News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for iWannaBEaSedaris

iWannaBEaSedaris Profile Photo
Member Name: iWannaBEaSedaris
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Welch’s GATSBY to premiere in 2024  Mar 13 2024, 12:43:49 PM

This show is slated for the St James. 

HOW TO DANCE IN OHIO Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  Jan 27 2024, 11:37:24 AM

Waitress is a Dramaturgical Wreck  Sep 26 2018, 04:43:22 PM

OKBroadwayFan said: "Healthcare professional here...

"We know that Jenna gives birth in a hospital. Old Joe says, “I bought you this card in the gift shop downstairs”. If Jenna is in a hospital, why is Norma, a private practice OB GYN nurse helping with the delivery at the hospital? It would be highly irregular to find a private practice nurse in a hospital setting. It’s a logical incongruity."

Actually in a small town, the n

Waitress is a Dramaturgical Wreck  Sep 26 2018, 03:16:44 PM
1. Jenna is fundamentally a liar.
When in the bathroom during her morning sickness episode early in act one, her friend Dawn questions “I thought you don’t sleep with your husband” to which she responds, “He got me drunk, I do stupid things when I drink”.
Later in her appointment with her gynecologist, so unsure is she about ‘when’ the pregnancy began that she asks “How pregnant am I?”
This means one of two things: Jenna enjoys sexual congress with her husband regularly and lies abou

Waitress on Tour  Mar 7 2018, 11:28:19 AM

"With Networks managing the tour, I wouldn't get my hopes up for many recognizable names in the cast."

I don't know what company is managing it, but it isn't Networks, itwould be listed on their site by now and it's not.
"

https://www.ibdb.com/tour-production/waitress--514071

Production Manager:NETworks Presentations, LLCandJason Juenker
"

NETworks was engaged strictly to hire the crew for the production, as NAMCO, the tour’s management company has very little expertise and experience successfully running tours. NETworks was essentially a contractor. NAMCO’s management style continuously pushes rules to their boundaries if not breaks them all together. Employees of Waitress on Tour as well as the low tier Equity tour of Chicago are apparently growing very tired of Alicia Parker’s disrespect for general decency, as well as the Weissler/Herrick mismanagement of funds and their productions according to closed Facebook Actors Equity Groups.

The Most Thankless Roles in Musical Theatre  Feb 12 2018, 08:38:24 AM

KathyNYC2 said: "iWannaBEaSedaris said: "Earl in Waitress The Musical
When done well, the guy literally gets booed off the stage at bows.
"

I've never heard anyone boo at bows for Earl. They cheer when Jenna decides to leave him. But he gets regular applause at curtain call like any actor.

I'mnot sure why you think that if the actor does well, he'll be booed at curtain call. Obviouslyhe's an actor who did a good job.
"

The Earl on tour gets booed nightly, he even talks about it on Twitter. 

https://www.broadwayworld.com/baltimore/article/BWW-Review-WAITRESS-at-The-Hippodrome-is-Two-Parts-Love-Story-and-One-Part-Comedy-with-a-Dash-of-Heart-Sprinkled-Throughout-20180131

https://twitter.com/nicholousbailey/status/961390381790310400

The Most Thankless Roles in Musical Theatre  Feb 11 2018, 08:03:23 PM

Earl in Waitress The Musical
When done well, the guy literally gets booed off the stage at bows.

Sara in Waitress closing?  Dec 8 2017, 02:45:18 PM

Tking0012 said: "Does anyone else think that Waitress will close when Sara leaves?

It seems to me like anytime they take a dip in grosses they bring her in to boost sales. I don't think they can keep calling her in forever.

How long do we think Waitress has left post Sara(if at all)?
"

The show has very healthy financials. Sara is doing the show because she actually wants to, and will do it in LA for the same reason. 

The show, wh

Hamilton second tour cast?  Nov 3 2017, 12:45:39 PM
Austin Scott

Waitress on Tour  Oct 19 2017, 09:55:04 AM

The platform is automated.

Looking for a Platonic Love Song  Jul 20 2017, 01:43:25 AM

This is a joke but still: I found it funny. 

Former Fat Kids Society- Purely Platonic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFkKzkMyMTw

Riedel on ROBIN HOOD Musical Possibly Coming to Broadway  Jul 20 2017, 01:23:15 AM

There are 3 guitars used in the opening number. Outside of that only the traditional troubadour character of Alan A'Dale plays his own instrument,  and in one other instance is a Lady in waiting accompanying a dance jig in Act 2. The show is backed by a 5 piece band. Not staged John Doyle or 'Once' style. 

NY Pops Gala '17 Honoring Kelli O'Hara and Bartlett Sher  May 3 2017, 11:30:04 AM

Magic Mike workshop  Apr 17 2015, 06:45:44 PM

It isn't a workshop.

Just a reading of the first act, no director attached.

Very much 1st draft, for the producer's benefit only, even so, what is there is very entertaining and smart.

American Psycho to start previews February 2016 at a TBA Shubert Theater  Feb 9 2015, 09:33:21 AM
Vintage Snarker:

Perhaps if you haven't read the book, seen the London production, or even seen the movie, could it be that your browsing of a Wikipedia article doesn't really give you sense of anything about the property?
The, as you put it, fantasy/reality element is the question of the whole property, not a device or convention. Whether Bateman killed hundreds doesn't matter, the final moments of the book, movie, show turn the mirror on the audience/reader to decide if it affects

Fish in the Dark Previews  Feb 3 2015, 09:37:39 AM
I attended last night, and kept on wondering where Jerry and Elaine were. It's an overblown Seinfeld throwback with zero heart that would be hilarious if it were 40 minutes in a madcap start to finish, but as is, it's a meandering mess.
But what does it matter, it's already presold more than any other play.

American Psycho to start previews February 2016 at a TBA Shubert Theater  Feb 3 2015, 09:33:10 AM
The answer to why 2016 is very simple guys.
Rupert Goold is booked until late 2015.
Kind of hard to rehearse the show without it's director.

Full cast for American Psycho lab announced  Jan 18 2015, 10:17:23 PM

Zosia Mamet joining American Psycho  Dec 23 2014, 11:42:13 AM

The Best Thing You'll Read Today  Nov 12 2014, 03:03:12 PM
Found while looking at Playbill Jobs:
Link: http://m.playbill.com/jobs/job_detail/6-time-tony-emmy-nominated-actor-seeks-part-time-assistant-334620

Who is it?
Kelly?

Text of post below.

Category: Administrative

Paid: yes

Description:
Six-time Tony and Emmy nominated actor seeks highly organized, intelligent, educated, motivated, hard-working, high-energy, experienced, part-time assistant. Corporate experience welcome. Job is exciting and varied.

Assistant must:
-- speak and write grammatically correct English at a "first language" level
-- be highly computer/MS Office/iPod/iPad/iPhone/internet/social media fluent
-- be able to take dictation and type accurately; she must type at least 60 wpm (and be an excellent speller without relying on “spell check”)
-- have a valid United States driver’s license and be ready to drive
-- be comfortable driving and parking in Manhattan and environs
-- be comfortable with (and have 20+ hrs./week availability for) a highly flexible schedule: her work hours may be in the morning, through the day, and late at night on both weekdays and weekends, in locations both inside and outside Manhattan. The work week can, and does, vary.
-- be comfortable with party planning for both small in-home parties and planning and overseeing infrequent events with 100+ guests
-- maintain a professional demeanor and appearance
-- independently complete detail-oriented work tasks calmly and quickly with precision accuracy, in a variety of high-pressure, time-sensitive situations; i.e. weddings, opening nights, dinner parties

During the run of any theatre/film/personal appearance project, Assistant will:
-- prepare actor for each engagement
-- settle her in her dressing room or apartment
-- accompany actor to the theatre/set
-- pack up actor’s belongings at the end of the engagement

Other duties:
-- running lines with actor for upcoming Broadway, film, TV, and concert/personal appearance projects
-- running errands (shopping, drop-offs and pick-ups, pumping gas)
-- food shopping, cooking/meal preparation, table service, and kitchen/apartment cleanup before and after parties
-- simple cleaning and organizing
-- wardrobe prep and maintenance: light sewing, steaming and ironing, packing for trips, maintaining organized closets
-- dealing with correspondence, mail, bills, email, phone messages
-- merchandise sales (CDs, DVDs etc.)
-- gift wrapping and presentation (often for a large group)

Immediate start
$20 hr. starting salary/plus lunch
Job is 20-40 hours/wk. and will require some travel. Please note on your submission if you also have your own car (a plus).
Confidentiality agreement signed from first day of work.
Typing and grammar tests will be administered prior to personal interview.

Email cover letter and resume no later than Thursday, November 6 at 6:00 pm EST.

Response Method(s):
By Email: anon-545802f78c7b1@anon.playbill.com

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You