Footloose 10th Anniversary Tour

Glory Profile Photo
Glory
#1Footloose 10th Anniversary Tour
Posted: 8/18/08 at 12:24pm

http://www.footloosetour.com/

Anybody else know about this? It's coming to a theatre near my school in the winter, so I might have to check it out. The pictures look like it's a high school production or something, but i'm curious.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#2re: Footloose 10th Anniversary Tour
Posted: 8/18/08 at 12:28pm

I dont think it looks like a high school production, it just looks like the naffy US touring production

I really wish you guys could get the UK production which is much tighter with some brilliant choreography

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

songanddanceman2
#2re: Footloose 10th Anniversary Tour
Posted: 8/18/08 at 12:30pm

I also find it strange how some of the US tours stop at a venue for a night, this seems to be doing the same

whats the point?

RuprechtJr.
#3re: Footloose 10th Anniversary Tour
Posted: 8/18/08 at 1:32pm

I applied for the keyboard job a while back and haven't heard anything since. I have a feeling I know what that means. This tour is started by the Prather Entertainment Group, owner of The Dutch Apple Dinner Theatre...quality entertainent. I kid, The Dutch Apple puts on really good shows. I live twenty miles away and have worked there before as a musician. I was hoping that tie to the Prather Group would get me somewhere...guess not.

Dancin Thru Life Profile Photo
Dancin Thru Life
#4re: Footloose 10th Anniversary Tour
Posted: 8/18/08 at 3:00pm

Looks pretty "high school" to me too.

I'd pass on this one.

UGH!

"To love another person is to see the face of God!"

tourboi
#5re: Footloose 10th Anniversary Tour
Posted: 8/18/08 at 8:06pm

Many non-Eq tours play one nighters because they are only booked for the one night, because that's all that particular city can support/sell.

And yes, this is a non-Eq tour produced by the Prather Entertainment Group. Don't know much about them other than they produced the tour of Beehive last year.

Trekkie2
#6re: Footloose 10th Anniversary Tour
Posted: 8/18/08 at 8:32pm

This looks fantasticly awful.

"I think of avant-garde as downtown shows where you rub waffles and chocolate on yourself."- Hunter Bell

newsieboy23 Profile Photo
newsieboy23
#7re: Footloose 10th Anniversary Tour
Posted: 8/18/08 at 9:08pm

While I think it looks better then most HS productions, I find it odd (illegal?) that the commercial is dubbed using the OBC recording.

Interesting.

Trish2
#8re: Footloose 10th Anniversary Tour
Posted: 8/18/08 at 10:16pm

what a sloppy mess !
the movement has nothing to do with the time period-nothing.

legallygreen2
#9re: Footloose 10th Anniversary Tour
Posted: 8/19/08 at 1:54am

I have to admit.... this looks like a hot mess... I'm horrified yet intrigued all at the same time.

strelimyn Profile Photo
strelimyn
#10re: Footloose 10th Anniversary Tour
Posted: 8/19/08 at 2:05am

I have no idea what I think about this production. As other people have said, this tour does have a very high-school look about it. I can't shake the possibility that I'll be disappointed. But I can't help but be intrigued by it.
Whatever. I love the show, so I'm probably going to see it anyway.

sumladfrompa.tumblr.com

legallygreen2
#11re: Footloose 10th Anniversary Tour
Posted: 8/19/08 at 2:36am

"But I can't help but be intrigued by it."

I agree... intrigued is the right word for it. My gut is telling me it'll be a train wreck, but my trashy side that enjoys guilty pleasures secretly wants to see it.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#12re: Footloose 10th Anniversary Tour
Posted: 8/19/08 at 2:41am

My college is doing this show as their musical this year. Interestingly enough my college is located in New London CT. One of the stops on this tour. I don't know when my school is doing their production. But, something rubbed me the wrong way knowing that there is going to be a professional and college productions of the same show not that far apart from one another.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

songanddanceman2
#13re: Footloose 10th Anniversary Tour
Posted: 8/19/08 at 5:27am

I say again they need to take the UK production over there, it was so good (the Novello Run with Derrick Houghe)

born2bebroadway Profile Photo
born2bebroadway
#14re: Footloose 10th Anniversary Tour
Posted: 6/28/09 at 11:42pm

so what did everybody think of it? I LOVED it!

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#15re: Footloose 10th Anniversary Tour
Posted: 6/28/09 at 11:50pm

Who did you play?

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

born2bebroadway
#16re: Footloose 10th Anniversary Tour
Posted: 6/28/09 at 11:57pm

I wasn't in it, but I work for the production company

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#17re: Footloose 10th Anniversary Tour
Posted: 6/28/09 at 11:58pm

It looks a million times better than anything my high school ever did. Are they using the revised script? I've wanted to see a production with the new song for a while.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#18re: Footloose 10th Anniversary Tour
Posted: 6/29/09 at 12:04am

The preview made it look horrendous, but usually you can catch some good rising talent in shows like this.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

born2bebroadway
#19re: Footloose 10th Anniversary Tour
Posted: 6/29/09 at 12:22am

the original promo vid was not actually from this production, it was from a production 6 years ago

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#20re: Footloose 10th Anniversary Tour
Posted: 6/29/09 at 12:27am

In 1998 Broadway came alive?! Thank you, Footlose, for performing CPR on Broadway 10 years ago. You deserve that tour. Yeah.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#21re: Footloose 10th Anniversary Tour
Posted: 6/29/09 at 12:30am

the original promo vid was not actually from this production, it was from a production 6 years ago

Which high school?

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

born2bebroadway
#22re: Footloose 10th Anniversary Tour
Posted: 6/29/09 at 12:37am

It was at one of three theaters Broadway Palm Dinner Theater in Ft Myers, Fl, Dutch Apple Dinner Theater in Lamcaster, Pa, or Broadway Palm West Dinner Theater in Mesa, Az. I saw that production in fl and it was pretty good too

broadwayfreak2 Profile Photo
broadwayfreak2
#23re: Footloose 10th Anniversary Tour
Posted: 7/25/09 at 2:32am

I'm playing Willard in my local community theater's production. Mama Says is really feeling great!

Kingtito132
#24re: Footloose 10th Anniversary Tour
Posted: 7/25/09 at 5:47pm

I too saw the production of this at The Broadway Palm Dinner Theatre many years ago. I was one of the better versions of this show I have seen. I am quite a fan of Footloose, saw it on Bway and a truly cringe-worthy tour (not sure of specifics on it). They took a different approach to it at the Broadway Palm, and if they use that staging again it my be a decent night of theatre.

Videos