Sara in Waitress closing?

Tking0012
#1Sara in Waitress closing?
Posted: 12/7/17 at 12:22am

Does anyone else think that Waitress will close when Sara leaves? 

It seems to me like anytime they take a dip in grosses they bring her in to boost sales. I don't think they can keep calling her in forever. 

How long do we think Waitress has left post Sara(if at all)?

KathyNYC2
#2Sara in Waitress closing?
Posted: 12/7/17 at 12:31am

Tking0012 said: "Does anyone else think that Waitress will close when Sara leaves?

It seems to me like anytime they take a dip in grosses they bring her in to boost sales. I don't think they can keep calling her in forever.

"

No, they can bring in someone else, a long time. 

Willie4316
#3Sara in Waitress closing?
Posted: 12/7/17 at 12:34am

Waitress I don’t think will close too soon since it has recouped. It’s also a smaller Broadway house so I can’t imagine running costs are too high.

Daddy Warbucks Profile Photo
Daddy Warbucks
#4Sara in Waitress closing?
Posted: 12/7/17 at 8:57am

Sara is coming in during the slow part of the season, the time when a show like this has the potential of slowing down below operating costs. It’s the type of stunt casting that helps a show run for a long time (see for example Chicago which has been running forever and is not coincidentally also produced by the Weislers)). It’ll provide enough boost to get the show into summer where sales will increase from seasonal traffic. I don’t think Waitress will be in danger zone for quite a while. Once it falls below 50% gross capacity for a full month, then we should start asking these questions. Right now it’s red hot sitting above 100% gross capacity.

iWannaBEaSedaris Profile Photo
iWannaBEaSedaris
#5Sara in Waitress closing?
Posted: 12/8/17 at 2:45pm

Tking0012 said: "Does anyone else think that Waitress will close when Sara leaves?

"

The show has very healthy financials. Sara is doing the show because she actually wants to, and will do it in LA for the same reason. 

The show, while not making as much as say Hamilton, is making quite a bit of cash. Band of 6, small cast, solid fan base, probably has another year in it minimum.

Liza's Headband
#6Sara in Waitress closing?
Posted: 12/8/17 at 4:05pm

Its weekly nut hovers at around $575k. Haven't they only had one or two weeks below that amount??? They're doing just fine... 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#7Sara in Waitress closing?
Posted: 12/8/17 at 4:49pm

Tking0012 said: "Does anyone else think that Waitress will close when Sara leaves?"

No.