News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for hox

Member Name: hox
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Wicked the Movie- Who should be in the cast
 Mar 17 2009, 09:14:11 AM
I agree, nothing wrong with the OBC. Mamma Mia was horrible, I love the story and songs but the casting was unforgivable. Why cant stage actors work on film? If you are casting a musical doesnt it stand to reason that singers (that can act) instead of actors (that can carry a tune) be cast in the musical. I loved Rent the movie but was sort of unhappy with the direction and things that were left out, not the casts fault. How about a screen director and broadway director getting together to make
re: What is truth vs. rumor about the 1973 death of Irene Ryan?
 Oct 29 2008, 08:47:06 PM
Pippin was the first BW show I saw. I loved it, I was 12. It was in july so she wasnt in it but everyone else was I think. I was in NYC for a dance workshop at the Waldorf and the day after I saw Pippin Ben Verene came and taught a jazz class, it was sooo cool. I love corner of the sky song and magic to do.
re: Aida movie musical rumor again!
 Sep 26 2008, 10:42:01 AM
I stil want the OBC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wont be as excited to see it if the ruin it like Mamma Mia with actors that cant sing just cuz they are big name!!!
re: Pierce Brosnan
 Aug 3 2008, 08:00:27 PM
I just feel it is sad to take a MUSICAL and cast people who aren't singers only actors. Im sure there were plenty of singers/actors who can act who would have loved to have been in this movie. I wonder about the other musicals that are to be made into movies (Wicked, Aida). Someone wouldnt be cast in a Broadway musical if they could only carry a tune.I don't know at least every show I've seen(over 30)the singers were great singers AND great actors. Everyone is intitled to their own opinion I kno
re: Pierce Brosnan
 Aug 3 2008, 07:58:49 PM
I just feel it is sad to take a MUSICAL and cast people who aren't singers only actors. Im sure there were plenty of singers/actors who can act who would have loved to have been in this movie. I wonder about the other musicals that are to be made into movies (Wicked, Aida). Someone wouldnt be cast in a Broadway musical if they could only carry a tune.I don't know at least every show I've seen(over 30)the singers were great singers AND great actors. Everyone is intitled to their own opinion I kno
re: Movies of Aida and Footloose...
 Jul 19 2008, 04:00:18 PM
I just saw Mama Mia and they should have used someone from the play, it was so miss cast. The stars couldnt sing and made it awful to listen to. It is such a fun story but you need the right people, not actors who are stars who cant sing. I am afraid what they will do to Aida. I dont think the OBC is to old, you can do alot with makeup if someone thinks so.
re: 'Mamma Mia' in NY Daily News
 Jul 18 2008, 07:19:58 PM
The play was good but disappointed in the film. It was poorly cast. It was a hollywood movie. They should have used singers that can act not actors that can just carry a tune. Sophie was good, and was filmed in the perfect spot. Makes me wonder what they will do to movies like Aida if its made. Probably ruin it like this one. Glad I saw it but not that great. Love the story.
re: Is the current Hairspray tour Equity?
 Apr 17 2008, 06:49:10 PM
what is the benefit of doing a non equity tour?
hair apray equity tour
 Apr 17 2008, 06:42:15 PM
what is the benefit for doing a non equity tour? You dont get a equity card do you?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You