News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for 4thRowAsile

4thRowAsile Profile Photo
Member Name: 4thRowAsile
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Homophobia alive and well in Texas theatre audiences
 May 31 2013, 10:15:18 AM
As reported by a cast member in Road Show at Stages Theatre in Houston last night (5/31). Please send a note to the theatre to show your support for this show and speak out against those small-minded, hate-filled patrons.

"During ROAD SHOW at Stages Repertory Theatre, four angry patrons left the theatre during our beautiful little play because two men fall in love. Now, the cast often enters from the house, and as they left, they happened to pass one of the gentlemen in question who pl

US Regional Premiere of Sondheim's ROAD SHOW at Stages in Houston, TX
 May 31 2013, 10:11:12 AM
So last night (5/30), this happened, as reported by a cast member:
During ROAD SHOW at Stages Repertory Theatre, four angry patrons left the theatre during our beautiful little play because two men fall in love. Now, the cast often enters from the house, and as they left, they happened to pass one of the gentlemen in question who plays Hollis Bessamer (the fantastic Michael Prescott McClure). After making a disparaging comment to his face (and right before his entrance! Is there no end to i

re: Will Swenson Thread
 Jul 17 2009, 02:40:07 PM
Not sure if this an appropriate place to ask...but isn't he dating Audra McDonald?
re: Any word on a TONYS host?
 May 4 2009, 11:48:00 AM
Dolly Parton (9 to 5) and John Stamos (upcoming Bye, Bye Birdy).
[title of show] at Carnegie Hall December 9 with NYC Gay Men's Chorus
 Dec 8 2008, 01:37:51 PM
Anyone else going?
Craig Bierko and Kate Jennings Grant OFFICIAL for Guys and Dolls
 Dec 2 2008, 06:45:02 PM
Sky and Sarah: Craig Bierko and Kate Jennings Grant

Bierko, a Best Actor Tony nominee for The Music Man, and Grant, of the Encores! concert of Bloomer Girl and Broadway's Proof, join previously announced Oliver Platt (as Nathan Detroit) and Lauren Graham (as Miss Adelaide) in the staging of Frank Loesser, Abe Burrows and Jo Swerling's classic Tony-winning 1950 musical comedy based on characters created by Damon Runyon.

re: Chicago Tour Cast
 Nov 3 2008, 10:45:34 AM
I actually just met someone who starts rehearsals 11/4/08 for the new tour. It is Equity and they only rehearse for a week. He said he was scheduled for to tour until July. I know that Chicago (the city) was on their schedule.
re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread
 Oct 16 2008, 10:57:00 AM
WHY oh WHY oh WHY do they let dance/drill team choreogrpahers work on musicals if they don't know how to choreogrpah for a muscial number, rather than a pep-ralley? Not saying all dance instructors do this, but there is a difference in the moves.

What, if anything, does this choreography have to do with people waiting for a wagon???

re: Next Broadway Elphaba's in Wicked?
 Oct 6 2008, 10:04:19 AM
Kate Shindle and Laura Bell Bundy?!?!?

re: Shrek Download - I Know It's Today
 Oct 2 2008, 02:34:02 PM
bump
re: Judy & Me
 Oct 1 2008, 02:57:54 PM
I remember (not very well) seeing a staged reading of a show at the Duplex, maybe 5 or 6 years ago about a young boy and some ties to Judy Garland. I really don't remember much other than that. Is this the same show?
re: Shrek Download - I Know It's Today
 Oct 1 2008, 10:31:21 AM
I only listened to the song once, yesterday, but struck me this morning that it is kinda a rip off (and a B-version, at that) of Happily Ever After from Once Upon A Mattress.
re: TDF cost > face value?
 Sep 25 2008, 01:38:58 PM
You might re-read your membership agreement or TDF mission statement.

The ticket price printed on your ticket is ALWAYS different, but not always lower, than the price we pay.

The small difference goes to keep the company in operation. Someone has to pay for the staff and office equipment, not to mention invest in the really amazing travel, education, and special access programs. Go to their website and look at all the things they do for students and those with mobility/si

re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread
 Sep 2 2008, 04:12:17 PM
Don't forget Mike and Ike (from A Chorus Line):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUSNcQ8fKsI

re: Your FAVORITE Bock and Harnick Song
 Aug 6 2008, 04:37:39 PM
"Far From the Home I Love" from Fiddler. I find the melody haunting and always moves me. They talk about songs in a musical coming when emotions are hightened and the the character can't talk any more so has to sing. I find this scene and song really brings the heartbreak and power of her choice to leave alive.
re: After Patti Leaves... fill in your dream blank
 Jun 25 2008, 01:46:31 PM
I am guessing CHICGO is now a verb that means "cast random celebrity in a show they have no business doing hoping to get some tourist to come see them."

re: It costs $200K to perform on the Tonys???
 Jun 18 2008, 10:36:35 AM
I remember a funny story that Gavin Creel told about performing and getting paid to perform on the Tony Awards for Thoroughly Modern Millie. They did FORGET ABOUT THE BOY (a number his character was not in), but they threw a full company tag on then end of the performance.

He came on stage and sang the end of TMM and blocking ended with cast raising one hand then the other. He said he was thinking as he raised each arm...that is $1000, that is $2000.

re: When will TDF shows for next week get posted?
 Jun 18 2008, 10:31:51 AM
TDF doesn't add all shows at once. When an arrangement or allocation is made with a show (or changes in dates/number of available tickets happen), the change is made on the website. That is why it is good to look a few times a day.
re: Which of the BIG 6 R&H is next up for B'WAY?
 Jun 9 2008, 10:35:20 AM
bump
re: Others roles you could see Lupone in...
 Jun 9 2008, 10:33:52 AM
Desiree' in A Little Night Music

Mame in Mame

Alma Mahler in Frakel and Korie's new DOLL

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You