News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for k-ron78

Member Name: k-ron78
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

THE THANKSGIVING PLAY Previews
 Mar 28 2023, 10:19:12 PM

MemorableUserName said: "k-ron78 said: "Just sitting here waiting to watch a play skewering performative wokeness while being told to wear a mask for the first time in a year:"

In case anyone is unaware, this is not a requirement at all performances. Second Stage has certain Mask Mandated Performances where masks are required, so that audience members who would be more comfortable in a masked audience can choose those shows. There are maybe 8 through the

THE THANKSGIVING PLAY Previews
 Mar 28 2023, 06:57:49 PM

Just sitting here waiting to watch a play skewering performative wokeness while being told to wear a mask for the first time in a year:

ANGELS IN AMERICA Reviews
 May 20 2018, 04:00:24 PM

I saw the marathon yesterday, 5/19.  One thing that bothered me was that there were several occasions where Prior was speaking what I considered to be very deep and meaningful lines but the audience responded with laughter, I guess because of Garfield's campy delivery.  I have seen one other University production of Millenium Approaches and the HBO miniseries, and I don't remember laughing... at all. 

Off-Broadway Recommendations
 May 11 2018, 11:10:34 AM

Making my annual Broadway trip next week for the express purpose of seeing Angels in America and The Band's Visit.  Looking to fill one extra slot.  I'm curious if anyone has a recommendation for any up and coming Off-Broadway shows that would be worth seeing.

Michael Lee Brown Dear Evan Hansen
 Jul 13 2017, 04:20:09 PM

I'll be there tonight.  Apparently Michael will be on again.  Looking forward to comparing his performance to Ben's from earlier in the spring.

Camera Work at the Tonys
 Jun 12 2017, 10:19:56 AM

The camera work for Come From Away was ridiculous; namely, the awkward zoom-ins during the first half of the number and the audience hair partially blocking the shot.  Also, the sound mixing at first was frightening with one voice being far too loud... thankfully that got corrected.

Dear Evan Hansen - Row A Seating
 Mar 27 2017, 03:46:12 PM

As a public service announcement, be forewarned before sitting in Row A for Dear Evan Hansen.  You're likely to end up with a sore neck.  You might wonder if it is preferable to see Ben Platt's face instead of the underside of a dinner table in several scenes.  The angle is ridiculous.  Fantastic show though, glad to have the opportunity to see it.

Oh yeah, on the plus side, one of the notecards from the speech scene at the end of act I could also fall in yo

Misery - Who is to blame for this?
 Jan 31 2016, 12:32:07 AM

I attended the matinee performance of Misery on January 30. Perhaps this was an anomaly, but there was sustained laughter from the audience at every critical moment in the play.  Moments that were definitely not meant to be funny... I don't want to give away any spoilers.  For a production that bills itself as a thriller, this seems like an epic fail.  I'm not an expert, so my question is "Who's fault is this?"  The director?  The actors?

Hamilton Resale Tickets
 Dec 31 2015, 01:33:20 PM

I was looking at the Ticketmaster availability for Saturday January 30.  Not surprisingly, only resale tickets were available.  It appears that there are about 25 tickets available in the first six rows of the center orchestra section... all of them priced at about $1,500-1,600.  Lots of others are available as well, but I'm focused on these.

Setting aside all questions as to how so many prime tickets came into the hands of re-sellers, my two remaining questions are:

Silly question from a tourist
 Feb 12 2015, 12:56:59 PM
So, I'm a theater lover from fly-over country that gets to NYC maybe once every other year. I've got a trip upcoming in March and have a question that I can't find answers for by searching this board or anywhere else on the internets.

I'm dying to see Alan Cumming in Cabaret. I have tickets for the final show on 3/29 because I thought it would be cool to say I was there for the last show... but now I'm wondering if that was a mistake. Should one expect the final show to be a markedly

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You