News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for pab

pab Profile Photo
Member Name: pab
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: I am presently the Artist and Resident Director of a theatre company. I've directed approximately sixty plays/musicals which have been performed in New York; San Francisco; Michigan; Edinburgh, Scotland; Barbados; Victoria, B.C. Canada, Trinidad & Tobago and in Nassau & Freeport, Bahamas. I also produce, direct and edit programs for television and I taught IB Theatre Arts, in Canada, for three years. I attended The National Theatre Institute at the Eugene O'Neill Theater Center and I graduated from the American Academy of Dramatic Arts.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Temperature is Rising  Dec 22 2008, 09:36:49 AM
"Almost a week after Jeremy Piven abruptly pulled out of Broadway's "Speed the Plow" citing a high mercury count, the story continues to develop.

Piven's theatrical castmates Raul Esparza and Elizabeth Moss have now joined playwright David Mamet in making fun of the "Entourage" actor and implied they are happy he is gone.

Fox News had a spy at Sunday's matinee and reports:
Sources say that when the matinee was finished yesterday, Esparza suddenly addressed the audience... <

priven's run killed by mrs. paul  Dec 18 2008, 09:23:01 AM
"Jeremy Piven will abruptly end his run in Broadway’s “Speed-the-Plow,” after missing Tuesday evening’s performance and a Wednesday matinee.
Piven has informed the producers that he hasn’t been feeling well and that the condition is attributable to a high mercury count.

The show’s producers weren’t returning calls, but Daily Variety reached out to David Mamet, who wrote the showbiz satire and seemed skeptical of the reasons for Piven’s departure.

“I talked to Jeremy on the

re: Piven out of SPEED-THE-PLOW indefinitely?  Dec 18 2008, 09:02:22 AM
"A publicist for Jeremy Piven has confirmed that the actor has left “Speed-the-Plow.” In an email message, she writes: “Jeremy has not been feeling well and though he’d like to continue his role in ‘Speed-the-Plow,’ his doctors have advised him that he should end his run immediately.” The publicist referred any questions regarding Mr. Piven’s condition to his doctor.

Jeremy Piven has left the Broadway revival of David Mamet’s comedy “Speed-the-Plow,” the Web site of Variety reported on

re: Broadway Degrees of Separation  Nov 25 2008, 05:45:21 PM
Peter Friedman was in 12 Angry Men with Boyd Gaines
re: Broadway Degrees of Separation  Nov 24 2008, 01:25:10 PM
Jim Corti was in Music Is with Christopher Hewett
re: shows that have ACTUALLY changed the face of broadway  Nov 24 2008, 12:53:40 AM
""The Phantom of the Opera/Cats/Les Miserables (ushered in the synth-rock opera era, also noteworthy for concentrating on the show itself and not about who was in the cast, started the advertising movement where the logo was most important)" "

Would you agree that the show that possibly pioneered that era was Jesus Christ Superstar?

re: shows that have ACTUALLY changed the face of broadway  Nov 23 2008, 11:45:31 PM
This one may seem strange to most people but:

Jacques Brel Is Alive and Well and Living in Paris

It was one of the first Jukebox musicals and as we know, many more were to come after that one.

re: shows that have ACTUALLY changed the face of broadway  Nov 23 2008, 11:39:35 PM
Hair for one generation and Rent for another.

A Chorus Line - One of the first shows that truly required practically all of its cast members to be triple threats.

re: Thanks to Mel Brooks  Nov 23 2008, 11:33:31 PM
"With it's achievements, it opened many purse strings that made subsequent productions (including Wicked) possible."

You do understand that the workshop for Wicked happened in the same year that The Producers opened. If The Producers never happened it would not have stopped Wicked from taking place. I enjoyed The Producers but the credit given to it, IMO, is a bit overstated.

re: Thanks to Mel Brooks  Nov 23 2008, 11:19:47 PM
So far Hairspray has had just under 100 more performances than The Producers and they have the rest of November and the month of December to go before they close.
re: Cellphones in the Theater  Nov 23 2008, 11:05:33 PM
"It is, indeed, illegal in New York, and it has been for almost six years"

If that is the case then it is a law that is never enforced. If it were, the ushers would confiscate cell phones at the door and return them after the performance and there would not be an announcement asking people to turn them off or to set them on vibrate before the show.

I don't understand why people who are asked this at the beginning of practically every show to can't seem to just follow those simp

re: Broadway Degrees of Separation  Nov 23 2008, 10:37:29 PM
Lenny Wolpe was in Into The Light with Dean Jones
re: Shubert Theatre- Mezzanine or Orchestra?  Nov 23 2008, 06:50:47 PM
scaryclowns223, there is absolutely no question the Mezzanine is a better choice.
re: Neil Simon and A Chorus Line  Nov 23 2008, 06:32:49 PM
theaterdude87, If you look at the edit time, the "then" was added after my post. It's not a big deal and was not trying to take Yankeefan007 to task for actually knowing the information.
re: Young Frankenstein to close Jan. 4th  Nov 23 2008, 06:20:54 PM
Oy!
re: Young Frankenstein to close Jan. 4th  Nov 23 2008, 06:08:59 PM
Okay then I'll start, even with Mullullay, Foster, and Martin I thought it was doomed.
re: Neil Simon and A Chorus Line  Nov 23 2008, 06:04:29 PM
Uh, ex wife, they divorced in 1984.
re: BWW at the palm of your hand!  Nov 23 2008, 05:12:22 PM
Any app can do that if you use it too often.
re: BWW at the palm of your hand!  Nov 23 2008, 04:55:25 PM
Dangerous how?
re: BWW at the palm of your hand!  Nov 23 2008, 04:50:05 PM
Midomi is also cool. You can hum or sing a song for about ten seconds and it will do the same thing. I have them both and both are free.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You