contacting directors?

stella985 Profile Photo
stella985
#1contacting directors?
Posted: 3/28/08 at 2:23pm

If someone wanted to send a letter to a director (just like fanmail) is the best thing to send it to the theatre where their show is playing? Will it be forwarded on to them? Thanks to whoever knows the answer!

broadwaywriter Profile Photo
broadwaywriter
#2re: contacting directors?
Posted: 3/28/08 at 3:11pm

Hmmm...I am not sure. Sending it to the stagedoor might work, though I don't know. If the director has a website, it may say something about the fanmail address there.

ThatBroadwayBitch Profile Photo
ThatBroadwayBitch
#2re: contacting directors?
Posted: 3/28/08 at 4:22pm

Directors are almost never around much after Opening Night, but I'm sure if anyone would know where to forward it, it would be the Stage Door. There's most definitely a forwarding address of some kind, especially if the show isn't too old. If it's not a famous director, you could actually try the Yellow Pages. I've had friends who have had great luck with email, so doing your research and finding an address might not be so hard either, especially if they teach.

get all the bitchy dish at: thatbroadwayblog.blogspot.com

stella985 Profile Photo
stella985
#3re: contacting directors?
Posted: 3/28/08 at 11:19pm

Thanks. There's no website, and the only thing I could find via google is a PR person (well I also found an address on fundrace, but I'm thinking using that one might not be such a good idea lol). So I guess the stage door is the best bet? Hopefully they'll be nice and forward it.

Videos