News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for fafolguy

fafolguy Profile Photo
Member Name: fafolguy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Footage of NIGHT MUSIC/CZJ singing Send in the Clowns
 Dec 11 2009, 05:54:02 PM
Best, I agree 100%! No idea why they'd let this stuff be shown when it's not really all that representative of the show. At least now the performance I saw...
re: Footage of NIGHT MUSIC/CZJ singing Send in the Clowns
 Dec 11 2009, 11:47:40 AM
Having, you know, actually seen the show, I would caution anyone from taking too much from that video montage. I found CZJ's performance to be far more understated than what was shown there. Just be glad they didn't show too much Henrik. He was the only thing that I really disliked in the show. There were a few instances where the orchestrations seemed a little flat, but I actually enjoyed the set. Erin Davie doesn't make as much of the role as she could, but still has some good delivery her
re: ALNM & Stubhub
 Oct 20 2009, 05:10:19 PM
I just purchased a ticket for a Saturday night in December before the official opening. Second row center mezz for the regular price. That's a big part of why I decided a preview of this show would be good enough for me and decided to take my trip in December.
re: Moments in Shows that Made You Cry When You First Saw It
 Aug 11 2009, 02:36:35 PM
The gasp in SITPWG
New Music in Ragtime (When the cast came out on the fire escapes...literally took my breath away)
What Would You Do from Cabaret gets me every time too.

re: Best Original Musicals of the Decade
 Jul 6 2009, 01:09:40 PM
Caroline, or Change
Urinetown
Next to Normal
[title of show]

I have to think that using the word "original" in the thread title indicates shows that are not based on anything else. If that's not what the OP meant, they should have said best NEW musicals of the decade.

re: Broadway phrases you use in everyday life
 Sep 19 2008, 05:49:10 PM
My biggest one is "Near may be better than far, but it still isn't there" from Into the Woods. I use it a lot at work when somebody says that something is at least better than it used to be. Sadly, I work with a lot of people who gladly accept 'good enough.'

I have definately used "Sing out, Louise!" when I can't hear someone, and "WHAAAAAAAAAATTTTT?" has been used more than a few times in a sarcastic response.

re: Best Note on Broadway Ever
 Sep 15 2008, 03:33:49 PM
Harolyn Blackwell's last note of "Green Finch and Linnett Bird" from the Sondheim Celebration at Carnegie Hall is one of the most magical, gasp inducing notes I've ever heard. Hers is the only performance of that song that I really like.
re: What's your favorite souvenir @ broadway shows?
 Jul 29 2008, 06:43:49 PM
FVALLE24 - Thanks for the head's up. Turns out, they do have the one I'm looking for. They need someone to boost their google rating, cause I have never seen their site come up in a search.
Thanks!

re: Musicals That Fall Apart In Second Act
 Jul 29 2008, 03:11:03 PM
I would include the second half of Into the Woods' Act 2. All those ballads right after each other kind of induce a stupor after Last Midnight.
re: What's your favorite souvenir @ broadway shows?
 Jul 29 2008, 02:46:24 PM
Posters - if I really liked the show, I'll get the poster and have it framed.
Magnets
Program

I REALLY wish the original Sprg Awakening Poster was still available. I really hate the new one, and I would like to have it represented.

re: Favorite 'I want' song in a musical
 Jul 29 2008, 02:32:19 PM
My top two are "Somewhere That's Green" from Little Shop, or "Being Alive" from Company.
re: Show Within a Show
 Jul 11 2008, 06:22:48 PM
Pippin is a show within a show as well.
this thread is SO [title of show] cuz it [you know what] ROCKS!!!
 Jun 19 2008, 12:30:39 AM
WonderRobbie, we were standing right in front of you apparently. We were standing in the door when they all left - got a chance to say hi to all of them and they were really great. Sadly, we weren't able to get tickets today, since we won't be back in NYC until November.
But, come November, we'll be there!

re: What Musical Should Be Doyle-ified?
 Jun 13 2008, 12:58:35 PM
If the concept serves the material, I'm all for it. I think it would work really well for Pippin, where the show is performed by a "troupe" for the audience. And with a large enough ensemble, you could have a full lush orchestra sound. :)
re: What Musical Theatre Song Is Your Top Played on iTunes?
 Jun 10 2008, 12:54:32 AM
My top 3:
1) Waitin' For the Light to Shine - Big River
2) Untitled Opening Number - [title of show]
3) Touch Me - Spring Awakening

re: I Don't Care What Anyone Says, I Love...
 Jun 4 2008, 12:37:50 AM
Miss Saigon. It was my first Broadway show ever, and I loved it. The set was amazing, the story tragic, and the performances were wonderful. I don't think I've ever cried so hard in my life!
re: Musicals/Cast Albums in Your iTunes Library
 May 27 2008, 06:53:17 PM
Annie Get Your Gun (1966 Lincoln Center Cast)
Annie Get Your Gun (1999 Broadway Revival)
Anyone Can Whistle (1995 Carnegie Hall Concert)
Anything Goes (1987 Broadway Revival)
Assassins (1991 Original Cast)
Elaine Stritch At Liberty
Avenue Q
Big River
Bring in'da Noise, Bring in 'da Funk
Cabaret (Original Broadway Cast)
Cabaret (1998 Broadway Revival)
Caroline, or Change
Chicago (1996 Broadway Revival)
A Chorus Line (Original Broadway Cast)

re: What is your LEAST favorite musical ever?
 May 21 2008, 11:35:56 PM
"least favorite = one that you enjoyed the least = worst, does it not?"
---------------------------------------------------------------

Not to get into semantics, but no, they're not the same. For example, my least favorite is My Fair Lady. I can totally understand why others might like it, but I really really really do not. It's not the worst show ever written, I understand that, but of all the shows I am familiar with, it is the one I like the least.

re: What is your LEAST favorite musical ever?
 May 20 2008, 01:11:45 AM
My Fair Lady
Annie

re: Which of the following ten upcoming shows are you most looking forward
 May 18 2008, 01:46:07 AM
[title of show] definately, Shrek looks interesting...wait and see on that one.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You