News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ren598

Member Name: ren598
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Tom Holland Will Star in ROMEO & JULIET in London's West End  Feb 13 2024, 11:18:37 AM

Jordan Catalano said: "Comparing to Broadway prices, it wasn’t bad. Front dress circle for £125 and if this were on Broadway there’s no way a front mezz seat would be less than $250"

Agree.  Row A in the Stalls (which may or may not be the front row) was £95.00.  There's no way you can get seats in the front orchestra on Broadway for less than $200.  Plus they only charged £3.95 in fees.  A bargain

Tom Holland Will Star in ROMEO & JULIET in London's West End  Feb 13 2024, 11:04:51 AM

I'm in the States so I set my alarm for 2:50 AM to wake up so I can get a ticket.  I registered for the pre-sale access and got in queue with 1500 people ahead of me.  When it got to my turn (maybe a 15 minute wait), I was able to snag a ticket in the stalls for the final performance on 8/3.  I'm glad I got a ticket.  I wasn't planning on a trip to London in August, but now I'll have to plan at least a weekend trip for this show.

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd’  Feb 9 2024, 02:48:13 PM

uncageg said: "ren598 said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Oh nice! Hopefully that’s the art for new Windowcards."

And magnets.
"

Did they put Ashford and Groban's pics on the magnets? I got one at the 2nd preview and it is white with the title as it appears on the Playbill.

"

Yes, they had another magnet later in the run with Josh and Annaleigh on it.  Similar to the updated wi

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd’  Feb 7 2024, 10:48:57 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Oh nice! Hopefully that’s the art for new Windowcards."

And magnets.

HERE LIES LOVE closing November 26  Nov 13 2023, 03:34:21 PM

Wick3 said: "Just catching up on here. I’m quite sad it’s closing. Hopefully there will be a cast album?"

Unlikely, most of this cast is already on the Original 2013 Public Theater Cast Recording including Jose Llana and Conrad Ricomora.  .

HERE LIES LOVE closing November 26  Nov 7 2023, 01:13:52 PM

quizking101 said: "I knew about this about two hours ago and wasn’t able to buy tickets online. Once I was able to get through, they jacked up all the prices on the floor at least $65.

I’m so mad.
"

I've seen the show twice.  Both times in the mezzanine.  When I heard they were closing, I felt bad for them and wanted to see if I can get tickets to see the show one more time from the floor before it closed.  And then I saw the

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd’  Oct 31 2023, 01:36:43 PM

I saw Josh and Analeigh once when they were still in previews.  I wasn't planning on going back, but now this casting of Aaron and Sutton has me intrigued.  I've always been a fan of both, and I'd be interested to see what they do with these roles.  Neither have played anything remotely like these characters.  I may even splurge for some better seats this time around.

CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024  Oct 25 2023, 03:53:49 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "What code are people using that works, for the Amex presale?"

It says to use 'AMEXKKC' on the Seat Geek site.

CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024  Oct 25 2023, 03:31:43 PM

HBP said: "$699 - 789 for table seating in April...per seat. I'd rather fly to London."

Broadway prices are ridiculous.  I saw Cabaret 4 times in the West End with 4 different Emcee/Sally combo including Eddie and Jessie and the latest duo of Jake Shears and Rebecca Lucy Taylor and I don't think I paid more than 100 GBP for tickets in the lower level orchestra.  London is definitely the way to go to get more entertainment for your bucks. 

Sorkin and Sher to revive CAMELOT for Broadway  Apr 2 2023, 12:44:51 PM

Damiensta said: "The pictures don’t do the stage justice. Yes, it’s bare minimum but the way lighting , shadows and projections are used makes it feel gorgeous.
I have never heard or seen previous productions before. The leading trio are great. If this year wasn’t so competitive, I would say Burnap had the Tony in the bag.

Surprised about comment on Soo here. I thought she was perfect in Into The Woods and she was even better here .
very good ni

Sorkin and Sher to revive CAMELOT for Broadway  Mar 30 2023, 06:32:50 PM

JasonC3 said: "https://www.broadwaybox.com/shows/camelot/

CAMBB23

Tickets just $89 - $119

Valid for performances now - June 25, 2023
"

You use the code at the box office and save on $16.50 service charge per ticket.

Sorkin and Sher to revive CAMELOT for Broadway  Mar 10 2023, 12:29:27 PM

Agree with everyone that said it was too long.  Drove down from Boston to see the first preview and it was totally worth it.  Wasn't expecting to have to drive back after 11 PM.  I haven't seen any other productions of Camelot besides the one-night benefit concert back in 2019 with Lin-Manuel Miranda, but I thought the 3 leads were phenomenal.  I think I'm going to see this one more time to see what changes they make after previews.

Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW  Nov 23 2022, 01:28:09 PM

Seeing so many tickets being snagged at the last minutes gives us all hope.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure this trend will continue after the holiday weekend.  

BCEFA Fall Red Bucket Fundraising  Nov 21 2022, 05:20:29 PM

I was at Funny Girl on Sunday.  They had signed playbills for $175 and signed posters for $300.

42nd Street at Goodspeed  Oct 10 2022, 05:13:42 PM

I drove down from Boston to check this out (evening show) along with Fun Home (matinee show) at the TheaterWorks Hartford with Aaron Lazar and Christiane Noll.  I'm glad I did as both productions were phenomenal.  This show in particular was probably the best thing I've seen at Goodspeed.  Considering the small stage, I think they did a great job of making this work.  And the cast was just amazing led by Kate Baldwin and Max von Essen.  Y

Merrily tickets  Oct 3 2022, 02:29:03 PM

I got in at 12:00 pm and was in queue at around the 700 range.  I got in within 5 minutes and I went to my preferred date 1/15, but it was already sold out.  I clicked on the next performance button, which was 1/17 and there was 1 ticket left in the last row.  I grabbed it.  I guess I'll be taking a day off on 1/17 to drive down from Boston to see this show.  After completing the purchase, I scrolled thru all the other dates and everything was sold out.  Look

Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?  Sep 6 2022, 12:13:49 PM

TaffyDavenport said: "ren598 said: "I went ahead and got a $79.00 ticket for the first preview performance on 2/26/2023. $92.95 including fees. Not bad for aisle seat row G in the mezzanine. If this is as good as I think it will be, I'll probably be back later on in the run via lottery or something else."

Honestly, those side aisles in the rear mezzanine (seats 1 and 2) have a better view than anything in the center sections back there.

Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?  Sep 6 2022, 10:38:29 AM

I went ahead and got a $79.00 ticket for the first preview performance on 2/26/2023.  $92.95 including fees.  Not bad for aisle seat row G in the mezzanine.  If this is as good as I think it will be, I'll probably be back later on in the run via lottery or something else.

Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW  Aug 25 2022, 07:05:14 PM

BCfitasafiddle said: "Decided to just get a membership. Merrily ticket secured! Can't wait.

Looking forward to the other shows of the season too.
"

Now I wish I had done the same.   Looks like the only membership available is $1750.  All the cheaper memberships are sold out.  I’m kind of surprised that they had a cap on memberships.  I would think they would want to have as many members as possible.

Brian D’Arcy James - Into The Woods  Jul 11 2022, 09:17:01 PM

BillyComet said: "I can’t find anything online and no ticket company has reached out to me like they usually do when an above the title performer will be out. Just curious if anyone might know. I have tickets for tomorrow night and was wondering if maybe I switched to Wednesday, Brian might POSSIBLY be back. Has it even been confirmed as COVID?"

Unless you absolutely have to see Brian D’Arcy James in this, I wouldn’t change a thing.  I too was

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You