News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Edna Turnblad

Edna Turnblad Profile Photo
Member Name: Edna Turnblad
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Sound of Music 50th Anniversary Theatrical Re-release
 Apr 20 2015, 05:28:41 PM

Michelle, I think the big difference with Merrily and this is that this is a TCM affair, so the presentation is probably different. I went to Gone With the Wind, las year, and then this. Robert Osborne introduces the film just like he does on TV, and then the film goes as normal.

My only issue was that they included the Intermission title card and the Entr'acte, but it only lasted a few minutes. Half the theater was empty through the first scene because so m

Musicals in Christian Colleges
 Jan 13 2015, 08:55:25 PM
I'm currently a student at a pretty conservative Christian college. The main productions are usually plays, but they once did ONCE ON THIS ISLAND with an almost entirely white cast. They put on INTO THE WOODS last year, and maybe a one or two performance run of THE LAST 5 YEARS. A few years ago, one of the student directors did CRIMES OF THE HEART and apparently got into trouble from the Board of Trustees.
What's more interesting is that every year, the sophomore class does their own product

Who wants to work for a 6 Time Tony Nominee
 Nov 14 2014, 08:49:55 AM
When I read the line about settling her into a dressing room, I imagined carrying her through the doorway, cradled in my arms, and placing her gently in an artfully placed settee
Show Boat at Avery Fisher Hall
 Nov 6 2014, 11:23:29 PM
When, I think, Playbill posted video of the concert in rehearsal, I got really excited about this. Everyone seemed at least competent...except Fred Willard. He looked stiff and awkward and barely even phoning it in. At least his performance is consistent?
Elisabeth Moss-Led THE HEIDI CHRONICLES Will Open at Broadway's Music Box Theatre on March 19!
 Nov 6 2014, 10:13:37 PM
I'd love to pay $150 to watch long scenes about Elisabeth Moss and Tracee Chimo talk about their vaginas.
And, Kad, Jason Biggs is definitely Scoop. Scoop is like Larry from OITNB, only somehow worse.

Artwork revealed for THE KING AND I and LCT
 Sep 26 2014, 08:33:44 AM
After looking at it for a few minutes, I like it more. But I think a different typeface for the title would be an improvement for my taste. The image is stunning, but the title's styling bothers me too much.
Idina out second act
 May 15 2014, 10:59:20 PM
Yeah, Jenn Colella's only listed role is Anne, but the understudy/standby can choose not to be listed. But that could only be standbys, I'm not sure.
Idina out second act
 May 15 2014, 10:41:36 PM
Bway_Mill_Fan, I just looked at the cast listings again, and it appears that Jackie is the only one who covers Idina, so she would be the one to go on period.
Lillias White, Waiting for Godot
 Apr 27 2014, 07:50:58 PM
I didn't see the production, but during a Chatterbox posted on SethTV (I think from the early 00s), she mentions it. Apparently it was clown-themed, and she juggled during the show. She then says that during her audition for BARNUM, she tried to use her juggling experience but had forgotten it all.

2012 Creative Arts Tony Award Presentation: Online or Telecast?
 Jun 7 2012, 05:15:57 PM
I believe that, last year, the Special Tony Awards were presented before the telecast, with only one or two Creative Awards being presented, too. Then, during commercial breaks, the rest of the Creative Awards were presented.
How Can Jeremy Jordan Win A Theatre World Award For Bonnie & Clyde?
 May 8 2012, 06:07:25 PM
The Theatre World Award is for someone making their Off-Broadway OR Broadway debut. You can have as many Off-Broadway credits as you want, but if you're making you're Broadway debut, you're eligible. However, if you've done Broadway before, and you make your Off-Broadway debut, you're not eligible.
Danielle Ferland & Lauren Kennedy To Star In Westport INTO THE WOODS
 Feb 3 2012, 11:29:23 PM
For some reason, I never thought of Ferland as the Baker's Wife. I have been so stuck on the idea of her playing Jack's Mother because I think she would be hilarious! But now I realize, the Baker's Wife is freakin' hilarious, too!

I really want to go on a road trip to see this.

The big ol' original musical debate
 Feb 3 2012, 07:48:35 AM
But when talking about Assassins, we have to ask ourselves how much can it be inspired by something before it's considered not "original"? I believe the only things that came out of that play were the opening idea of a shooting gallery and the title. So, does that still allow Assassins to be original?
Finally There's An All White Version Of HAIRSPRAY!
 Jan 31 2012, 04:54:44 PM
On the subject of Once on This Island, my college did it in the fall, and I saw it.
My college's production features terrible, African-inspired choreography, choreographed by a white girl and performed by a cast of all white actors except for one black ensemble member who didn't have any solo lines.
Besides the choreography, the music alone led one to question what they were seeing.

Does anyone know what the changes are in production? Were there specific references to race in

Seth's Broadway Chatterbox with Jan Maxwell
 Jan 15 2012, 11:33:59 AM
It is definitely the best Chatterbox I've seen. I hadn't laughed that much in a long time.
Joyful Noise reviews- Not so joyful
 Jan 14 2012, 10:04:52 PM
I just got back from seeing it. I can say that it was not a great movie, but I wasn't expecting it to be. I had a great time. I was smiling the whole way through. I laughed at a lot of the cheesy lines and kind of felt invested in a lot of the characters. I especially loved the big number at the competition. I can say my friend and I were both speechless and breathless after it. Yes, it's not a great movie, but it's a perfect piece of fluff to go see to have some fun for two hours.
From
 Jan 9 2012, 09:42:59 PM
I am unworthy of your love, Sutton, darling.
Tom Hooper Radio Interview on Les Mis
 Jan 6 2012, 08:11:51 PM
Because "You Must Love Me" was written for the movie as well. I'd like to think they'll have the song playing during the credits, just like songs in Phantom, Hairspray, and Chicago. did.

Should there be a Showboat revival anytime soon?
 Jan 5 2012, 09:02:30 PM
Who would play the tuba?
Should there be a Showboat revival anytime soon?
 Jan 5 2012, 08:58:44 PM
Eric, you are not alone: I love "Hey, Feller!" and "In Dahomey" so much.
I want Laura Benanti as Julie, but only if she does her Obsessed!/Terrible version of "Bill." I would pay front row for that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXZ9AEaBVDQ&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You