News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for SMichaelK

SMichaelK Profile Photo
Member Name: SMichaelK
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Puppetry of the Penis
 Sep 3 2004, 12:57:00 AM
"I saw this in London several years ago. It was quite funny.
Genital oragami.
The shapes they are able to create can be quite surprising."

Oh man, bless these men for trying something new and different, but you know what I'll stick to leaving my oragami to paper, and my genitals unfolded. But hey, kudos for... pardon the pun... having the balls to try it for those performers.

re: Best Translated Musical to screen?
 Sep 1 2004, 12:52:43 AM
I would just like to see something that uses a Broadway cast. Too often you get crap like Evita with Madonna. I would love to see ragtime done as a movie, but only with actual Broadway artists.
re: WARNING: Do not enter if You're sick of my endless talk about Sweeney T
 Aug 29 2004, 09:22:53 PM
amasis, I agree, I enjoy LNM, Honestly musically my favorite is company, I just really love some of the performances. Between Ladies who lunch and Being Alive, probably my two favorite sondheim songs. But yeah good call on a Little Night Music, definately underrated in the world of Sondheim.
re: What shows are good for a 13 year old?
 Aug 27 2004, 01:03:40 AM
I agree with broadwaybaby87. Theater is great for all ages. I saw a lot worse things with and without my family by the time I was 13. Probably the two most profane shows from what I hear are Dracula and Avenue Q. But I think at thirteen I would tend to believe most kids are mature enough to handle a little profanity or nudity... I mean I was a master of profanity by 13 and I turned out OK... or at least I think that's the case.
re: Duran Duran, Blondie, and AC/DC review musicals in the works...
 Aug 27 2004, 12:23:37 AM
Please don't even kid around with that. I almost started crying on the spot.
re: Under-rated musicals
 Aug 25 2004, 01:22:39 AM
Last Five Years
Sweeney Todd.... I know they recieved accalim, but you don't always hear people bring them up off the bat.

re: Most Overrated Musical (and Actors) of All Time
 Aug 25 2004, 01:19:36 AM
I'm surprised that I didn't see the Producers on here (or maybe I just didn't see it). I love Mel Brooks, but still. I would say the most overrated. I hate to agree with Merman but part of me wants to. I also tend to agree with Idina Menzel. And I know I'm gonna get hate on this but John Tartaglia. He's funny, he's talented, but with all the talk he's gotten lately, you'd think he's the best thing to hit Broadway ever. He's good, but not that good. He's just the it boy right now.
re: The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast or Aladdin?
 Aug 22 2004, 04:58:01 PM
STP, Nice call, proud of your boy, though it was cut is an excellent song, and after all who hasn't felt that they let thier family down at one point or another
re: Idina's answers
 Aug 22 2004, 04:35:46 PM
The Steam thing definately makes a lot of sense to me... I've never understood hot tea due to the caffeine and the fact that the heat is relaxing the esophogus and not the larynx... but inhaling hot water does make a lot of sense... I must try that sometime.
re: free dracula track...life after life
 Aug 22 2004, 04:28:18 PM
Wow, if this the tolerable song as I've heard from a few, I'm just glad I won't get the oppurtunity to see it. Bad Lyrics, Music was OK, but it reminded me of the trans-siberian Orchestra. with less drama, people, and talent. Not impressed at all.
re: THE PRODUCERS FILM
 Aug 21 2004, 01:31:30 AM
I agree Matt_G, She is a fantastic actor. While I will miss Cady Huffman, Nicole Kidman has always given it her best, and I do believe she will be able to do pretty well. Oh by the way, ES, your probably gonna have people complaining that this is a repeat post, but hey, trust me I've apparently had like three of those.
re: Website - Musical Theatre Song Lyrics
 Aug 21 2004, 12:59:25 AM
Ahh Webber and his Egotistical "Genius" atleast I can get all the Sondheim, Jason Robert Brown, and Schwartz I can handle.
re: Convention Week in NYC: Traffic Nightmare?
 Aug 21 2004, 12:54:39 AM
BW, that's not very nice... why can't I say that with a straight face. But I've checked on it, and the problem is Jersey is to the south where both DC and tradionally Conservative areas are located, but Hopefully there are a lot coming by plane. Good Luck, and from what I've read in articles, give yourself a bit of time.
re: Has Wildhorn apologized yet?
 Aug 21 2004, 12:42:25 AM
I'll tell you what though from the reviews I've been reading any connection to Wicked would be good. I can't imagine too many people having issues with its monetary success. I'm not saying greatest musical ever by any means, but its still going strong last time I checked.
re: Jessica Simpson/Elphaba
 Aug 21 2004, 12:39:31 AM
Besides not liking Pop Stars in musicals as a typical rule, I feel she does scream too much in her "Belts". While I will admit Idina isn't perfect... She is young, she has the right style and voice for broadway and has the potential to be more than what she is right now, which is still incredible. Jessica Simpson can't afford to change her vocal styling, she's making money off of her records and dumb blonde act. Plus I don't think she could pull the moodiness needed for Elphie. She's just too bu
re: Isn't it time we changed the name of a couple more Broadway theatres?
 Aug 17 2004, 04:38:06 PM
Oh God, don't get me started on Vegas, NYC might be big and brash, but at least there is substance and tradition on Broadway. Vegas was just excessive, kinda like casting David Hasslehoff in anything. Lots of flash not a lot of substance. But I definately agree that the names should stay the same... corporate sponsorship scares me, and I think that would happen... See Jerry Springer the Opera... now playing at Chase Bank of Manhattan theater in the General motors center... shudder.
re: LORD OF THE RINGS THE MUSICAL-$18 MILLION
 Aug 17 2004, 04:18:45 PM
I tend to agree about flopping, best of luck to anyone who puts on a show, but it almost sounds like they are thinking money can make a musical... Scares me to death... I mean the movies did justice to the book, a musical would not. Although I don't think Tolkein ever wrote it in the intention of seeing Frodo singing about the ring taking him over. BAD IDEA if you ask me, but hey like I say good luck.
re: Marci X
 Aug 17 2004, 01:57:08 AM
I think I see why it failed, I mean I love lisa kudrow, but as a supporting role... She's funny, but type cast and frankly just not a strong enough actor to carry a movie... but I may have to see it with all the talent. Worse comes to worst bad movies make great drinking games.
re: WHAM! The Musical
 Aug 17 2004, 01:31:38 AM
Well I know queen is being used for "We will rock you" currently at Paris Las Vegas, not sure if it ever was on broadway or even off before hand though. I would love to see Eric Clapton, Aretha Franklin, or the Beach Boys... ok so the last one would be corny and peppy... but every once in a while we need a little sap in our lives
re: Theater Stars On Film!
 Aug 17 2004, 01:27:54 AM
In the words of Cady Huffman you "If you got it flaunt it"... but wow, showtime, I mean those movies are usually aweful... I have to say my favorite though is an older one with Zero Mostel in the Original Movie "The Producers" with Gene Wilder

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You