News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BrassBandBoy

Member Name: BrassBandBoy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

New song for Ellen in Miss Saigon - Translation  Oct 23 2013, 02:19:17 AM
Judging by that screenshot of the score, this IS "Maybe" ("Toch Nog" in the Dutch revival), only with a different title.

Guess they just changed the lyrics of the song...

Shrek the Musical in German  Dec 5 2012, 01:54:35 AM
Probably a pretty lame reply, but it's actually in Dutch and not German.
This production's playing the RAI Theater near Amsterdam.

Haven't seen it and don't plan on seeing it, but it just extended its run with 3 more months, so I guess it's doing pretty well...

Were the lyrics to And the Money Kept Rolling In rewritten for the revival?  Jun 28 2012, 02:07:08 AM
As far as I know, the lyrics have been "gonna see some good times now" ever since the Concept Recording (with Julie Covington and Colm Wilkinson).

Have to admit I hardly ever listen to the OBC recording, so I don't know if the lyrics are different there...

Patti LuPone at 54 Below - just saw it  Jun 16 2012, 02:41:30 AM
Re: the bar line-up on Thursday, we were seated next to you and your friends, Reg.

Really bummed that I live that far from New York, since the line-up for the rest of the year is great...
Oh well, I'll treasure the memories of last Thursday and if they keep going like this, I will be back there someday in the next (couple of) year(s)!

Patti LuPone at 54 Below - just saw it  Jun 15 2012, 11:57:43 AM
Oh yeah, forgot to say that some of the waiters and fellow audience members were worth it as well. :-P
Patti LuPone at 54 Below - just saw it  Jun 15 2012, 11:56:35 AM
Guess we all were seated at the bar yesterday...
I was there as well, with my mother, all the way from the Netherlands.

We both had a great night: 54Below is a gorgeous place, the staff is very friendly and Patti, of course, was phenomenal!
I almost fell off my seat when I heard the twitter encore would be "Being Alive"... Amazing performance!

My mother didn't really know Patti beforehand, but she too had a wonderful evening and enjoyed every second of it.
So, yeah, thanks for the heads up on the extra bar seats.

Patti LuPone at 54 Below - just saw it  Jun 7 2012, 02:21:16 AM
Second that lifesaver comment, Just_John.

I will be in New York next week, my second time ever in the city (heck, in the US, for that matter) and I was gutted that I found out about Patti's show way too late.

But now, I've got 2 bar seats for the show on the 14th.
What a great way to spend our last evening in New York!

re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'  Jan 3 2009, 05:12:11 AM
To give a VERY late answer to EVIE's question about the Netherlands production where Mimi did die at the end: yes, it's the same one as on the Dutch cast recording.
Some of the cast members were amazing (especially the women (Over the Moon was hilarious on stage) and Collins), but the production as a whole was horrible.

And regarding the screaming etc... in theatre: I think it's respectless to the performers to be screaming throughout the show, regardless of the musical/performance it is you are seeing.

Sure, when a song was good I cheer sometimes during the applause but some people seem to go off at random intervals during a performance (doe anyone know the screaming woman played by Catherine Tate, by any chance? :-P)...
Luckily, those types weren't in when I saw RENT in either London (the original show, not the remixed thing) or on Broadway, but seeing Wicked in London with Idina at times just hurt my ears (because of the audience going berserk, not because of Idina's voice... ). *ugh*

Nevertheless, I'm still anxious to hear about the changes to the show for this final tour.

re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'  Jan 2 2009, 06:18:08 AM
To add my two cents to the Mimi dying discussion:

In the (absolutely horrid) production of RENT over here in the Netherlands Mimi did die at the end.

Ivo van Hove (the guy who directed this bloody mess) had the wonderful idea of having a still frame of Mimi's face (from Mark's camera) on a the TV-screens on stage and projected onto the back wall of the stage, while Mimi herself lay dead on a table.
Even though she wasn't moving and the images remained frozen on the screens

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You