News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for curiousincident

Member Name: curiousincident
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/30/22  Nov 1 2022, 07:56:45 PM

people have been saying "live theatre is dying!" for years and years and years now and it never has and honestly I don't think it ever will. rough patches will happen but I do not think we need to be concerned about the medium as a whole 

WALKING WITH GHOSTS Previews  Oct 19 2022, 11:56:02 PM

I liked it! Gabriel Byrne is excellent, as expected.

I will say however that the show definitely feels a bit long, especially during the first act 

2022 Pulitzer Prize Predicitions  May 9 2022, 12:12:26 AM

It's a shame "A Case for the Existence of God" didn't open sooner because that really could've won (and still could next year I suppose)

Dave Malloy is suing GREAT COMET producers over unpaid royalties for int'l productions  Apr 21 2022, 09:27:46 PM

Does Dave Malloy not have an agent?? They're usually pretty good about these kinds of things 

CLYDE'S Previews  Nov 3 2021, 10:09:15 PM

it is 100 minutes with no intermission! and even for a first preview it didn't run long! 

Broadway and the Coronavirus  Mar 9 2020, 01:41:36 PM

I wonder how this will affect shows like Sleep No More that have a lot of audience interaction 

Inheritance Rush Predictions?  Jan 25 2020, 11:46:43 PM

I got a rush ticket for Part 1 this past Friday at around 12:00pm and got a front row seat. I rushed for Part 2 the next day and got there around 11:00am and got a seat in row P. The box office guy said part 2 sells out more because it is performed less. 

BEST MUSICAL 2020  Jan 16 2020, 10:23:18 PM

Impossible2 said: "curiousincident said: "To be honest I don't really understand the love for Six. While the songs are incredibly catchy, they have absolutely mediocre lyrics that make it a little hard to listen to. I'd be surprised if this survives for a long time with these high ticket prices"

You're right...listening to a few songsis exactly the same as seeing a show performed live with amazing performances, choreography,lighting and a hil

BEST MUSICAL 2020  Jan 16 2020, 10:04:15 PM

To be honest I don't really understand the love for Six. While the songs are incredibly catchy, they have absolutely mediocre lyrics that make it a little hard to listen to. I'd be surprised if this survives for a long time with these high ticket prices 

HERCULES to Play the Public Theatre this summer!!  Sep 1 2019, 01:37:28 AM

I posted a song list in the Audience Reviews board, but I'll post it here too

Song List:

"To Be Human (Prologue)"

"The Gospel Truth"

"The Gospel Truth (Reprise 1 - He Ran the Underworld)"

"The Prophecy"

"The Gospel Truth (Reprise 2 - Hades Was Not Amused)"

"The Gospel Truth (Reprise 3 - Young Herc Was Mortal Now)"

"Uniquely Greek Town Square&

Hercules Audience Reviews  Sep 1 2019, 01:34:54 AM

Song List:

"To Be Human (Prologue)"

"The Gospel Truth"

"The Gospel Truth (Reprise 1 - He Ran the Underworld)"

"The Prophecy"

"The Gospel Truth (Reprise 2 - Hades Was Not Amused)"

"The Gospel Truth (Reprise 3 - Young Herc Was Mortal Now)"

"Uniquely Greek Town Square"

"Go the Distance"

"One Last Hope"

"The Gospel Truth (Reprise 4 -

What The Constitution Means To Me Broadway Previews  Mar 17 2019, 01:37:51 PM

The running time is about 100 minutes with no intermission 

NANTUCKET SLEIGH RIDE Previews  Mar 8 2019, 11:36:54 AM

I saw this last week and wasn't a huge fan of it. I love John Guare, but this was a very safe and very standard play. Strong performance from Will Swenson, even though his character isn't needed in the play at all. 

Donna Summer RUSH  Apr 25 2018, 12:06:13 AM

I rushed on the 12th and got there at about 9:15 and there were only five or so people in front of me (all five getting 2 tickets)

They only have a certain amount of tickets and most of the seven or so people behind me who got there at 9:50/10 didn't get seats. From what the guy at the box office said, the first sets of tickets are in the boxes and the rest are single seats either in the front row or on the sides of the orchestra 

Escape to Margaritaville Rush  Apr 15 2018, 08:09:08 PM

For this show, I wouldn't say front row is good. It's pretty hard to breathe during an extended sequence in act two where a bunch of dry ice is used since it goes literally right on top of the first row, and at one point in the show there's fake snow that fell directly on my side of the first row. 

Escape to Margaritaville Rush  Apr 14 2018, 01:33:23 AM

My rush seats were front row, and I believe everyone else in the front row got them via rush too 

Escape to Margaritaville Rush  Apr 13 2018, 05:04:02 PM

I got there literally an hour before the show and they still had a bunch of rush tickets left. Also, when I rushed Summer the other day there wasn't anyone in line at the Marquis at all 

FARINELLI AND THE KING Previews  Dec 6 2017, 10:45:25 PM
I was at the final dress rehearsal on Sunday and sat in the stage seats and I thought the show was absolutely wonderful
Drama Desk Awards performances?  May 23 2017, 07:01:41 PM

Chris McCarrell and George Salazar both posted on instagram that Lightning Thief is performing 

Since we know Oak Onaodowan will be the next Pierre, who would make good replacements for Natasha and Anatole?  May 19 2017, 07:12:15 PM

Brendon Urie's a great singer and depending on how his acting is in Kinky Boots, I could potentially see him as Anatole 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You