pixeltracker

Broadway.com's not even trying this year!

Broadway.com's not even trying this year!

Yankeefan007
#1Broadway.com's not even trying this year!
Posted: 4/1/08 at 10:40am

DANCIN' to star Dancing with the Stars contestants? Come on!

Have they caved that much to commercial pressure that they can't do it?

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#2re: Broadway.com's not even trying this year!
Posted: 4/1/08 at 10:42am

I always forget that site even exists.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2re: Broadway.com's not even trying this year!
Posted: 4/1/08 at 11:01am

tha site is so unless.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ThatBroadwayBitch Profile Photo
ThatBroadwayBitch
#3re: Broadway.com's not even trying this year!
Posted: 4/1/08 at 11:35am

LAME!

get all the bitchy dish at: thatbroadwayblog.blogspot.com

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#4re: Broadway.com's not even trying this year!
Posted: 4/1/08 at 3:07pm

Well, it's going for middle Americans who want to see a musical on the Broadway, like the Wicked, or "the HAIRSPRAY play-concert thing" as my friend calls it.

Also, did anyone see the April Fool's Jokes there? Miley Cyrus as Sandy in GREASE and Justin Timberlake as Roger for the end of RENT? The last one seemed kinda real.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop
Updated On: 4/1/08 at 03:07 PM

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#5re: Broadway.com's not even trying this year!
Posted: 4/1/08 at 3:11pm

gosh that sounds almost as bad as I want to see the musical about the jersey shore.... (JErsey Boys)

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#6re: Broadway.com's not even trying this year!
Posted: 4/1/08 at 3:16pm

Also, did anyone see the April Fool's Jokes there? Miley Cyrus as Sandy in GREASE and Justin Timberlake as Roger for the end of RENT? The last one seemed kinda real.

That latter rumor did fly around for a few years. Unrelated to any April Fool's, AFAIK.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#7re: Broadway.com's not even trying this year!
Posted: 4/1/08 at 3:25pm

These aren't April Fools jokes. They're taken right of Broadway.com's Dream Lists.

If any of this stuff happened, they would be raking in the $25 service charges!

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

xOnMyOwnX
#8re: Broadway.com's not even trying this year!
Posted: 4/1/08 at 5:14pm

I kind of liked the Miley Cyrus joke actually...I guess it was so stupid it was funny...

Videos