News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sophie72

Member Name: sophie72
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Extra stuff  Oct 1 2018, 06:53:56 PM

kelsey1389 said: "Random question, but did ANYONE find anything from the 2009 revival of Hair? At the last minute I couldn't go to Flea so I had some people digging around for me. I normally look on eBay but there's not really much coming up."

My husband and two teenage daughters are on the lookout every year we go to the flea market for anything Hair related (it’s one of my all time favorite shows).  I found a po

Be More Chill Off-Broadway Official Thread  Aug 2 2018, 08:14:03 PM

I can’t  deny that my 15 year old daughter was excited when this show was announced and knowing that it had a large fan base, I promptly bought us tickets the day they went on sale.  She is not however, a stan (I actually needed to look up the meaning), but is a Joe Iconis fan thanks to her mom. We didn’t make it to the 2015 staging and were instead introcdced to the show after she purchased it on ITunes.  We brought a friend of mine and her 18 year old daughte

THE BOYS IN THE BAND (2018) Previews  May 2 2018, 07:25:26 AM

While my husband and daughters were next door seeing Come From Away (I’ve seen it twice), I was next door at The Booth.  My mother made sure I had read the play when I was a teenager and to finally see The Boys in the Band staged was one of the most powerful theater moments I’ve ever experienced-that is not an exaggeration.  I sat in the Mezzanine, grabbed my ticket yesterday morning, and didn’t miss a line of dialogue, one bit of the amazing, or one emotion that w

Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread  Feb 7 2015, 01:01:52 PM
"On another unrelated note, has anyone seen the gorgeous new window cards? I NEED one."

They're even more gorgeous in person! Definitely something that will be framed.

Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread  Feb 6 2015, 08:57:49 AM
My husband and I were there last night (I had seen NPH, while he had seen Michael C Hall) and it was amazing, even with all the technical difficulties. We laughed harder than we ever thought possible and I openly cried during Midnight Radio. JCM was able to cover incredibly well, even with the snafus and now we're both anxious to go back! A very interesting night of theater indeed.
Key Brand Entertainment acquires BroadwayBox.com  Jul 11 2013, 07:55:21 PM
Definitely meant broadway.com, my mistake (typing too quickly). Outrageous fees.....
Is Kinky's Score Really Better Than Matilda's?  Jul 11 2013, 05:50:22 PM
I liked Kinky Boots when I saw it, however it's the first time (that I can recall) that I've been horribly disappointed in the CD recording of a show. The show is fun, upbeat and lively-the recording is, in my opinion, a lead brick. To compare the 2 recordings is tough-Matilda is captured much better on CD than Kinky Boots.
Key Brand Entertainment acquires BroadwayBox.com  Jul 11 2013, 05:41:22 PM
Now we just cross our fingers and hope for the best. I was given a gift certificate 2 years to broadway world (group of friends went in on the gift) and I was appalled by the fees! The certificate was quite sizable and I still ended up paying out of pocket for 2 tix to Godspell. Yikes!
In a bout of Shameless Self-Promotion...  Jul 7 2013, 04:49:15 PM
Sounds likes a great production. I'm not that far from you and I think my two girls would love this! Thanks for the heads up, will hop on line to see if a time works.
Murder Ballad?  Jun 28 2013, 09:11:00 AM
I rarely post and will stalk the boards, this is one show that I will defend and publicly support. I've seen it twice and have debated going back for a third time. It's unique, moody, dark and personally sucked me in. Definitely not a show for everyone-loud at times and depending where you sit, you will miss parts of the action (facial expressions also play huge role in this show)! I'm glad I went back and had a completely different set of seats as it gave a different perspective.
The

Murder Ballad transfer?  Jun 22 2013, 10:18:55 PM
I've enjoyed this twice at the Union Square Theater. There is something so unique and intoxicating about this show. That being said, I would actually hate to see it transfer to a broadway house. Part of what makes the show work is the theater and the intimate setting. I've sat in two different sections of the theater and both times have caught nuances that would be missed in a larger house.
Actors Branching Out From Their Usual Schtick/Genre  Jul 13 2012, 08:34:42 PM
Martin Short on Law and Order SVU still gives me the creeps-absolutely phenomenal performance and so unexpected!
Starlight Express  Jul 13 2012, 08:26:22 PM
Completely have a soft spot for this show. Not the best by far and I'm certainly no ALW fan, but e music was fun and this thread brings me right back to my 15 year old self. Saw this show on one of many broadway trips into NYC with my mom. Would love to see this revised soon-my 9 year old would have fun seeing it.
I've picked up the Broadway recording years ago and am now in the mood to give it a listen after all these years.

Broadway.com gift certificates  Mar 12 2012, 11:13:18 AM
I'm so glad that there was a thread about this! I've lurked on this site for years and never posted, but just need to vent to other broadway goers. Friends of mine for my birthday chipped in and purchased a gift certificate to broadway world for me. It's what I thought was a sizable (and very generous) gift that would allow me to purchase 2 tickets for myself and another member of my family-most likely my daughter who has inherited my very expensive habit. I went on the site to find tix for
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You