News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for harper4

Member Name: harper4
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Other Desert Cities - Anyone Seen It?
 Dec 22 2010, 11:02:08 AM
I see that John Lee Beatty is the set designer, which pretty much means it will be lovely, of the world of the show and very friendly to the actors. I'm also curious how Mantello did with this one.
 Dec 21 2010, 10:46:54 AM
Thank you! I'm really excited to see this. Did the 2.5 hours include intermission?
 Dec 20 2010, 01:29:08 AM
Bumping this as I am so curious how there has been no chatter about this yet. Neither here nor at that other place. I've got my tickets for next week but am genuinely miffed as to how it seems to have flown under the radar. Anyone have plans to see it even? Or is it that Spiderman: Turn On the Schadenfreude is getting everyone's hard earned ticket money?

Neil LaBute at Drama Books tonight
 Nov 3 2010, 01:51:26 PM
Just saw this on the website and thought I would share:

NEIL LABUTE: Reading, Q&A and Book Signing
Wednesday, November 3, 2010 at 6:00 p.m.

Drama Book Shop
250 West 40th Street
New York, NY 10018

Lovely interview with Tony nominee Thomas Sadoski
 Aug 14 2010, 08:32:29 PM
Done for London-based charity Ideastap. Cross posted at that other site.

http://vimeo.com/13997700

Bridge Project: The Tempest
 Feb 25 2010, 04:19:22 PM
Scripps,

Don't let the reviews deter you. I loved AYLI. A lot of people around here and on the other site saw early previews and judged the production based on the work which was still in progress, a pitfall I avoided by spending the extra $10 and seeing it post opening. The major complaints seem to be its "darkness" (which I rather liked; it gave the play somewhere to go from Act 1 to Act 2 and I wasn't confused when the foresters were singing "Blow, blow thou winter wind". Usually i

Is Liev Schreiber pissed at Scarlett?
 Feb 24 2010, 02:01:20 PM
Liev Schreiber is "too professional"? Tell that to the guy who has a concussion but no longer has a job b/c ol Liev decided to change the fight choreography without telling him. Tell that to the guy who's teeth he knocked out and who had to be carried off stage the night I saw his "Hamlet" when he shoved a flute down his throat on the line "do you think I am easier played upon than a pipe". Liev Schrieber may be talented and everyone at the Times and on this site may want want to jump his bones,
Brantley responds to the Star-er, lover accusations
 Jan 4 2010, 11:22:01 AM
AMEN After Eight!
Favorite Director(s)
 Jan 4 2010, 11:20:04 AM
Sam Mendes, Mark Brokaw, Julie Taymor and Terry Kinney
re: Papermill announces the cast for Lost in Yonke
 Jan 1 2010, 08:06:54 PM
Sara Surrey was incredible in Lucy Thurber's heartbreaking "Where We're Born" which was done at the Rattlestick a few years ago (she starred alongside future Tony nominees Marin Ireland and Thomas Sadoski). As I'll not be able to see it, I am jealous of anyone who gets to see this very talented young actress tackle a great role.

In regards to this whole thread: there seems to be some implication that the person who started it is a performer of some sort? If this is true I pity the folks

re: HAMLET Reviews
 Oct 6 2009, 11:03:15 PM
Oh hon, Its USA Today for christsakes. As long as there was a straight movie star in it and none of that liberal potty-mouth humor, they were gonna be all for it. I hate to say this, but I'm partly with Brantley and partly with Feingold on this one. Law was ok, but not even close to great. A totally misguided interpretation of the role (which I will forgive him for because apparently there was no director) and the worst. supporting. cast. ever.
re: Four Shows Close Today: Exit the King, reasons to be pretty, Joe Turner
 Jun 17 2009, 01:27:16 AM
How asinine...I'm sorry,but people 'taking it upon themselves' to film productions is 1) illegal, 2) horribly distracting to the actors and other audience members and perhaps above and beyond all completely defeats the point of doing theatre in the first place. If you want to see a show...go see the show. If you live out of town and can't see it...hopefully it gets filmed for Lincoln Center, if not, tough.

I'm not against the idea of filming theatre, mind you, I was a big fan of Spike

re: reasons to be pretty now selling through 6/14
 Jun 3 2009, 12:28:05 AM
Yes, God forbid a show should be written about working class folks. Oh the horror! OH NO!!! You are absolutely right: Broadway should be reserved for stories about the privileged.

Wanker.

re: Raul Esparza Set To Appear In REASONS TO BE PRETTY Post Show Talkback 5
 May 21 2009, 01:46:15 PM
Yeah, agreed: it was not the most enlightening talkback ever. I did however, LOVE that the cast came out eating sushi and that the "Entourage" theme music played when they entered! Raul looked genuinely pleased. It shows that the cast took some time and consideration and had a good time with it all.

People are obsessed with those monologues, though....ugh.

re: [title of show] as 'self-congratulating artistic masturbation'
 Apr 16 2009, 12:40:16 AM
well, duh.

Most musical theatre is "self-congratulatory artistic masturbation".

4/12/09 - Our nominated performers? (In order of winning probability)
 Apr 13 2009, 10:45:11 PM
I'd love to see Thomas Sadoski get a Nom for REASONS TO BE PRETTY. With movie stars everywhere it would be nice to see a theatre actor get some love.
re: sports themed plays? something i can take my bf with me to?
 Apr 11 2009, 01:07:19 AM
True. Some of us prefer to utilize our originality by doing things, not coming up with pithy screen names. Keep yelling from the sidelines.
tickets for tonight
 Apr 11 2009, 01:02:26 AM
So sad to hear all of this. Ugh. Not the biggest Broderick fan, so I'm not shocked, but I really do like quite a lot of the rest of the cast.
 Apr 11 2009, 12:57:37 AM
Oh Poiuyt...welcome to the awfulness that is theatre chat sites. Lots of disappointed chorus boys and never-will-be's.

I hope that you and your man have a great time.

Apr 11 2009, 12:20:07 AM

Take him to "REASONS TO BE PRETTY". It's not a sport themed show, specifically, but the night I was there, there were a bunch of straight couples (the male parts of which were obviously not big theatre goers) and they were having a BLAST.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You