pixeltracker

Other Desert Cities - Anyone Seen It?

Other Desert Cities - Anyone Seen It?

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#1Other Desert Cities - Anyone Seen It?
Posted: 12/17/10 at 8:03pm

How is it? It has a great cast, and I had a few friends at the invited dress who said it was brilliant. I have to admit, the premise seems a little tiresome and sort of "seen it" - but the cast is interesting, and I like the title.

harper4
#2Other Desert Cities - Anyone Seen It?
Posted: 12/20/10 at 1:29am

Bumping this as I am so curious how there has been no chatter about this yet. Neither here nor at that other place. I've got my tickets for next week but am genuinely miffed as to how it seems to have flown under the radar. Anyone have plans to see it even? Or is it that Spiderman: Turn On the Schadenfreude is getting everyone's hard earned ticket money?
Updated On: 12/20/10 at 01:29 AM

guymy13 Profile Photo
guymy13
#2Other Desert Cities - Anyone Seen It?
Posted: 12/20/10 at 8:01pm

I saw this Saturday evening (after seeing the matinee of Spider-Man) and I had a good time. It starts off fairly funny, but gets serious about halfway through the first act. The end is a bit predictable (as was announced by the lady in front of me part way through the second act), but I don't believe the ending was supposed to be a surprise so I don't hold that against it. All of the actors did a wonderful job, and I felt the play was very well written (I'll add here, that I don't consider myself anyone who should be reviewing theater, so please take that with a grain of salt). A lady in my section commented that it was about time Lincoln Center had a good play as she was going to intermission. It was an enjoyable 2.5 hours, and (in my opinion) it was $30 well spent for Lincoln Center members.

harper4
#3Other Desert Cities - Anyone Seen It?
Posted: 12/21/10 at 10:46am

Thank you! I'm really excited to see this. Did the 2.5 hours include intermission?

guymy13 Profile Photo
guymy13
#4Other Desert Cities - Anyone Seen It?
Posted: 12/21/10 at 6:03pm

I hope you enjoy it. It was a little bit under 2.5 hours with an intermission.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#5Other Desert Cities - Anyone Seen It?
Posted: 12/21/10 at 6:20pm

How were the design elements? And Mantello's direction?

harper4
#6Other Desert Cities - Anyone Seen It?
Posted: 12/22/10 at 11:02am

I see that John Lee Beatty is the set designer, which pretty much means it will be lovely, of the world of the show and very friendly to the actors. I'm also curious how Mantello did with this one.

Videos