to Join WICKED
Posted: 10/8/08 at 7:48pm

I saw Cristy 20 times....LOL.
I am looking forward to a new take on Nessa though. I am also seeing the show on Nov 9th.

I agree legally_popular, Kerry leaves in a month and now with the Nessa announcement we should soon here the Elphaba announcement. I'm more interested in that then the Glinda announcement since I like all the current Glinda's anyway.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

SimplyDeLovely Profile Photo
SimplyDeLovely
#10re: Brynn O'Malley to Join WICKED
Posted: 10/8/08 at 8:41pm

Congrats to Brynn! She's terrific and I was hoping she'd get another Broadway gig soon...although Wicked would'nt have been my first choice.

edit: So, Cristy is to be out all of February? Updated On: 10/8/08 at 08:41 PM

Luisasabh Profile Photo
Luisasabh
#11re: Brynn O'Malley to Join WICKED
Posted: 10/27/08 at 11:15pm

I'm not sure, but I believe that Cristy returns in the 2nd week of February! Yuuuuhu!
I looooooooooooooooove her soooo much as Nessarose, and I'm sooo glad she's coming back!
I'll definitely be there when she comes back!
I'm going on the 9th, but I'm sure when I'm going to see the new cast... probably only in January
Btw, Kevin Kern is going to play Fiyero?

musicaltheatrefan3 Profile Photo
musicaltheatrefan3
#12re: Brynn O'Malley to Join WICKED
Posted: 10/27/08 at 11:20pm

Glinda-Alli Mauzey
Elphaba-Marcie Dodd

NGD2225 Profile Photo
NGD2225
#13re: Brynn O'Malley to Join WICKED
Posted: 10/27/08 at 11:23pm

Marcie is only there until January 9th. She is be replaced by who is being speculated Nicole Parker from MADtv.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#14re: Brynn O'Malley to Join WICKED
Posted: 10/28/08 at 12:10am

Yes, apparently Kevin Kern is the fill-in Fiyero.

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#15re: Brynn O'Malley to Join WICKED
Posted: 10/28/08 at 1:10am

i personally would love for the new elphaba/glinda pair to be Victoria Matlock and Emily Rozek, they were great in the roles and played very well off each other

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#16re: Brynn O'Malley to Join WICKED
Posted: 10/28/08 at 8:30am

Brynn is very talented. I wish her well re: Brynn O'Malley to Join WICKED

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#17re: Brynn O'Malley to Join WICKED
Posted: 10/28/08 at 9:17am

I love Brynn! Congrats to her!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

Videos