News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Marianne2

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Marianne2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SMASH Reading Lottery  Jan 29 2024, 07:51:44 PM

mlledir said: "How do we enter? TIA!"

It closed on Friday.

I won for the 12th. I forgot about it until I got the email today.

Broadway flea market 2023 collectors unite!!  Oct 1 2023, 09:58:11 PM

I think they've been trying to get rid of the Frozen shirts from the Colorado run since before COVID. I also think the tables that get the show cups also have been selling the same ones for years.

I agree that I did find some stuff I liked, I wasn't impressed with much of the merchandise. I did a 2nd walk through at 4 and still found it too crowded. 

Broadway flea market 2023 collectors unite!!  Oct 1 2023, 04:45:15 PM

I managed to get an Into the Woods signed window card for $20 before noon. It was signed by Stephanie J. Block & Andy Karl, as I can tell. Haven't looked over the rest yet.

Broadway flea market 2023 collectors unite!!  Sep 30 2023, 03:31:43 PM

I'll be there. I missed last year's. Looking forward to seeing what I can find. 

And with cancelling, they would only do so if there was an extreme circumstance where the government or cops would tell them no. They have to apply for permits to close down the streets, so it would not be in their best interest to postpone or cancel. 

Broadway and the NYC Air Emergency (June 2023)  Jun 8 2023, 02:50:52 AM

Wick3 said: "During my commute home I'll admit this reminded me of the days before 2003 when public indoor smoking was legal here in NYC. For those old enough to remember, I recall going out to clubs/bars at night and when I get home, my clothes reeked of smoke. I myself don't smoke and can't believe I tolerated all that back then.

Stay safe everyone. Hopefully the smog will be gone by this weekend.
"

I was in college from Fall 2003-Spring 2007.

Broadway and the NYC Air Emergency (June 2023)  Jun 7 2023, 05:52:29 PM

I was at the & Juliet matinee. I could smell the smoke from the mezzanine before the show started. It seems like it got better once the doors were closed. Nicholas Edwards was replaced at intermission. No idea if it was because of the air or another reason.

DANCIN’ To Close May 14, 2023  May 2 2023, 07:45:51 PM

quizking101 said: "Such a talented bunch of dancers. I personally loved this show, but I think the unbearable weight of the other revivals smashed it into obscurity.

Bummer
"

I agree with this. I saw it and liked it, but it definitely does not hold up against Sweeney Todd or Into the Woods. I haven't seen Camelot or Parade yet. 

Park in the Theatre District  Apr 6 2023, 07:28:56 PM

They may not be park spaces exactly, but you can sit up on Broadway between 50th & 51st or less than a block from Bryant Park between 41st & 42nd. 

What are the most and least desirable Broadway theatres?  Dec 15 2022, 11:26:29 AM

blaxx said: "jkcohen626 said: "Hey everyone!

I feel like I think about this a lot, but don't actually know so much about it. The people on this board tend to be pretty knowledgeable about stuff like this, so I thought I would ask here!

The only ones I really know are that the Ambassador, Marquis, and Broadway are considered particularly undesirable.

Any other very undesirable theatres? What about very desirable ones?
"

Your 2022 Broadway & Beyond Recaps  Dec 15 2022, 11:20:32 AM

While I am happy to be able to see shows again, I'm still frustrated how the public transportation to the city is still bad from my area. Because of that, I haven't been seeing shows as often. 

My list in order of favorites to least:

1. Into the Woods- both City Center & Broadway 

2. Company

3. Six

4. POTUS

5. A Strange Loop

6. The Music Man

7. Dear Evan Hansen

8. Funny Girl

Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)  Jul 11 2022, 12:07:30 PM

Adding salt to the wound, I was watching ABC this morning, and they played an ad with pull quotes praising Beanie. It just seems so awkward now. I do feel bad because she was good in Hello, Dolly! But, I realize Minnie Fay and Fanny Brice are not in the same category as far as roles go.

Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)  Jul 10 2022, 11:24:48 PM

I don't pay too much attention to the grosses, but have sales plummeted on this? I was there on Thursday and the mezzanine was pretty empty. I think you probably could have fit everyone into the center section and closed off the sides. They better get a name that will bring in ticket sales. Because of that, I was doubting it even making it until September.

INTO THE WOODS Previews  Jul 11 2022, 05:27:21 PM

I have a weird random question for anyone at the opening last night.when I was waiting in line to go in, I was handed an orange wrist band and was told to hold onto it. I never found out what it was for. Nobody asked me about it. I also didn't notice anyone sitting around me who had one either. I mean, I know I wasn't the only person with one. Did anyone here get one and know what it was for?

What to do on a Thursday afternoon in New York?  Jul 11 2022, 09:56:23 AM

While not Broadway or theater related, the museums like the Met, Moma, and Natural History are fun. 

INTO THE WOODS Previews  Jul 10 2022, 10:49:00 PM

hollebolle said: "Did Kennedy perform today? It appears he was there for the red carpet, but I thought he was still out with COVID.https://twitter.com/kkassal/status/1546230830619660290?s=20&t=A1l4q_uo1Mui2NMpC5S7TQ"

He did perform. The only person missing was Brian, but we already knew that.

That was an awesome show. I too saw it at City Center and think it improved on the move to Broadway. Everyone just seemed like they were having fun. I think there were a lot of new acting choices that made it more fun. I still love Milky White. 

OFFICIAL: INTO THE WOODS Broadway Revival to Open at the St. James Theatre, Performances Begin June 28, 2022  May 26 2022, 12:00:21 PM

ren598 said: "ElephantLoveMedley said: "ren598 said: "I really enjoyed this production when I saw this at New York City Center a couple of weeks ago. I just had to see this again with the new cast. I was able to snag an aisle row A balcony seat for $99. So I'm happy. Fees were $11.04. The performance I chose was Sunday July 10th. Anyone know why that performance is at 6:30 PM while all the other Sunday performances start at 3:00 PM?"

That is

Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods  May 7 2022, 06:16:47 PM

Saw the matinee today and absolutely loved it. Was the perfect thing to drag myself into the city on a horribly rainy day. 

Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods  May 6 2022, 07:39:12 PM

Emmeline Carter said: "Does anyone know if there is a dress code for attending this show? Thanks!!"

There isn't. I've gone to other things at City Center and wore jeans or other casual clothes. Just don't smell bad for the people around you. 

BroadwayCon 2022  Mar 29 2022, 07:28:17 PM
Scottsacto said: "I am bumping this Thread for discussion. I have read through other threads on this event and really would like to get you guys opinion on it. I have the opportunity to come out in July and thought I might attend it. Not sure if it is worth it or not?

As I have never attended any "Cons" ---what goes on?

Symposiums?

Concerts?

Meet & Greets?

The website says no problem attending evening shows--though some events may g

Paradise Square  Mar 5 2022, 09:01:51 PM
Sutton Ross said: "I'm seeing it the first week of May. But, I see no ads for it, a pathetic mailer that expires in early April, and nothing in the way of advertising. I just like original material and the talent/songs are beautiful.

Do a better job hyping up your show Bobby, because this ain't it.
"

I didn't even know it was a musical until I saw something in an article that mentioned it.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You