News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Miserent

Miserent Profile Photo
Member Name: Miserent
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Riedel podcast covering SUNSET BOULEVARD with interviews including AWL, Close, LuPone, Sondheim  Apr 26 2024, 11:40:48 PM

Not sure if this has been brought up on these boards, but the EP of Betty Buckley’s Sunset Boulevard recordings is on Apple Music.  God, I wish there was a full cast recording with her on it.

LEMPICKA Previews  Apr 5 2024, 09:28:31 PM

Intermission now.  So far I’m really enjoying this!  The whole cast is so, so talented.  Amber Iman really is stunning, and even though Eden is definitely pitchy, her voice is still thrilling; I thouggt my head would explode when she belted “your heartbeat” at the end of “Woman Is”.  It is a weird show and seems to be a bit all over the place at times, but so far I’m having a great time.  I’ve heard that Act 2 is even bet

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway  Apr 2 2024, 11:04:48 AM

LOL…SeatGeek is now saying that “due to technical difficulties, the presale will now begin April 3rd at 10 am”.  What an absolute joke.

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway  Apr 2 2024, 10:11:34 AM

Tickets are “available” through SeatGeek.  I entered the code that was sent to me, and not a single ticket appears to be available for any performance.  Who botched this?

COLOR PURPLE movie musical currently in development  Dec 25 2023, 05:00:48 PM

Caught a matinee of the movie earlier.  Overall, I thought it was great.  The cast was stellar; Fantasia and Danielle were easily the standouts.  The dinner scene where Celie finally stands up for herself got applause, as did “I’m Here”.  I did miss a few of the cut songs, but I was pleasantly surprised at the overall pacing of the movie.  My biggest gripe is that they removed the middle section of the finale (“There are miracles for you and I&

COLOR PURPLE movie musical currently in development  Dec 15 2023, 12:29:03 AM

The soundtrack is streaming.  Currently in the middle of Push Da Button, Taraji sounds fantastic.  Hell No was great, and even though I miss a bunch of the cut songs, I’m enjoying the sound and feeling of this new soundtrack overall thus far. 

COLOR PURPLE movie musical currently in development  Nov 27 2023, 11:31:54 AM

The soundtrack is out December 15th.  Definitely looking forward to hearing the new renditions of the songs.

Who could replace Josh Groban?  Sep 20 2023, 10:30:56 AM

If only we could get Patti and Mandy.

Dylan Mulvaney/Cabaret  Aug 22 2023, 02:22:49 PM

Does anyone take Dylan seriously?  There is no way Dylan belongs in a serious piece of theatre.  

Lillias White in Hadestown??  Aug 13 2023, 07:23:43 PM

I was there.  Malcolm Armwood was on for Hermes, and I thought he was fantastic.  Eva was stunning as usual;  Flowers was particularly shattering and earned a standing ovation.  I could feel everyone near me bracing themselves for the Wait For Me reprise, and of course it was thrilling.  Reeve gave a nice speech at the end, and Andre, Amber, and Patrick all came on and said lovely things.  Still a beautiful show after the fifth viewing.

Chita on CBS Sunday Morning  Apr 23 2023, 11:51:54 PM

For those interested, Chita will be in conversation with Harvey Fierstein at the Bardavon in Poughkeepsie, NY on Sunday the 30th.  Every ticket comes to just over $50 with fees included, and includes a signed copy of her memoir.  I’ll be there and can’t wait.

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Apr 17 2023, 09:16:46 PM

Up-close set photo of Ariana as Glinda

Phantom Closing?  Apr 14 2023, 04:19:35 PM

I can’t believe we’re entering Phantom’s final weekend on Broadway.  Sure, you can say the show has been tired and dated, and that it’s been a long time coming, but a Broadway without Phantom just doesn’t feel totally right.

Dec 19 2022, 04:26:06 PM

Not sure how “right” for the role she is, but I think the only current Broadway star who could potentially sell lots of tickets in this show would be Idina Menzel.

Patti LuPone gives up equity card  Oct 18 2022, 08:39:58 AM

Patti Further Explains Her Decision

Phantom Closing?  Sep 28 2022, 11:18:32 AM

The show closes Feb 18th, yet tickets aren’t available past January 21st…what’s up with that?

COMPANY To Close On July 31, 2022  Jul 1 2022, 08:18:30 AM

I’ve got a ticket to the closing performance up for sale, right mezz row E.  I paid $112+ with the fees, but I’m just looking for the face value of $99.  Originally I was gonna go alone, but plans changed a few days later and a friend wanted to go, so I bought another pair and have no use for the single ticket.  DM me if you’d like the ticket!

Company  Jun 15 2022, 01:02:05 PM

Is Company still only doing matinees on Wednesdays?  If thats the case, I’m sure Matt will be at Music Man Wednesday evening.

Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO  Jun 2 2022, 12:22:49 AM

The thing about Pam’s performance is that its only enjoyable because she’s Pamela Anderson.  She did bring her personality to it, and she dances much better than expected, but if anyone else was giving that performance, there’s no way they’d be allowed on a Broadway stage, and I say this as someone who overall enjoyed Pam…but can’t quite figure out why or how.  Her casting does make the show feel like an event, maybe that adds to it?  She&rs

Patti LuPone argues with anti-masker at Company talkback  May 11 2022, 12:38:35 PM

Listening to the fuller audio, Patti starts by saying, calmly but firmly enough, “Put your masks over your noses.”  Using the plural “noses” implies that she’s speaking to the group in general and trying to not single the woman out, and she also is well aware that the woman may have a mask on, but is not wearing it properly, negating the effect of the mask.  The woman decides to take it upon herself to retort “where are yours”, and if for so

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You