News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Kris Elliott

Member Name: Kris Elliott
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Chicago folks: Can I recommend  Jun 16 2008, 08:41:44 PM
Thanks for that link, Millie. I'm glad to know I can get "expert" feedback on the shows passing through Chicago. :)

I just posted a thread announcing Spring Awakening coming to BIC in August 2009. It's only a 1 week stop for the national tour, but I'm thrilled!

re: XANADU TONY Performance: Why?  Jun 16 2008, 08:15:57 PM
The musical performance for Xanadu did nothing to entice me to want to see it...E.V.E.R. On the contrary, it thoroughly turned me off of even considering it. I wouldn't even accept free tickets to it.

I remember refusing to watch it when it came out as a movie back in the day with Olivia Newton-John, and giving it a B-Way treatment has not changed my mind.

re: rOcKS checks up on 'SPRING AWAKENING'  Jun 14 2008, 02:28:42 PM
Adamgreer, you stated Alexandra's performance better than I did, and I 100% agree with you. I would have loved to see her opposite JG. She's good with Kyle, and can only imagine how she'd be with JG.
re: rOcKS checks up on 'SPRING AWAKENING'  Jun 14 2008, 02:02:11 PM
Why is it unpopular to like the show? I'm a new poster and have started to sense (just a little) the animosity toward the show (and fans who post). Is it because it produces raving fangirls/boys? LOL! I would imagine Wicked fans get this same feedback.

Thanks for the review. I saw the show twice last week, with Kyle and Alexandra both times. I couldn't compare Kyle to JG, since I'd not seen the show prior to this, but I found Kyle's performance very good. I had no expectations a

rehearsals begin in July  Jun 12 2008, 11:53:29 PM
I would expect cast members to stay put in venues that aren't changing. Jon, Lea, et all could have a home and friends nearby so staying for a year or more is not surprising or unusual.

Road shows are another matter altogether. With a few exceptions, they are changing cities weekly, living out of suitcases. As a business traveler, I can barely handle doing that one week a month.

re: Spring Awakening Movie?  Jun 12 2008, 11:46:18 PM
A movie based on the Wedekind play makes sense. It's got a darkness to it that would make an awesome indie movie. SA fans should be prepared for that. In the play, Melchior does rape Wendla, while the musical shies away from it. I'll bet the movie "goes there."

A movie on the musical Spring Awakening would not be good, for all of the reasons posted here.

rehearsals begin in July  Jun 12 2008, 11:39:42 PM
"When I saw the show at the end of May I spoke with Kyle afterwards. I told him I was from CA and that i was so exicted to see the tour in Aug. He told me that he would see me there and I asked how and he told me that he would be part of the national tour. I can not wait! I hope Blake tours as well."

KMalvarado, thanks for sharing that. My sister has already sent in the group seating request for the L.A. show on Nov. 9th, so now I can relax and know Kyle will be there.

re: Blake Bashoff Stagedoor video  Jun 12 2008, 11:32:25 PM
I watched this the other day. While I understand the obsession the show evokes (I'm currently mired in it but limit myself to online stuff), the actions of the girl are a little creepy. It's nothing new, though. Has anyone ever seen the rabid fans hanging out at the studios where soap operas...excuse me...daytime dramas...are made? If an actor from a popular show is accessible, you will find fans there doing all manner of inappropriate things when the stars come out. Soap fans are the worst.

Stage door doesn't have a filter like fan mail offers, to weed out the cheesy/creepy gifts and cards. I guess if the actors were really worried or bothered, they could ask for more security, or slip out another way.

As a side note, has anyone seen Kyle Riabko's video plea to meet "his Princess" Amanda Bynes? LOL! See...fan obsession can swing both ways.

re: SA 13 year old question?  Jun 11 2008, 11:16:24 PM
It depends on the kid.

My sister and I took my 10 yr. old niece (completely by accident--bad mom and bad aunt didn't bother to learn about the parental advisories. *blush*). She absolutely loved it and we talked about it after the show to see if she had questions about what she saw. She was so non-plussed by it I was actually a little worried about what she's actually seeing in her school that has made her this way. XD

Thirteen is a good age if the kid is fairly worldly, bu

re: Spring Awakening - Get Digital?  Jun 11 2008, 11:10:08 PM
I got it and interpreted it as a request to go to the SA website on Sunday before the Tony's. Otherwise, it makes absolutely no sense.

re: First show you saw alone..  Jun 11 2008, 01:33:35 PM
Sweet Charity with Christina Applegate. Best thing I did in NY that week. LOL!
re: What Musical Theatre Song Is Your Top Played on iTunes?  Jun 9 2008, 09:04:48 PM
My IPod is burning up from my constant playing of The Bitch of Living and Totally F*cked (and pretty much all songs) from Spring Awakening.

After that, it's Out Here On My Own from Les Mis.

rehearsals begin in July  Jun 9 2008, 08:59:21 PM
Oh, the cast will have my total sympathy. Maybe we should bring them scarfs and hats instead of flowers on opening night.

Sorry about the LA date mixup. It's not 3 months, it's more like 1.5 months. It's interesting to me that they are going to so many small towns, kind of rural towns, for such a bold play with very mature themes. Hopefully people will open their minds to the message and the music.

rehearsals begin in July  Jun 9 2008, 08:44:25 PM
SA will be in Los Angeles for about 6-7 weeks before heading to the frozen tundra...er...midwest, in January/February. I've already told my son who saw it with me last week that we're going to Lansing...and probably St. Louis. Definitely to Louisville, KY in June (but only if Kyle and Blake are still with the show). I AM a total FanGirl. LOL! And proud of it.

**editing to fix the L.A. dates (sorry! :P )

re: Stage Door Locations for . . .  Jun 9 2008, 08:33:04 PM
I've stayed after many shows to greet the performers and get autographs and pictures. The stage door exits are often close by the main doors for the theaters. For the shows you mentioned, just find the theater they're playing in. Also, if in doubt, look for the crowd of people milling about the door after a show. That's your best giveaway.
rehearsals begin in July  Jun 8 2008, 11:44:57 PM
I totally agree that some venues (e.g. Ahmanson in Los Angeles) are inappropriate for SA. It needs a smaller theater to maintain the intimacy of the show and to be able to see the facial expressions of the players.

As for a sit-down in Chicago, I think it's possible, even if it's not as long as Wicked, or even Jersey Boys. We get so many great shows that were hugely popular on Broadway, and surely there are venues that it could work well in. Maybe not the Ford, but perhaps the Orie

re: Spring Awakening Seating ?...  Jun 8 2008, 06:37:58 PM
What is the stage seating like?

Is the view too distorted? Are you too close to the action and lose some of the magic?

I've sat in left orchestra and couldn't see stage left. I've sat in center orchestra in row K and in row S. Row K was the best obviously, but anything in center orchestra is good. Now I'm curious about those on-stage seats.

rehearsals begin in July  Jun 8 2008, 06:32:18 PM
Theaterboy, when does Wicked leave Chicago? I know the run is finally and officially ending so maybe they'll bring in SA to replace it. Perhaps next season's B-Way in Chicago? At this point, I am willing to travel to other cities to see it again but I sure would like to know what brain-trust put the midwest schedule together. Helloooo? Des Moines Cleveland, and Lansing in February/March?? Do they not know the cold and snow and ice we're buried under then? I will probably have to take Amtr
re: Kyle Riabko in Spring Awakening  Jun 8 2008, 12:29:11 PM
I saw the show twice this week when I was in NY. After the first time, I was so blown away by Kyle and Blake Bashoff that I HAD to see it again. All this talk about it being for young people is wrong because I am 44 and my sister is 41 and we are as obsessed as the young'ens. LOL! Kyle's acting is very good but it's his emotion and singing that stands out and compensates for any weaknesses in his acting. His chemistry with Alexandra and Blake are phenonemonal.

I was unaware of how t

rehearsals begin in July  Jun 8 2008, 11:52:47 AM
I saw the show for the first time this past week...TWICE! I knew nothing about it, just that Duncan did the music and was intrigued, and had NO expectations or pre-conceived ideas about the cast.

Kyle and Blake absolutely blew my effing socks off! Being 44 years old that is saying something. LOL! I couldn't stop thinking about the show and decided I had to see it again before I left NY.

Now I see that Kyle is in the tour (CUE JOY AND RAPTURE) and that Blake is likely to be

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You