News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DeepVSexyWitch2

Member Name: DeepVSexyWitch2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Wow... A STAR IS BORN snub?!  Jan 10 2019, 01:09:10 PM

I'm not sure which Bohemian Rapsody you watched but I saw the one where they made his queer lifestyle his downfall in a  "if only he had stayed with his wife..." bull**** type display.

Vagina Monologues Outdated/Exclusionary?  Nov 20 2018, 06:18:12 PM

I don't understand why the results of an interest survey for students has resulted in any other response besides "okay they're not interested in that!". No one is asking the show to change, they just aren't interested in seeing it. Ensler is an infamous second wave feminist who many consider "behind the times", it's not unreasonable a group of students would want to hear from someone else. 

Brandon Victor Dixon, Vanessa Hudgens, Keala Settle, Jordan Fisher Set for Fox's Rent Live!  Oct 29 2018, 05:08:14 PM

Tinashe is one of the only good things about this casting. The most talented pop girl by far and is paid nothing but dust by the general public. 

Daniel Fish-Directed OKLAHOMA! Lassos its Way to St. Ann's Warehouse  Sep 28 2018, 08:23:20 PM

I was at the first preview last night. I rather enjoyed myself. I much prefer a monumental overhaul of a classic than sitting through what we already know just for kicks. The direction is simple and it peels back the show to be something else I haven't really thought Oklahoma as. It's sexy and slow, though sometimes I felt the energy dipped because of it. Rebecca Naomi Jones is a weak link. Ali Stroker is giving a solid performance. Mary Testa is a gift. May we continue to see ex

THE NAP Reviews  Sep 28 2018, 01:56:13 PM

I really enjoyed this and agree with Brantley for once. I saw The Nap, My Fair Lady, Head Over Heels, & Oklahoma in the same trip and The Nap was the one I keep coming back to. Such fun so wonderfully done. 

HADESTOWN to open in London, Broadway in 2019  Aug 13 2018, 11:03:55 AM

Last I heard, they are really hellbent on wanting the Circle in the Square for this, so I imagine they'll announce the details about the transfer after Once on This Island closes. 

In the Ivo Van Hove 're-imagining' of [FILL IN THE BLANK]..  Jul 15 2018, 12:56:44 PM

I don't understand how anyone is being disrespectful when PalJoey started the thread ripping on someone else's work he hasn't even seen yet. Just because you are older or were there or worked with this person doesn't mean you're any more deserving of respect when you're acting like an asshole. I can appreciate and respect the experience PalJoey had with the show without thinking it has to be done that way and only that way for the rest of time.

Thoughts on Derek Klena?  May 25 2018, 11:18:31 PM

I hear he does car commercials in Japan. 

People Magazine: First Listen to MEAN GIRLS cast album  May 17 2018, 03:36:37 PM

I didn't like the score at first but it;s definitely grown on me and is a lot better than I gave it credit for. 

Was Kristolyn Lloyd making a dig towards DEH?  Apr 19 2018, 11:41:23 AM

I mean, wasn't she cast in DEH after the show got criticized in an earlier reiteration for being too white?

Way too early 2018 Tony Predictions Thread  Apr 12 2018, 01:39:14 PM

I think Louderman, Hensen, and Rockwell are the only actors from Mean Girls who could possibly land a nomination. If the committee ends up ruling Louderman in featured and Hennigan leading, (which is what i should be, in my opinion) than I think Louderman gets the featured nod. If she's put in leading I don't see it working out for her. 

SAINT JOAN (2018) Previews  Apr 4 2018, 12:12:59 AM

Was there tonight as well. It's totally fine, if a little draggy. I thought Rashad was good in the first act and great in the second. Everything else is a little unmemorable. Feels like the director saw his group of great actors and said "I'll get out of their way." and it doesn't bode well. Scenes have little movement, everyone is plopped down in one place, and the final scene of Act 1 had so little tension I couldn't believe there was anything at stake. Rashad dese

Way too early 2018 Tony Predictions Thread  Apr 2 2018, 11:46:26 PM

I have just finished up seeing all the new musicals tonight and here is what I would choose, though I do expect Frozen to show up in the actual nominations:

Best Musical

• Mean Girls
  • Spongebob Squarepants
  • Summer: The Donna Summer Musical  
  • The Band’s Visit

Best Revival of a Musical

• Carousel
  • My Fair Lady
  • Once on This Island

Best Actor in a Musical

• Henry H
New Yorker article  Mar 22 2018, 03:49:38 AM

Denise Gough was the MVP of this production for me. Nathan Lane is brilliant. Andrew Garfield is giving a very loud and showy interpretation but I was not as won over as some others seems to be. James McArdle is giving a stunner of a performance. Lee Pace is serviceable. The hours fly by. I may be in the minority, but I have always preferred Perestroika and this production only furthered that preference. The set change with the snow is magical. The camaraderie among the audience was beau

MEAN GIRLS Previews  Mar 16 2018, 01:06:49 AM

I was there tonight. The main thing I was shocked by was how tonally different it feels from the movie. The movie felt cool and this feels more like an energetic cartoon world the story of Mean Girls just happened to be dropped into. It's clearly a deliberate choice and when it works, it really works, but it definitely took some adjusting. The opening number is awful and really had me worried about what I was about to get into, but things definitely perk up. I agree the mus

Selling 1 tix: Angels in America Part 1 and 2, 3/21/18.  Mar 15 2018, 05:24:26 PM

Hi there!

I have a ticket to both parts of Angels is America this upcoming Wednesday the 21st (1:00pm & 7:00pm) that I sadly can no longer use! The seat is in the Front Mezz, Row C, Seat 104 for both parts. I spent $318 originally but am only asking for $210. PM me if interested! 

CAROUSEL (2018) Previews  Mar 2 2018, 11:53:15 PM

It's fine. The direction is poor. It's a totally decent regional production with Broadway performances. Joshua Henry will win the Tony. Mueller was okay, though she was an attempting an accent that wasn't quite working for her. Lindsay Mendez is a star. The minute Mr. Snow ended you felt the whole audience melt into an exhale. Renee Fleming is kind of just there and sounds pretty. The choreography was very jumpy with a lot of lifts. The final picture just felt cheap when it could&

Riedel on "The Band's Visit" being a Tony favorite  Dec 19 2017, 09:15:56 PM

This show was my favorite night at the theatre in all of 2017. It's Lenk's Tony to lose, in my opinion. 

Kristin Chenoweth to star in DEATH BECOMES HER Musical Adaption  Dec 13 2017, 12:55:48 PM

This is one of my favorite movies of all time and I am INCREDIBLY skeptical of Chenoweth attached to this. If she's playing anyone, it should be Helen Sharp. I don't see her as a Madeline. Now, Sherie Rene Scott would be an incredible Madeline. 

THE CHILDREN Previews  Nov 30 2017, 11:15:47 PM

I saw this tonight. I quite enjoyed myself. The premise was interesting, the acting was strong, and it didn't cut itself short. It's definitely not going to be everyone's cup of tea but it's a small little rock of a play.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You