News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Theater_Nerd

Theater_Nerd Profile Photo
Member Name: Theater_Nerd
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Steven Spielberg's WEST SIDE STORY - News & Discussion Thread  Sep 16 2021, 03:38:09 PM
Is there any news regarding the soundtrack’s release date?
DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release  Sep 16 2021, 04:00:27 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "LOL you're right i'm so obsessed with you and your ridiculous need to be noticed. Tell us all the other things you refuse to do! Please! We're OBSESSED!"

Keep telling yourself that. Whatever floats your boat.

DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release  Sep 16 2021, 03:58:01 PM

Theater_Nerd said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Ah, yes. The ol’ “you care what i think because you respond” argument. That one never grows old."

Ah, the old "I am now the flipping the script and making myself the victim after you defended yourself from my online bullying". Puh-lease. Quit while you're ahead why don't you?

^ Feel free to continue to delude yourself into thinking you don't give two fks an

DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release  Sep 16 2021, 03:54:54 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Ah, yes. The ol’ “you care what i think because you respond” argument. That one never grows old."

Ah, the old "I am now the flipping the script and making myself the victim after you defended yourself from my online bullying". Puh-lease. Quit while you're ahead why don't you?

DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release  Sep 16 2021, 03:49:50 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Theater_Nerd said: "What are you twelve? Grow up son."

Son? Let’s not go there. I’m not the child declaring how you ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT BE SUPPORTING SOMETHING, like any single person her gives two fks.
"

Obviously, you do as you keep choosing to respond to me.

DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release  Sep 16 2021, 03:40:03 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "Theater_Nerd said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Then don’t see it."

Whoa, slow down there buddy. Stop internalizing the opinion I have the right to.

I most certainlywill not be seeing this.
"

Cute.

DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release  Sep 16 2021, 03:40:01 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "Theater_Nerd said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Then don’t see it."

Whoa, slow down there buddy. Stop internalizing the opinion I have the right to.

I most certainlywill not be seeing this.
"

Cute.

DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release  Sep 16 2021, 03:35:30 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Exactly. Then don’t see it. "

What are you twelve? Grow up son. 

DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release  Sep 16 2021, 03:30:48 PM

Theater_Nerd said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Then don’t see it."

I most certainly will not. be seeing this.

DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release  Sep 16 2021, 03:29:01 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Then don’t see it."

I most certainly will not be seeing this.

DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release  Sep 16 2021, 03:25:40 PM

Oooh, I don't think I could stomach sitting through this. An ex-boyfriend of mine committed suicide last May. If someone did to his family what Evan Hansen does to Connor's in this show I'm pretty sure there would be hell-to-pay. 

The marketing for this film is extremely misleading, deceptive, and infuriating (much like its titular character) in regards to its content with some media outlets calling it "magical", "uplifting", "the right me

Reading of New Sondheim Musical with Nathan Lane and Bernadette Peters  Sep 16 2021, 03:00:55 PM

I'm really excited about this. I was really disappointed when it was originally reported back in April that it was no longer being developed.

I love Buñuel and I love Sondheim, so this is a "perfect marriage" of sorts for me. 

Phylicia Rashad on Cosby's Release  Jun 30 2021, 06:52:59 PM

Bill Cosby was freed on a procedural issue that is irrelevant to the facts of the crime. If Phylicia's tweet is in reference to the procedural issue then she should have been more responsible and made that clear because all people are seeing is that she is happy that her friend, a serial rapist was released from prison. 

She should have stepped away from her keyboard. 

The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread  Jun 28 2021, 08:41:23 PM

I finally got to see this in a movie theater after about half a dozen viewings on HBOmax. It is easily one of the best stage musical-to-film adaptations. It's truly a wonder to behold on a big screen! What an uplifting and joyous movie to bring us into a post-pandemic summer!

The box office success, or lack thereof, does nothing at all to change its quality!

The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread  Jun 15 2021, 09:57:37 AM

bear88 said: "Any slim chance of In The Heights staging an unlikely comebackdisappeared as the day wore on. Warner Bros. tossed concrete on it, dismissing the idea that its presence on HBO Max hurt the film's box office in any appreciable way.

The post-mortems are already in. It's a plotless musical with no stars, no compellingsongs, and no reason to risk COVID-19 to see it. Outside of New York City, Latinos didn't really care. And regular people want

The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread  Jun 14 2021, 09:04:30 PM
does anyone here think that it’s poor reception at the box office has anything to do with the colorism backlash? it’s pretty intense, especially over on twitter.
Not having Betsy Struxness in the Hamilton movie does a disservice to the show  Jul 7 2020, 02:26:54 PM

GiantsInTheSky2 said: "Again, they are not advertising/promoting it as the Original Broadway Cast. It is officially labeled as the Original Broadway Production, which is accurate."

Which is fine but I fail to see how Miss Struxness' absence makes this recording irrelevant. I am not familiar with her and I am sure she is a wonderful performer but going by the original poster's message they make it seem as if her presence was absolutely necessary to the show.&n

Not having Betsy Struxness in the Hamilton movie does a disservice to the show  Jul 7 2020, 10:48:57 AM

I fail to see how the absence of 1 or 2 members of the ensemble affects the overall enjoyment/quality of the show. From what I could gather after filtering out the numerous posts in this thread is that Betsy Struxness, an original member of the show's ensemble since it's inception was disillusioned and left the show of her own accord and does not appear in the released film. The producers have since stopped promoting this as the Original Broadway Cast after much protest

He Won't Be Fired  Feb 14 2020, 11:44:08 PM

HogansHero said: "sinister teashop said: "I didn't realize that Alexandra Waterbury has been actively involved in these protests in front of the theater. Although I agree with manyof the points brought up here thatcomplicate the issue, Waterbury's involvement and the weight it gives to these demonstrations seems to have gotten lost in many of the responses here."

Again, clarity would be nice. No one here is suggesting that what he did was ok. I d

Man Shouts Heil Hitler at Fiddler Performance  Nov 15 2018, 12:09:35 PM

Hate is a concept so foreign to me. This story shook me to my very core. What is going on?  The two individuals who chose to do this are in need of psychiatric help. A normal person does not do this. It is not normal behavior. So calculated, premeditated and evil.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You