News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for loveinnewyorkcity

loveinnewyorkcity Profile Photo
Member Name: loveinnewyorkcity
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Camila Cabello to play Maria in Speilberg's WSS?  Aug 25 2018, 02:54:05 PM
A big project like this would have NDA’s all over it.
No way they’d let some tween tweet all about the auditions and casting.
She also looks too young. Even though I think Tony and Maria should be somewhat age appropriate, they’ll at least be in their early 20’s. Casting teens in movies about teens only works on Disney Channel and gives it an amateur feel and can cause it to lack mass appeal and not appeal to older generations...in my opinion.
I don’t really think Camila has the r

Camila Cabello to play Maria in Speilberg's WSS?  Aug 9 2018, 09:12:14 AM

I’ll be honest...I had no idea who Cabello was until all this West Side Story hoopla. Day by day though, it’s looking more likely that her Maria is a go. I stumbled across some tweets online that her fans say are ‘proof’ that she’ll be taking on the role.

The WSS casting director, Cindy Tolan, recently followed some members of Camila’s team on Twitter, including her manager.

Then there’s an Instagram photo of her and Jason Ma

Exchanging Tickets for Another Day Question  Apr 9 2018, 04:09:22 PM
Hi!
Does anyone know how leniant Ticketmaster is with swapping tickets for a different performance day, specifically for Angels in America? Something came up the marathon day I have tickets for and I’d just like to change the date. I know Telecharge is usually good with it but never done it with TM before. Any insight would be great! Thanks!

RISE  Mar 14 2018, 01:00:40 PM
I was willing to give it a chance being that I’m a sucker for the nostalgia of high school shows and loved Glee (well, the first few seasons at least).
I thought the performers had incredible voices but everything else fell flat. I know its supposed to be based on the true story of Drama High but it’s a carbon copy of Glee, just more bleak. Lou and his whole situation with the his wife not wanting him to run the Theatre Club and even down to the way he dresses eminates Mr. Schue. Even his f

Previews  Mar 12 2018, 01:29:44 PM
Does Andrew Garfield has any scheduled days off? There’s noting listed on TM as far as I can see yet. Looking into performances the week of the Tony Awards. What’s attendance like then?
Wicked OFFICIALLY coming to theaters  Jan 2 2018, 09:59:19 AM
I don't think a release coinciding with Star Wars will have any impact on Wicked. Two drastically different films, with drastically different audiences. That's not to say there's an overlap but for the most part, I mean, yeah.
No matter when Wicked releases it likely won't pull in north of $30 million opening weekend. It's not going to be some huge blockbuster. It'll be a steady sell throughout the holiday weeks, as people flock to the movies then.
Releasing the film in December, thoug

Armie Hammer and Tom Skerritt to lead Straight White Men  Dec 4 2017, 09:25:19 PM

Angels in America Rush  Oct 15 2017, 10:59:32 PM

Hi!

I'm dying to see Angels when it transfers to Broadway and I know it's waaaaay to early to know what the rush policy will be but does anyone know what rush was like for past two part shows? Do you rush each performance separately? This will be my first two-parter so I'm trying to weigh my options and see if I should buy full price tickets or wait and try to rush the show. I also am not sure if I'll be able to see both parts on the same day so I'm trying to figure

Why wouldn't Connor Murphy's parents check Connor's phone for texts from Evan?  Oct 13 2017, 04:04:42 PM

This is why I hate the use of modern technology in shows. Someone could be writing the most amazing musical about Snapchat right now but by time they get it on its feet and premiere it somewhere in say, a year or so, it's likely it will be outdated in some form. It's hard to write something and set it in the present day while using technology since technology is evolving literally every day. 

Maybe ten years from now it'll be easy to look back and write a story based i

Lea Michele announces on WWHL she wants to return to Broadway in FUNNY GIRL  Oct 13 2017, 03:54:49 PM

Everyone on here talks crap about Lea Michele's attitude as if she's the only person on Broadway that has an ego...

And you can't discredit someone's talent because of 'diva behavior'. In my opinion, Lea is one of the best technical singers in the business. I think she be fantastic in Funny Girl and I'd certainly a revival starring her. 

Ego is one thing...intentional behavior to bring a show's demise on is another. *cough* Oak. *cough*

Broadway Halloween costumes??  Oct 7 2017, 08:36:45 PM

Natasha or Sonya are easy costumes in my opinion. 

Barrett Doss, Oak Onaodowan cast in ShondaLand Drama  Oct 6 2017, 06:16:34 PM

This really just makes me so mad.  

I know getting cast in a show/series is mainly supposed to be based on talent, and though Oak may have a seed of it at most, I'm not shocked that Shonda is ignoring his behavior. It's likely because she shares his views on race that she's probably maybe even just hiring him as an F U to certain individuals. Or to use the word 'Hamilton' as a marketing tool even though he's the most forgettable cast member in that sho

Are Box Seats Underrated?  Sep 29 2017, 04:27:35 PM

quizking101 said: "It honestly depends on the production and how many seats they decide to cram into a box.

If it's a show where most of the action is downstage center (a la "Hamilton", then its fine. But if they use the entire periphery of the stage (the 2013 revival of "The Glass Menagerie", it's a nightmare. Additionally, some theatres usually only have 2-4 seats per box (If it's 4, it's usually tiered). However (and I forget the show), one theater crammed 6 chairs into a single-tiered box and we were literally on top of each other and in a row.
"

Book of Mormon's box seats look crammed? Could that be the show you mean? 

BCEFA FLEA MARKET COLLECTORS UNITE!!  Sep 25 2017, 08:38:45 AM

Great Comet was certainly the star of the Flea Market.

Wonder if it would have been such an attraction had the show still been open. It's unlikely they would've sold curtain pieces and earrings but everyone is really rallying around the show.

St. James renovations  Sep 24 2017, 08:09:06 PM

They also sold the St. James box seats for $500 a piece.

BCEFA FLEA MARKET COLLECTORS UNITE!!  Sep 24 2017, 08:07:35 PM

Anyone know what auction item went for the most money? The Great Comet signed poster went for LOADS. Was wondering what topped it.

Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL  Sep 19 2017, 01:32:36 PM

Mildred Plotka said: "This is a bit off topic from Wolfe's departure, but I've been thinking about this and didn't want to start an entirely new thread. Is anyone else uncomfortable with the casting of a black actor as Bigelow? Henry is a talented fellow and I'm sure he'll be great, but I'm just wondering how having a black actor beat his wife and committing a crime will play. Feels to me it will add layers that just aren't needed and be a bit uncomfortabl

Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL  Sep 19 2017, 01:25:50 PM

What about Damien Chazelle's Parisian musical for Netflix? Netflix just ordered eight episodes and production will likely start in the fall. 

Maybe he's finally decided to cast people who can act AND sing. 

Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL  Sep 19 2017, 08:25:47 AM

Malka2 said: "If it's important enough for her to bow out of Carousel for, and it's a "fall" scheduling conflict even though rehearsals aren't until mid-winter, I think it's a fair bet that she's signing on for a TV series. 1) Bigger career move 2) starts in the fall 3) continues through winter."

More likely to be film than TV since pilot season is over. Unless she's doing a guest spot which would be a poor reason to depart the show.

Musicals or Plays with infidelity  Sep 17 2017, 10:14:01 PM

Jersey Boys, Hamilton, Great Comet ( I guess)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You