News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for desperateAndee

desperateAndee Profile Photo
Member Name: desperateAndee
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews
 Mar 29 2024, 12:07:04 PM

Oh, okay, that makes sense! Thank you both. 

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews
 Mar 29 2024, 10:27:49 AM

Given that Redmayne isn't performing on Monday evenings, will he not be in the first preview? 

APPROPRIATE Previews
 Dec 10 2023, 02:13:11 PM

Ticket sold.

Pre-Broadway sell outs that flopped on Broadway
 Nov 12 2023, 03:05:10 PM

Des McAnuff's Jesus Christ Superstar played/extended to sold out shows at the Stratford Festival/had acclaim at La Jolla but definitely didn't translate on Broadway — save for Josh Young's performance, eventual Tony nom. 

SLEEP NO MORE to close in January after 5000 performances
 Nov 8 2023, 06:07:07 PM

There's a bit of smoke and mirrors happening. SNM is closing, but I've heard through a few members of the company that a new immersive show from Punchdrunk, etc, will be taking over sometime in 2024. It's said to be in the same Hitchcockian vein/already being cast and workshopped.

With that being said, SNM was a true institution, and it will be really missed. So happy I got to check out the Halloween show last week. I'll never forget seeing the prophecy scene for th

American Psycho
 Sep 24 2023, 02:52:16 PM

If it had opened after T***p's presidential win, it would've ran on Broadway for years. 

Daly and Schreiber will lead DOUBT on Broadway
 Aug 18 2023, 01:49:01 PM

Sister James would be a perfect showcase for Patsy Ferran. 

Cabaret Casting 2924
 Jul 12 2023, 02:06:07 PM

Someone mentioned Julia Garner in another thread and now I can't stop thinking about that.

Medea at BAM
 Jan 20 2020, 11:09:54 AM

JBroadway said: "I happened to be passing by the theatre again today (just got out of Timon of Athens at TFANA)

There was a sign on the door saying that today’s performance of Medea was cancelled due to “unforeseen circumstances.” Anyone know what happened?
"

Could be because Bobby Cannavale was in LA for the SAG Awards. 

THE HUMANS Film starring Richard Jenkins, Jayne Houdyshell, Amy Schumer, Beanie Feldstein
 Oct 26 2019, 01:38:29 PM

Stephen Karam posted wrap photos and it appears that June Squibb will be playing Momo. 

PLAYBILL Covers of the 2018-2019 Season
 Apr 9 2019, 11:32:02 AM

Looks like they're handing out two Playbills!

PLAYBILL Covers of the 2018-2019 Season
 Apr 9 2019, 11:29:51 AM

The Mother (The Atlantic Theater Company) - Previews
 Feb 25 2019, 02:10:54 PM

I was at the second preview and the show was running pretty damn smoothly. Isabelle's accent is a bit thick but I can only imagine her getting better with the language of the play as the run continues. I thought the acting was great across the board. A moody, abstract, and incredibly haunting play. I haven't seen The Father but I was thoroughly engrossed with the staging and the story of this one. It's for sure a disorienting experience, as it is not based in any form of

The Mother (The Atlantic Theater Company) - Previews
 Feb 20 2019, 05:25:05 PM

I will be there tomorrow. Can't wait!

NETWORK Previews
 Nov 17 2018, 02:11:14 PM

I was there for the matinee this past Wednesday and found the production to be in top shape but the performances lacking in any dimension (besides Cranston). As much as it pains me to to say this, I found Maslany to be terribly miscast. Some of her Diana was working but I don't think she has the right force power to drive home that character. For those wondering, I was also in the second to last row of the balcony and found the seats to be great. Only annoyance is when people bend fo

Gillian Anderson & Lily James to star in Van Hove's ALL ABOUT EVE.
 Jun 29 2018, 11:59:33 AM

Golden Globe-winning actor Gillian Anderson (The Fall, The X-Files) has signed on to star as Margo Channing in the Ivo van Hove-helmed stage adaptation of All About Eve in London. Performances will reportedly begin in February 2019 at the Noel Coward Theatre in London.

Covers of the 2016-2017 Season
 Jan 24 2017, 07:13:07 PM

Definitely a rehearsal room image. However, The Front Page, The Crucible and Blackbird changed their Playbills after opening night. I'm assuming the same will happen here. 

PLAYBILL Covers of the 2015-2016 Season
 Jul 2 2016, 07:29:14 PM

Temporary CATS cover is up; am assuming that it may change after it opens. Also appears that most Playbills are being converted to the 'vintage' style. The website has updated most of the covers. Some are stunning. 

HAMILTON Is Being Filmed With The OBC, So Everyone Freak The F*#k Out.
 Jun 16 2016, 11:40:19 AM

I spoke with some at Lincoln Center who said that they had tried several times to get their cameras into the Richard Rodgers, only to have the producers cancel each time. This person also said the producers had plans of their own, which is now evident given recent news. 

Favorite American Psycho songs
 Jun 9 2016, 07:48:53 AM

I'd kill for a recording of some of those transition songs; especially the one that ends with "no one will know, what's underneath." Completely thrilling. 

The new addition to Nice Thought (tell me...I want to...) is stunning and totally missed when listening to the OLCR version, as well. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You