News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ChenoMenzel

ChenoMenzel Profile Photo
Member Name: ChenoMenzel
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

My response to Mermaid...and Roadmixer....
 Dec 19 2007, 04:57:58 PM
So after reading a couple posts, namely the ones by Elphie and Thesbijean, I must say that I absolutely agree with both your assessments of the show. I saw it with my boyfriend last night and I had the exact same problems as you did, from the staging, to the set design, to the new numbers, to the lack of characterization and to the presentational style. These elements combine showcase that there is something fundamentally that does not work within the show. There is a certain magic lacking.
re: RENT bloopers
 Nov 29 2005, 09:05:35 PM
Hey, it's not the Church Avenue station in Brooklyn.
It was actually filmed on 12th street between Ave A and 1st Ave. My friend lives over there and you can see her apartment. The Life Support center is actually a school in reality. We laughed because we didn't get why they wanted to take the F/V to another place in the east village....

The Karaoke Show set to re-open July 14th....
 Jun 22 2005, 02:23:51 PM
So a few members of the show jumped ship, so we are going to re-cast, tighten up, and re-open July 14th officially. We had two weeks of previews and we need to retool a little before our official open on Thursday July 14th... check out www.thekshow.com for reservations and such. You shoul defintely come check us out at the Club El Flamingo; you'll have a blast. And look for me, a sexy Dragon Boy! haha...okay, enough.
'The Karaoke Show' returns to the Club El Flamingo!
 Jun 2 2005, 12:58:05 PM
Hey guys, I just wanted to let you all know that 'The Karaoke Show' (from the creators of The Donkey Show) is set to open June 8th at the Club El Flamingo in Chelsea. We run every Weds. night during the summer...it's such an exciting and amazing off-broadway show. It's so much fun, you all should really check it out! For tickets, you can call (212) 243 2121...sorry for the shameless self-promotion, but, it's what you gotta do!
re: Brooklyn the musical - live - released Dec 14th
 Dec 1 2004, 03:19:49 PM
I was there. It was really cool they just had like a whole group of us sitting down in chairs with the whole band. There was a tiny stage and they all head mics and headphones and chairs and they sang. Apparantly, they did the live audience three times and also had studio time without anyone so they picked the best vocal performances. I think it was good because it gave a really good energy and it was cool cuz I took off my headphones sometimes and just listened to them singing and it sounded ac
Rent fire?
 Sep 6 2004, 04:48:57 PM
My friends were uptown today and saw fire trucks all around the Neaderlander where Rent is. Does anyone have any information on what happened, if anything? Thanks.
re: what is the animosity towards wicked for?
 Jun 12 2004, 09:16:04 PM
Uhh...Fiyero wasn't african american. He was blue. He was tatooed with blue diamonds all over him...where did that come from?
What is the animosity towards Wicked for?
 Jun 12 2004, 12:39:34 AM
I don't quite get it. It's a huge smash, selling tickets galore. The public loves it. The critics didn't, but that's fine. It's subjective. But when people call it pure pop trash, and all flash and no depth, I get quite upset. It is a big spectacular and "flashy" show because it's based on a book that completely merits its flashiness, what do they expect? It has to be staged that way. The Wizard of Oz, come on... And no depth? It's a beautiful story about two best friends. If someone cold
Whats Cheno up to next?
 Jun 9 2004, 10:49:23 PM
What is she up to after Wicked? Oh and I saw her cd today and said star of the tv series "Kristen"? Whats up with that?
Question bout Cheno...
 Jun 9 2004, 12:14:04 AM
So I'm moving to the city this fall, and two questions.
1: Do they have student discount days for Wicked?
2: Is there any chance Cheno might extend her run?

THANKS!

~LJ (newbie!)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You