News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ThatBroadwayBitch

ThatBroadwayBitch Profile Photo
Member Name: ThatBroadwayBitch
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: do you think the people in Phantom get tired of the show
 Jan 19 2009, 02:01:06 PM
I do wonder this also. I still love Phantom of the Opera because I have so many memories of going to the show with my grandfather when I was very young. However the last time I went I saw an understudy that had been in the show for 20 years. I can't believe that he's been doing that same show since I was 4 years old. Now that's job security.
re: Incredible Fascination with the 1994 Production of Carousel (And genera
 Jan 19 2009, 01:58:17 PM
The 1994 Broadway production of Carousel was my first Broadway show. I was 8. It was thrilling and I still remember each nuance of Audra's performance exactly.
re: Patti Lupone STOPPING GYPSY DURING PERFORMANCE
 Jan 19 2009, 01:55:47 PM
hahahaha I love it. Especially that it was captured on tape. I'm sure she'd just love that.
re: Photo Flash: The London Cast of SPRING AWAKENING
 Jan 19 2009, 12:54:54 PM
They're cute, they'll be fine.
re: Broadway.com's not even trying this year!
 Apr 1 2008, 11:35:41 AM
LAME!
re: Interior Theater Pics
 Apr 1 2008, 11:34:50 AM
Can you label these? Is this the Pantages?
re: WEST SIDE STORY Revival To Include New Songs By Sheik/Sater
 Apr 1 2008, 11:33:25 AM
That whole Bernstein/Sondheim thing. Haha. That was a nicely written article.
re: Bare: A Pop Opera
 Mar 31 2008, 12:16:34 PM
I saw it - I thought it was very good for a small theater, but would not have liked it on Broadway or as a movie. Maybe if they made it into more of a teen movie, it might be good. Some of the songs need work, though.
re: How was Karen Olivo in Rent?
 Mar 31 2008, 12:14:42 PM
agreed- i saw her on broadway, understudying Maureen and I thought she was very strong.
re: who gets to go to the opening night party?
 Mar 30 2008, 01:49:30 PM
a real answer:

everyone who worked on the show in any aspect. and buying a ticket is not working on the show. everyone from producers to actors, to electricians, to orchestra members, to ushers of the theater, to box office employees, to the merchandising kids, to the workers of the disney/nederlander office...

but the line stops just before buying a ticket. sorry.

re: Idina Question?
 Mar 30 2008, 01:45:01 PM
Green Maureen Johnson.
re: Next Year March Madness Will Be Contained to One Thread!
 Mar 30 2008, 11:29:29 AM
Thank goodness. Let's have pictures of hot men instead!!!
re: Guilty pleasures
 Mar 28 2008, 04:51:16 PM
Tommy, even though it butchered the real version.
re: Boorish fans at stage doors
 Mar 28 2008, 04:49:50 PM
I once had a job where I exited from the stage door every night. It was a show that had a few stars. Once in a while, it got very chaotic, so there were usually cops there to help in case anything went wrong. One night I got smashed against the barricade and a cop had to lift me out. Boorish is a perfect word for it. Get the hell off of me, I wasn't even in the damn show!
Perspective
 Mar 28 2008, 04:36:39 PM
That would definitely do it -- as the show went on, Anneliese was getting more and more mobbed. By the end of the show, forget about it.
re: GYPSY Opening Night Party Pics (Wow)
 Mar 28 2008, 04:30:31 PM
She does look awesome, and I'm so glad she brought her pet spiders to hang out on top of her eyes.
re: Mary Poppins and Little Mermaid seating Q
 Mar 28 2008, 04:27:31 PM
Row E on the side for TLM might be a little icky. The theater is fairly small, most any seat is a good seat - but the ones on the side might make you miss out on a little bit.
re: contacting directors?
 Mar 28 2008, 04:22:28 PM
Directors are almost never around much after Opening Night, but I'm sure if anyone would know where to forward it, it would be the Stage Door. There's most definitely a forwarding address of some kind, especially if the show isn't too old. If it's not a famous director, you could actually try the Yellow Pages. I've had friends who have had great luck with email, so doing your research and finding an address might not be so hard either, especially if they teach.
re: Ben Brantley
 Mar 28 2008, 01:38:50 PM
"By the way, if you watch "Show Business", you will see that the above picture of Brantley is probably his most favorable angle."

Oooh, he looks sassy! My favorite!

re: Ben Brantley
 Mar 28 2008, 12:57:13 PM
We should hate him because he's so unconventionally attractive.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You