News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for itis2l84u

itis2l84u Profile Photo
Member Name: itis2l84u
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

London Theater - Transfers  Dec 18 2017, 05:30:19 PM

I'm really hoping Everybody's Talking About Jamie makes it to the US somehow. I got to see them perform at West End Live and it was fantastic. However, I'm not sure how well it would do over here

Mean Girls @ The National in DC - Reactions  Nov 29 2017, 03:45:08 PM

I entered multiple times through today tix and once in person with no luck but it never hurts to try in my opinion. There is also a cancellation line that you could get in as well

2017 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Performances  Nov 23 2017, 09:47:17 PM

You can watch CFA and Waitress here. They're both around the -24:00 mark. I found Jason Mraz really underwhelming...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVSxkDBr6ow

Mean Girls Musical: Washington DC Fall 2017  Aug 16 2017, 05:52:41 PM

There is a ticket lottery before each show. I did it for the Fun Home tour and I believe there were 20 tickets available and then I can't remember how many lottery loser tickets there were. I ended up getting the lottery loser tickets. They were $35 dollars, orchestra row L seat 111. You also get to choose your seats from what they have available. It's a pretty good option if you can go on an off day.

Here is their ticket lottery page

Unpopular Opinions  Aug 14 2017, 09:15:36 PM

The 2017/2018 season looks like crap. I've never been less excited for a season in my life...

bway confessions  May 21 2017, 10:09:12 PM

These types of accounts used to be really popular on tumblr. They always managed to turn nasty. I'm not a fan of confession account anywhere. In general I just find them kinda dumb.

CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Previews  Mar 30 2017, 09:55:31 AM

GreasedLightning said: "A quick Google search provided two pieces of information that I found interesting and worth sharing: 

1. Mendes is a producer of the Broadway production, which seems strange. 

2. West End previews were delayed 5 days due to an "unforeseen missing piece of set that was not delivered on time by the contractor," which also seems strange. 

"

There is actually a program that showed basically the process of creating Charlie for the West End. It explains what your second point is. I watched it a long time ago but from what I remember the glass elevator just was not working properly. It's a really interesting special if you want to watch it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpqjD_XXj00

CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Previews  Mar 26 2017, 10:57:38 AM

I'm not going myself but I'm very curious to hear what changes have been made to the show and what people think of adults playing the all the kids except Charlie. If anyone goes please post on here about it!

Covers of the 2016-2017 Season  Mar 10 2017, 06:49:15 PM

The new Beautiful cover is anything but beautiful. They have had such fantastic playbill covers since day one. I hope this isn't permanent but, I can't see why they'd change the cover for a few weeks until they could use something of Abby on it.

COME FROM AWAY Album First Listen!  Mar 5 2017, 06:09:04 PM

sgreen3 said: "For those who have seen the show --- do you recommend listening to the album ahead of going, if I'm definitely planning to go in the near future? Or am I better off going into the show cold?

"

I think it'll be more powerful if the first time you hear the whole score is when you see the show.

How important is it to you to see a show with its original cast?  Mar 4 2017, 10:24:22 AM

Seeing the original cast is really not important to me at all. When I'm in New York I pick the shows I see based on how interested I am in them. I actually really love seeing multiple people play the same role and see how they interpret the role. I've seen two different Medium and Small Alisons as well as fourteen different Matildas. I love seeing what different people bring to my favorite shows.

The only exception to this is if Jessie Mueller is in the original cast then I'

2017-2018 Touring Season  Mar 1 2017, 09:56:50 AM

When do the theatres in DC usually announce? I can't find when they'll be announcing anywhere on the Kennedy Center and National Theatre sites.

re: Best Closing Number to Broadway Musical  Feb 10 2017, 03:35:31 PM

My favorites have to be Revolting Children from Matilda since its so fun and everyone is always so in awe of those kids up on stage giving it 200%. I personally consider that the closing number since When I Grow Up/Naughty Reprise is technically the curtain call. I also love Flying Away from Fun Home. It's so beautiful and makes me and most of the audience sob. Then I love You Can't Stop the Beat from Hairspray and then Find My Way/Finale from Legally Blonde. Both are just really upbe

Waitress Tickets Through Audience Rewards and Views at the Theatre  Feb 2 2017, 11:00:23 AM

Has anyone gotten tickets to Waitress through audience rewards? I know the tickets are located in the orchestra but I was wondering where in the orchestra they may be and how the view is from that part of the orchestra. It's almost the same amount of money to get them through audience rewards or broadway box but the latter I'd be sitting in the mezz . So how does the view compare from the back orchestra and the mid mezz or side mezz? 

Hamiltour Rehearsal  Jan 17 2017, 09:09:13 PM

The name doesn't necessarily mean anything the Matilda tour is called the acrobat tour and there is only one Matilda tour.

THE SECRET GARDEN to return to Broadway  Jan 7 2017, 06:21:37 PM

CATSNYrevival said: "Is the India prologue the same?

"

I believe so. I've only ever seen the D.C. Production and then a really bad version of the original version that I try to block from memory.

THE SECRET GARDEN to return to Broadway  Jan 7 2017, 02:23:24 PM

CATSNYrevival said: "How does the second act begin now that "The Girl I Mean to Be" is in act one? Are they still using the same overture and entr'acte? Both were left off the Broadway cast album which I've always found puzzling. I would have prefered the overture at least to be included in favor of some of those dialogue tracks.

"

Act two starts with the song "Wick"  the song list is

A

So Long Matilda  Jan 1 2017, 09:45:07 PM

Curtain call from today: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsgqka6cMP0

So Long Matilda  Jan 1 2017, 07:07:55 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "Does anyone know if they had a special curtain call? Or if any former maggots and creatives attended? 

"

They had a speech after the normal curtain call by an associate director. The kids all got flowers too.

So Long Matilda  Dec 27 2016, 10:16:22 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "5377brian said: "So the tour is starting back up here in Costa Mesa in January, and I am wondering (hoping) some of the Broadway cast might join the tour for a while?  I would love to see Lesli Margherita in it, she was divine in Hunchback last summer...

"

I wonder if they are dumping the entire Toronto cast. It would make sense to continue on without the children, but maybe they'll keep the adults.

"

They announced some of the tour cast already almost a week ago.

"Direct from Toronto, the three girls sharing the title role are Hannah Levinson, Jaime MacLean, and Jenna Weir. The principal cast also features Paula Brancati (Miss Honey), Dan Chameroy (Miss Trunchbull), Keisha T. Fraser (Mrs. Phelps), Brandon McGibbon (Mr. Wormwood), and Darcy Stewart (Mrs. Wormwood). Full casting will be announced at a later date." X

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You