News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Ad Lick It

Member Name: Ad Lick It
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Mandy Patinkin: Just Say No
 Nov 21 2011, 04:32:00 PM
Um... sure.
re: Gypsy...London....Patti.... Katie Holmes.. I could see it... Discuss.
 Oct 21 2008, 02:41:12 PM
Would be great for Laura to go to London, but she's poised to expand her career in film and television so probably wouldn't want to. Also, this show is less of a showpiece for her than Patti.

It's obvious now where MamasDoin'Fine's anti- Patti to London feelings are coming from. That drivel about her backstage antics in the context of Patti not being popular with London audiences say it all.

And Patti's reviews in the London Sunset were great from the London critics.

re: Gypsy...London....Patti.... Katie Holmes.. I could see it... Discuss.
 Oct 21 2008, 08:13:41 AM
A.) Love Patti or hate her, GYPSY is OVERdue for a West End revival. The quasi-knowledge posted here about these shoddy tours which never made it in is irrelevant.

B.) Any woman who appears under 39, can act and carry a tune in a bucket can play Louise (opposite Patti's Grandma Rose). Katie Holmes is great commercial casting - sells tickets and has the potential to be a wonderful performance.

C.) Some people on this board...

re: Patti LuPone at Les Mouches on CD!
 Aug 15 2008, 03:12:20 AM
Kids, kids, kids, come down from the "Shoshanna should play Mama Rose" tree house for five minutes and face reality.

Neither Patti nor Leslie ever had the fantasy that there was a serious amount of money to be made off of anyone's CDs of Les Mouches... maybe if Kelli Clarkson did the act, but no Broadway singer's album sells enough to really mean much moolah.

Patti didn't want some other bitch mimicking her, particularly as she was about to open in such an important career mile

Aug 14 2008, 04:12:35 PM
Kritzer was GENIUS as Patti, she should have won an Obie. I don't know what went down, but I keep hoping they bring that back to Joe's.
 Aug 14 2008, 03:10:23 PM
Shouldn't the title of this thread be "Patti LuPone at Les Mouches on CD LEGALLY"?
re: John Dossett's Herbie
 Jul 20 2008, 11:02:14 AM
I feel like the Herbie' I've seen have gotten chronologically better. I remember liking Peter Riegert (Midler Herbie) better than I had Jonathan Hadary, John Dossett better than Riegert, Jack Willis (Ravnina Herbie) better than Dossett and now Boyd best of all.

I HATE people who don't LOVE [tos]
 Jul 17 2008, 11:32:17 PM
It's the new LuPone.
Great Performances
 Jun 25 2008, 11:52:07 PM
Someone else said it in an older thread, but the choices bear repeating:
Cyndi Lauper
Toni Colette

and, as far as the names that keep popping up, I guess Donna, but - MAN - people here are dumb... Idina??? LINDA EDER?????

re: The LuPone loving/hating freaks
 May 27 2008, 09:23:21 PM
LOL I am a confirmed LuPone-lover!

I was just pointing out that, as Patti-fans, our passion is understandable - perhaps misguided, but it make sense in context of our worship for La Divina as opposed to the fierce hatred on the other side... Why are the haters SO passionate. I abhor lots of Broadway performers, but I don't go out of my way to bash them.

The LuPone loving/hating freaks
 May 27 2008, 05:32:42 PM
I just read someone's hijacking of another thread to attack Patti and I realized something.

All you Patti-haters are absolutely correct that there is a hysteria to the Patti-lovers who are absolutely out of control right now, ranting and raving every which way as the days dwindle down to Tony Sunday and their beloved diva is either crowned or, in theirs eyes, slapped in the face.

The odd thing, though, is how passionate the Patti-haters are right now. It's one thing to hat

re: Life After Patti?
 May 24 2008, 12:44:29 PM
Okay, I think it can work.

2 ideas:

Cyndi Lauper

Toni Collette

(and can we please drop the shenanigans of these C List divas like Murphy, Ebersole and Leavel...?)

re: Gypsy dispute
 Mar 29 2008, 05:24:30 PM
I can add a few details. Unfortunately, I can't reveal my source, but here's what I know:
Sam Mendes went to see Patti in Master Class in London in 1997. He went backstage and told her that he wanted her to play Rose in his production of GYPSY.
Yes, Arthur had already decided Bernadette was his choice and yes, Arthur already hated Patti (since the Jolson Sings Again snafu in 1995).
I believe the letter Patti refers to came from a lawyer or agent on one side or other of the deal - may

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You