Spring Awakening Movie?

cubanpab Profile Photo
cubanpab
#1Spring Awakening Movie?
Posted: 2/22/08 at 10:30pm

stumbled across this article just now:

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2008/02/duncan_sheik_and_steven_sater.html

looks like it was posted yesterday. duncan talks about the possibility of a spring awakening movie.

insertclevernamehere Profile Photo
insertclevernamehere
#2re: Spring Awakening Movie?
Posted: 2/22/08 at 10:33pm

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.cfm?thread=939039&dt=46&boardid=1

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention...I'm the good cop, he's the bad cop.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#2re: Spring Awakening Movie?
Posted: 2/22/08 at 10:35pm

please god no.

....but the world goes 'round

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#3re: Spring Awakening Movie?
Posted: 2/22/08 at 10:45pm

Why is it that as soon as a musical is successful people start to talk about a film adaptation for it. I am glad that movie musicals are making a comeback. I am. But, this is nuts. Not every popular musical needs to be made into a movie. Not every musical for that matter needs to be made into a movie popular or not. There are some that work in the transfer of stage to screen and others that don't.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

oohshizz146 Profile Photo
oohshizz146
#4re: Spring Awakening Movie?
Posted: 2/22/08 at 10:50pm

Hey, I'm excited if this happens. If you're gonna be someone who complains because it "ruins the show", DON'T SEE IT. Movies give people who can't get to NYC or can't afford a national tour the chance to experience the story and the characters, more than just the music. If it's not up to your standards, don't see it.
And I understand the annoying "fans" who didnt even know what it was before the movie, but ignore it. This could be awesome :)

"I told you, NO Rodgers and Hammerstein!"- Bart Simpson

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#5re: Spring Awakening Movie?

I am sure that if August : Osage County wins the TONYS this year... It will be made into a movie too by 2009 or 2010!

J*

hermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
#6re: Spring Awakening Movie?

I'm excited! Why not? I think it is fantastics that musicals are making a comeback, and if someone has the money to burn, why not?

I could see it turning out pretty good if it was done right--- but isn't that how ALL movie discussions start?

And a Wicked movie is the far, far, far distance, so not every musical has a movie on its heels.

So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#7re: Spring Awakening Movie?
Posted: 2/22/08 at 10:51pm

oh god! please no WICKED movie... please!

J*

oohshizz146
#8re: Spring Awakening Movie?
Posted: 2/22/08 at 10:55pm

jaystarr, if you don't want it, if it happens, DON'T SEE IT.

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#9re: Spring Awakening Movie?
Posted: 2/22/08 at 10:59pm

re: Spring Awakening Movie?

Updated On: 6/12/08 at 10:59 PM

oohshizz146
#10re: Spring Awakening Movie?
Posted: 2/22/08 at 11:09pm

Wow. So original. Calling me a twelve year old. That wouldn't even offend me if I WAS twelve years old. And how old are you? 50?

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#11re: Spring Awakening Movie?
Posted: 2/22/08 at 11:16pm

Updated On: 3/3/08 at 11:16 PM

Actorman112 Profile Photo
Actorman112
#13re: Spring Awakening Movie?
Posted: 2/22/08 at 11:26pm

Guys these threads are meant to talk about the topic. If you want to talk about how old you are, or how good looking you are, then go to the Off-Topic Threads section.

As for Spring Awakening Movie. I believe they are considering it as a movie based on the original Frank Wedekind Play and not the Broadway Musical. I think this could be really cool as a 1890's Germany Film with some great young actors.

Rotel1026
#14re: Spring Awakening Movie?
Posted: 2/22/08 at 11:30pm

Isn't the Weinstein company one of the producers of August? Figured that made it a pretty good candidate to be made into a movie if it did well.

oohshizz146
#15re: Spring Awakening Movie?
Posted: 2/22/08 at 11:31pm

wow you're a creep.

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#16re: Spring Awakening Movie?
Posted: 2/22/08 at 11:31pm

We get it... you spend a TON of time at the gym. We've all seen the constantly rotating avatar pix, both shirtless and tank-topped...

(Said with a little irritation & a little smidge of jealousy.) re: Spring Awakening Movie?

musicalmaster703 Profile Photo
musicalmaster703
#17re: Spring Awakening Movie?
Posted: 2/22/08 at 11:34pm

Updated On: 6/13/08 at 11:34 PM

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#18re: Spring Awakening Movie?
Posted: 2/22/08 at 11:41pm

Updated On: 6/12/08 at 11:41 PM

sleepyguy1717
#19re: Spring Awakening Movie?
Posted: 2/22/08 at 11:44pm

oohshizz146, you really pick fights with a lot of people don't you? jaystarr, I think you're pretty.

I don't think Spring Awakening would work right in a movie. I mean, the charm and the atmosphere would be completley ruined.

I want to apologize for some offensive messages posted on this board under my name. The night 0f 12-15-08 I did not have internet access, and someone had used my name to post something offensive. My avatar was also changed. I dont' know what else was posted, or if anyone recieved bad PMs, but I want to apologize for that. I've changed my password, and even though I was not the one posting these messages it still needed to be corrected.

musicalmaster703 Profile Photo
musicalmaster703
#20re: Spring Awakening Movie?
Posted: 2/22/08 at 11:50pm

Updated On: 6/13/08 at 11:50 PM

oohshizz146
#21re: Spring Awakening Movie?
Posted: 2/22/08 at 11:53pm

as you can see, I'm not the one who picks fights.

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#22re: Spring Awakening Movie?
Posted: 2/22/08 at 11:57pm

"Wow, harsh ah **** yourself"

huh?

Chason Profile Photo
Chason
#23re: Spring Awakening Movie?
Posted: 2/23/08 at 12:14am

Hey, look at Sweeney Todd. I've yet to see the play - but the movie was AWESOME. I would LOVE for them to make a movie of Spring Awakening. It works both ways, after all. Look how many Broadway shows come from movies! Even those that are not that good (ie; Xanadu).

George: Rubbing alcohol for you, Martha? Martha: Never mix, never worry!

i.heart.link Profile Photo
i.heart.link
#24re: Spring Awakening Movie?
Posted: 2/23/08 at 12:47am

I'll only be excited if all the original cast members came back! Then that would be awesome! Otherwise I'm a little unsure about weather I'm excited or not.

tgn915 Profile Photo
tgn915
#25re: Spring Awakening Movie?
Posted: 2/23/08 at 12:55am

I personally love when musicals come to the big screen. Most are no where near as good as the stage production but it's still entertaining to watch.

On a side note..
Jay would be one hot 50 year old.
& "shiz.." I suggest you try and get to know people before messing with them. Jay is actually one of the nicest members here [and I'm not saying this 'cause I have a fanboy crush on him] so best get on his good side, yes?

EDIT: quite embarassing typos.

Call me Travis. :)
Updated On: 2/23/08 at 12:55 AM