News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Kingtito132

Member Name: Kingtito132
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Songs added to shows for technical reasons?
 Jul 13 2012, 12:45:18 AM
While I have no idea if it was actually added/written to cover a scene change, the short "Driving at Night" song and sequence from "State Fair" seems like its covering a rather large transition from the farm to the fair grounds.
Rob Marshall Directing Into the Woods Film For Disney
 Jan 10 2012, 09:13:21 PM
Fingers crossed that this will take long enough for Justin Bieber to finish puberty so he can't play Jack.
Photo Coverage: First Photos of LOVE NEVER DIES in London!
 Mar 4 2010, 01:22:06 AM
It almost seems like Ramin isn't wearing any Phantom make up what so ever. Forgive me if I'm making this up, but I recall reading/seeing somewhere Michael Crawford or another Phantom wouldn't wear the elaborate make up for public appearances if the mask didn't come off. Could this be the same thing? They just didn't bother for whatever reason?

Edit: It also seems they have "art nouveau-ed" the mask. Maybe to mesh more with the time period?

If shows had a money back guarantee....
 Feb 26 2010, 09:25:37 PM
"Jekyll and Hyde" with Sebastian Bach. He couldn't hit a note if it was a punching bag! I hate myself for saying this, but I would have taken David Hasselhoff over Bach in a heart beat knowing how bad he was (yes he was that bad!)
Does Choreography Get Copyrighted?
 Jan 20 2010, 03:46:28 PM
Not necessarily pertinent to Chicago, but I know Disney is very strict on how much of their original staging and choreography you use. When I worked on "Beauty and the Best" many of the dance numbers were very similar to and in the style of the original, they did not have exact movements or combinations that were the same as the original. This was done due to the contract that went along with the right to do the show.

Don't quote me word or word on this I believe the contract also s

re: Most Haunting Broadway Melodies?
 Dec 26 2009, 03:11:07 PM
I have to agree with "Wish You Were Somehow Hear Again" From Phantom...Opera.

Also most of "Once On This Island" gets me ever time. Especially "Forever Yours" and its reprise and "Pray". The music for those songs and the Leitmotif style underscoring for Papa Ge is just chilling.

re: Flops that Deserve a Second Chance
 Aug 22 2009, 12:49:53 PM
While I know very little about it's life on Bway (since it was so short lived,) I would love to see a new version of "State Fair"
re: Footloose 10th Anniversary Tour
 Jul 25 2009, 05:47:31 PM
I too saw the production of this at The Broadway Palm Dinner Theatre many years ago. I was one of the better versions of this show I have seen. I am quite a fan of Footloose, saw it on Bway and a truly cringe-worthy tour (not sure of specifics on it). They took a different approach to it at the Broadway Palm, and if they use that staging again it my be a decent night of theatre.
re: Bad Audience Behavior
 Oct 20 2008, 01:30:46 AM
As a performer and theatre lover poor behavior saddens me. And as a 23 year old theatre major who witnesses people of his age and career goals behaving this way saddens me even more. Seeing my age group know nothing about common theatre etiquette makes me think times are changing.

As a course requirement theatre majors are required for a grade to see University shows they are not involved in. They, like people mentioned before, engage in this same behavior, with no regard to what they

re: Fastest quick changes
 May 12 2008, 08:58:34 PM
Ooh I didn't even think of Janet...She has what 4 or 5 in the span of a song and a half.
Fastest quick changes
 May 12 2008, 08:50:49 PM
With the Shortest and Longest on stage time treads, it got me thinking about the fastest quick changes on Broadway.

The few that come to mind for me are:
-Christine’s in POTO during Think of Me
-Adelaide in Guys & Dolls after “Mary the Man” in to the Finale

re: Let's Recreate the Flop Marquee Thread!
 May 9 2008, 11:11:59 AM
It seems like quite a few flops have come out of either the Richard Rogers or Helen Hayes theatres.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You