News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for P-E

Member Name: P-E
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hugh Jackman out of The Music Man this week?  Jun 13 2022, 09:39:45 PM

For my wife’s birthday, I bought tickets yesterday for Wednesday’s matinee through TickPick (similar site to StubHub). Does anyone know if the theatre would exchange the tickets for comparable tickets on another date when Hugh Jackman is back (or not given I wasn’t the original purchaser of the ticket)?

PARADISE SQUARE - Broadway Previews  Mar 20 2022, 11:55:31 AM

Yes, set seemed to work perfectly on Saturday night. (Haven’t seen another to compare, but sets rotated.) Show ended before 10:45. 

Loudest gasp you've heard in the theatre  Feb 14 2020, 06:11:32 PM

broadway86 said: "Quinn's fatal decision near the end of The Ferryman. It was amazing."

+1

Girl From The North Country - Broadway Previews  Feb 14 2020, 06:10:48 PM

I saw this only in London and got a standing room ticket on a work trip (I live in PA).  I thought it was brilliant there.  I am an untrained fan — I love theatre but am not in the profession at all and don’t pretend to understand the work that goes into making the magic I see.  But it is fascinating that this show could be so great in London but so bad on Broadway.

I almost want to go see it again to see the differences.  (But I’m s

CHESS at the Kennedy Center  Feb 18 2018, 03:39:54 PM

At intermission of today’s matinee. They announced at the beginning (actually 15 minutes past 2:00) that “Raul Esparza has a throat infection ... but he has agreed to perform”. It sounds like it. He is still acting well though and the rest of cast is brilliant.

THE BAND'S VISIT Previews  Oct 8 2017, 12:20:50 PM

I had row E of rear mezzanine- thought it seemed close, actually.  Was happy we opted for the cheaper seats, as they were great.  (Although not much legroom if you're tall.)

THE BAND'S VISIT Previews  Oct 8 2017, 01:15:04 AM

I was excited to see my first "first preview" tonight.

I thought it was a bit slower at the start than many shows I've seen recently.  (And I saw Come From Away yesterday.)  But about 20-25 minutes into the show I was hooked.  The leading female actor was stunning, with two of the better songs I've ever heard.  Her songs are worth the admission price by themselves.

Overall, the music is fantastic and the story is good.  And

Musicals are expensive to run (weekly nuts)  Jul 19 2017, 10:30:19 PM

Auggie27 said: "This is an extraordinary thread from 2014 that popped up in a second tier Google search, not a traditional BWW search engine. I learned so much, Golbinau. Any chance of a partial update?  So much info here worth mulling anew. "

I agree. I teach economics to college students and found this thread fascinating.  (Ok, so maybe economists aren't known for having the most interesting preferences, but this analysis was awesome!)

SUNSET BOULEVARD (Rush Reports)  Mar 28 2017, 10:19:29 PM

Rushed Sunday. 9th in line when arrived at 11:30.  5th row balcony (left) for $42 each.  Great seats for the price.  Perfect view.

Songs about pollution  Dec 2 2016, 09:26:24 PM

Thanks all!

Songs about pollution  Nov 21 2016, 09:13:44 AM

Hi all,

I teach economics and am (still) working on a project where I find Broadway songs that can teach economic concepts.  I haven't yet found much on externalities/pollution, however.  

Do you know any songs that discuss pollution I could use?

Thanks! 

Bright Star Rush Since Closing Announcement  Jun 21 2016, 05:10:13 PM

Last Wendesday we arrived at 8:30 and were 6th in line.

Funny Girl UK  Jun 11 2016, 12:27:34 PM

I didn't see Sheridan Smith - just a show with Natasha Barnes a few weeks ago.  So while I can't compare the two, Smith was absolutely fantastic.  I didn't love the show, but her performance was special.

TDF - one show only for Monday?  Feb 13 2016, 12:56:21 PM

This Monday, there is only one show on TDF.  Sunday has a handful of shows, and Monday the following week (Feb 22nd) has about 20 shows.

I'm new to TDF - is this type of thing normal?  

Alan Cumming and Kristin Chenoweth Only Made $2700 Each To Host The Tonys?  Feb 13 2016, 12:48:40 PM

I agree.  While the pay is surprising low, nobody forced them to accept the gig.

Further, over the next couple of years - this could easily result in a couple more voice-over gigs, or invitations from private organizations to sing at a gala, etc.

I suspect hosting the Tony's was probably worth in excess of $100,000 in lifetime earnings to both Chenoweth and Cumming.  

Do shows attempt to open late in the Broadway season?  Jan 30 2016, 08:55:38 AM

Quick question for those in the know.  When coming to Broadway, do shows attempt to open within a few months of the Tony Awards?

I’ve heard some say it can be tougher for a show to survive/thrive when opening in the early part of a Tony Season (although there are plenty of exceptions – including Hamilton).  Given this chatter, would any producers make a concerted effort to move their show to Broadway between February-April so it opens relatively late in the Tony Se

Best way to surprise kids with Hamilton tickets  Dec 25 2015, 12:16:57 PM

Thanks all!  Great suggestions!  (Some funny, others we thought about using, but ..)

We ended up going with them opening three envelopes separately and simultaneously that each had a $10 bill.  The looked puzzled, then when we asked them to think about it for a second - my daughter slowly started to smile with a look of "you didn't ..."  We then told them the date and they started screaming.  (Yes, we're proud to have raised three

Best way to surprise kids with Hamilton tickets  Dec 23 2015, 11:14:23 PM

Hi All,

My wife and I got our kids, ages 9 - 14 tickets to Hamilton in Feb.  (Bought them in August.)  This will be a Christmas present for them.  They will be elated, largely as they know how tough it is to get tickets and will assume we aren't getting tickets anytime soon.  

Any thoughts as as how to break the news?  Our thought is to just give each kid an envelope with a ten dollar bill in it and see if they fig

Best Musicals for Kids  Jul 24 2015, 10:22:37 PM

We took our kids to Matilda in London and our 10 and 8 year olds (at the time) loved it - but not the 5 year old.  (It Can be a bit scary.). 

All three loved Wicked, Lion King, and Les Miz at that same age.

The other they all loved that we took them to one year later was Chicago (yes, we get parent-of-the-year points for that decision).  

Something Rotten rush lately?  Jun 23 2015, 11:23:16 PM

We rushed last Wednesday.  Arrived at 9:30 and were about 20th in line.  Received 3rd row orchestra side tickets.  Tickets were partial-view, but I think there were only about 45-seconds of the show where that mattered.  They were great seats!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You