News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Leo_Yikes

Member Name: Leo_Yikes
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: What's the deal with Kerry?
 Jul 11 2008, 10:46:47 AM
Man this thread is filled with crazy kerry fans defending her. She doesnt need to be defeneded people. She is ill, she is having ALOT of trouble keeping her stamina up to do a full week of shows. Its simple as that. I'm suprised no wacked out Kerry fan girl has made the arguement that Julie Reiber is poisining Kerry just to go on.
Also, just a side-note, went to a performence of Kerry Ellis as Elphaba in NY recently, and she was great, but at SD, ALOT of her fan girls I wanted to bitch-slap

re: B'way songs in unusual time signatures
 Jul 2 2008, 01:54:57 AM
WICKED seems like it has some odd ones
re: Did anyone see Kerry ELLIS tonight?
 Jul 2 2008, 01:53:36 AM
I recently witnessed Ms. Ellis grace the stage as Elphaba in NYC, and I must say she has greatly improved. In the West End she kinda was 50/50 with me. Some shows (which were often) she was superb, but other times she did seem a little tired. But now she def. seems more into it. Love her growls. They add so much to her portrayl. I do hope tho she takes more liberties with the score tho. She seems like she is the rare Elphaba who can have the right amount of awsome riffs
 Jun 24 2008, 12:00:16 PM
why cant we just have a new Elphaba and Glinda...we havent had a new elphaba since Eden (and she wasnt really "new" cuz she had temp. took over for the tour before hand) and we have only had ONE new Glinda since Megan and that was Annaleigh. I know they wanna give the part to someone who knows it well...but this is overdoing it.
Also...Shoshana Bean, Victoria Matlock and Kerry Ellis have gone up an octive on the last note in "I'm Not That Girl"

re: Disney on Broadway?
 Jun 21 2008, 05:44:38 PM
I've seen all of the show Disney shows...and honestly the only one I found entertaining was Lion King. BATB had good moments but IMO the music was bland. Tarzan was horrible (again IMO) and LM is nothing special...espicialy the costumes. But on a whole...I think Disney is a good thing cuz lets face it...it makes alot of younger kids fall in love with theater, thus making the business more "accepted" i guess you can say
re: Wicked 5th Anniversary??
 Jun 21 2008, 05:41:10 PM
Some are saying Idina and Kristin are coming back to do a one night show. But I highly doubt it. Both have said that WICKED is in their past. I heard one rumor that they might make the fith Anniversary a free for all night (as in where they take the show and let people see it for free) but again...highly doubt that. Its all rumors. Like adamgreer said..prolly just a larger version of the Oz Day celebration
 Jun 21 2008, 05:38:26 PM
Hmm, I find that most of the major cast changes happen in December (Ana, Idina, Shoshana) all left around Christmas or a little after. Some leave maybe in October...idk it just seems like alot of replacements come in after the holidays. In London tho they typical end in July-ish.

Jun 20 2008, 08:51:32 PM
The thing I'm worried about is her straining her voice. As amazing as she is...she does tend to over do it. I hope we dont have another Caissie levy (if you dont know that story...Caissie Levy took over for Eden Espinosa in the LA production and was amazing..but strained her voice and had to leave about 4 months into her run)
 Jun 19 2008, 11:48:29 PM
Saw Kerry in Both London and NYC.
My thing with Kerry is...my opinion changes every time I see her. The first time I saw her live was actually her 3rd or 4th time on as Elphaba for Idina's standby. She was good, but you could tell she was VERY uncomfortable with the score. Even tho it was the first time I ever, ever heard her sing a song let alone a WICKED song...I could tell she was holding back. Then I saw her a week after she officialy took over, and she was fantastic. Since then I have

re: So...how are nosebleed seats really?
 Jun 19 2008, 12:55:16 AM
the Mezz at the Gershwin is okay (tho it sux cuz for me personaly I felt miles away) is the Nederlander okay? I havent been there in Ages and I was in the Orchestra seats when I was
rants from stage
 Jun 18 2008, 08:05:36 PM
I was in a show (I was like 7 so I dont remember much) but a lady sitting in 3rd row went into labor. They stopped the show, got her up and out into the isle and then continued with the show...fun
re: What's next for Young Frankenstein?
 Jun 16 2008, 10:57:39 PM
its not doing so hot in the Box Office...so I'll give it till Christmas (or maybe after that to maybe kick up some revenue from the holidays) but after that...it will prolly close. OR, it wont survive the cast change.
re: Kristin Chenoweth's Tony Awards Arm Fart
 Jun 16 2008, 06:57:41 PM
whoa...kinda lost my "cool" (if thats what you can call it) there...sorry guys lol
re: Kristin Chenoweth's Tony Awards Arm Fart
 Jun 16 2008, 06:14:43 PM
Oh My Patti LuPone...people...she made a JOKE. Jeez its not like she made a huge thing about WICKED, she cracked a joke, she knew it was lame thats why she did the arm fart and the audience laughed.
And btw...the Idina hate on this board is getting annoying. Does EVERY thread about WICKED or someone related to it have to go RIGHT to Idina? Your getting more annoying then the fangirls...heres somin that this board needs to learn...MOVE ON!

re: Grade the 2008 Tony performances...
 Jun 16 2008, 03:43:25 PM
THE LION KING:
The song/show itself it good. Not my cup of tea (I never fell in love with it) but my god I LOATHED the current cast. Somin about them just makes me wanna hurl lol.
Presentation: B+
Vocals: F
Acting: C
OVERALL: C-

IN THE HEIGHTS:
It had rap, street dancing, girls in slutty outfits...it was a dance at my school. Seriously, I dont know why the heck this recieved Best Musical (IMO)
PRESENTATION: A
VOCALS: F
ACTING:C
OVERALL: C
<

re: Stephanie's final weekend!
 Jun 16 2008, 03:18:52 PM
oy steph is amazing. Her talent is BEYOND amazing. She can just sweep you up the moment she runs on stage. Thats what a true performer is about. Stephanie J. Block and Idina IMO are the two best Elphaba's. Both are just incrediable :)
re: Rent cast on the Tonys!
 Jun 16 2008, 03:10:38 PM
It was a letdown. And yea...IMO, none of the casts AFTER the OBC of RENT have been good. I think RENT is one of those shows that...tho its a good show...just doesnt hold as much of an impact without the OBC...I've seen several casts including the OBC and none of them really compare to the Originals. Their all so blah and look like they are caught in the headlights. And yea...I hate it when Idina's fans go nuts...and thats coming from a Idina fan lol. But that whole reference to her and Taye bein
re: Broadway
 Jun 8 2008, 07:04:18 PM
eeh the thought makes me cringe.
umm, I know I will be hung for this but for me it would be WICKED.

re: Good Luck Broadway's newest stuperstar TAYLOR HICKS
 Jun 7 2008, 01:16:14 PM
ill, honestly the ONLY person on Broadway who I wish would leave the stage.
re: Eden Espinosa-Pitch Issues
 Jun 7 2008, 01:13:40 PM
Vincent...
on Broadway, she didnt miss THAT much. She had occasional PD's but that was about it.
In LA tho, she was missing alot. I believe Julie Reiber (her original Standby) was able to go on 30-40 times, while her Understudy (Courtney Corey) was able to go on about 4 times, then when Caissie Levy took over as standby she missed about 4 or so. Idk if you would call it "Alot" but she def. had more days off then she did on Broadway

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You