Cabaret Casting 2024

Theatrefanboy1
#1Cabaret Casting 2024
Posted: 7/12/23 at 9:27am

Any word on casting rumors for the show?   I’m assuming Eddie is a for sure.  But for Sally?    Michaela diamond?  Lea Michele? Emma Watson?    I’ve heard rumors of Bebe neuwirth and Danny burnstein roundinv out the cast. 

Updated On: 7/12/23 at 09:27 AM

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#2Cabaret Casting 2924
Posted: 7/12/23 at 9:29am

Can we get through the 2024 revival before we start casting the 2924 one?

hearthemsing22
#3Cabaret Casting 2924
Posted: 7/12/23 at 9:39am

FANtomFollies said: "Can we get through the 2024 revival before we start casting the 2924 one?"

Bwahahahahaha 

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#4Cabaret Casting 2924
Posted: 7/12/23 at 9:40am

The casting rumours currently floating around about Sally feel to me like Broadway chat board dreams. I can not imagine Sally won't be cast with a a major star.

I'd love to see any one of these women's take on the role:

Saoirse Ronan

Rooney Mara

Jodie Comer

Greta Gerwig

Brie Larson

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

hearthemsing22
#5Cabaret Casting 2924
Posted: 7/12/23 at 9:57am

QueenAlice said: "The casting rumours currently floating around about Sally feel to me like Broadway chat board dreams. I can not imagine Sally won't be cast with a a major star.

Saoirse Ronan

Rooney Mara

Jodie Comer

Greta Gerwig

Brie Larson
"

Sorry but I truly doubt any of those people will take on Sally. 

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#6Cabaret Casting 2924
Posted: 7/12/23 at 9:59am

The correct answer is Dove Cameron (if she would do it)

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#7Cabaret Casting 2924
Posted: 7/12/23 at 10:10am

hearthemsing22 said: "QueenAlice said: "The casting rumours currently floating around about Sally feel to me like Broadway chat board dreams. I can not imagine Sally won't be cast with a a major star.

Saoirse Ronan

Rooney Mara

Jodie Comer

Greta Gerwig

Brie Larson
"

"

The last two Sallys on Broadway were Michelle Williams and Emma Stone -- both major movie stars at the peak of their careers. To me, it seems more likely we will see an actress of this name recognition playing the role in the next revival than a Broaday performer whose name is barely known outside of Shubert Alley.

lopside
#8Cabaret Casting 2924
Posted: 7/12/23 at 10:32am

Musto is an institution, so he would've at least had some trust in his sources to mention the names he's heard, but I'm hoping it was misdirection, because none of the mentioned names are very interesting. I don't even mean interesting in terms of being starry, just that their performance styles do not seem to be the ones best aligned with this production. 

And once again I ask, what are the chances of Liza Sadovy and Elliot Levey getting consideration for opening as Schneider and Schultz?  They did win awards for it so they could tout those, and they could just do a limited run like ER probably will? 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#9Cabaret Casting 2924
Posted: 7/12/23 at 10:50am

I don't think I'll be around for the 2924 revival.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#10Cabaret Casting 2924
Posted: 7/12/23 at 11:16am

ACL2006 said: "I don't think I'll be around for the 2924 revival."

There’s a strong chance our entire species will be extinct by then cheeky

Broadway61004
#11Cabaret Casting 2924
Posted: 7/12/23 at 11:17am

Rumor has it that Lea Michelle Jr., Jr., Jr., Jr., Jr., Jr., Jr., Jr., Jr., Jr., Jr. is playing Sally in 2924.  Joel Grey is still the Emcee.

Updated On: 7/12/23 at 11:17 AM

hearthemsing22
#12Cabaret Casting 2924
Posted: 7/12/23 at 1:12pm

Broadway61004 said: "Rumor has it that Lea Michelle Jr., Jr., Jr., Jr., Jr., Jr., Jr., Jr., Jr., Jr., Jr. is playing Sally in 2924. Joel Grey is still the Emcee."

Comment of the day. A+. Gold star. Truly, 100% no sarcasm. That is hilarious! 

Updated On: 7/12/23 at 01:12 PM

hearthemsing22
#13Cabaret Casting 2924
Posted: 7/12/23 at 1:12pm

QueenAlice said: "hearthemsing22 said: "QueenAlice said: "The casting rumours currently floating around about Sally feel to me like Broadway chat board dreams. I can not imagine Sally won't be cast with a a major star.

Saoirse Ronan

Rooney Mara

Jodie Comer

Greta Gerwig

Brie Larson
"

"

The last two Sallys on Broadway were Michelle Williams and Emma Stone -- both major movie stars at the peak of their careers. To me, it seems more likely we will see an actress of this name recognition playing the role in the next revival than a Broaday performer whose name is barely known outside of Shubert Alley.
"

I see what you're saying, I acknowledge it, and I highly doubt someone on your list will be Sally. Thats all  

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#14Cabaret Casting 2924
Posted: 7/12/23 at 1:52pm

I didn't say that I thought they would be playing the role, I said I would LIKE to see them play the role. Truly, Heartsing, you are winning a gold medal today for assumptive deduction.

desperateAndee Profile Photo
desperateAndee
#15Cabaret Casting 2924
Posted: 7/12/23 at 2:06pm

Someone mentioned Julia Garner in another thread and now I can't stop thinking about that.

AllThatJazz2
#16Cabaret Casting 2924
Posted: 7/12/23 at 2:15pm

Theatrefanboy1 said: “ heard rumors of Bebe neuwirth and Danny burnstein roundinv out the cast."

Haven’t heard either of these names mentioned in connection with this before - does anyone have any further info there?  

blasvader
#17Cabaret Casting 2924
Posted: 7/12/23 at 2:19pm

Why have we taken the Diamond rumors so seriously? Because I don't really remember Musto breaking any news about any major production like this? I'm sure he has a network, but I genuinely can't remember any scoops from him before. Plus Boroff is very reliable, and he had heard nothing about the Sally casting. 

DJD4
#18Cabaret Casting 2924
Posted: 7/12/23 at 2:19pm

desperateAndee said: "Someone mentioned Julia Garner in another thread and now I can't stop thinking about that."

surprisesurprisesurprise

This is the only choice. I will accept no other option.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#19Cabaret Casting 2924
Posted: 7/12/23 at 2:32pm

AllThatJazz2 said: "Theatrefanboy1 said: “heard rumors of Bebe neuwirth and Danny burnstein roundinv out the cast."

Haven’t heard either of these names mentioned in connection with this before - does anyone have any further info there?
"

Rumor of not, this would be great casting. Did Danny play this role already?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Owen22
#20Cabaret Casting 2924
Posted: 7/12/23 at 2:42pm

I personally would love to see an authentic Brit as Sally.  My choices would be Juno Temple or Anya Taylor Joy. I think Florence Pugh is flying a little too high at the moment to take a Broadway role.  If we are talking American, is Scar Jo too old?

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#21Cabaret Casting 2924
Posted: 7/12/23 at 2:54pm

I think if it were any of the Broadway names that Musto mentioned, they would likely have been announced along with the press release. I would be very surprised if Michaela Diamond's 'deal' was more difficult to negotiate for Broadway than Eddie Redmayne's.

Broadway61004
#22Cabaret Casting 2924
Posted: 7/12/23 at 2:59pm

dramamama611 said: "Rumor of not, this would be great casting. Did Danny play this role already?"

Yes, he played it in the 2014 version. And honestly, it was one of my least favorite things I've seen him in. He wasn't bad by any means, but also just kind of "meh" in my opinion. But I wouldn't be opposed to seeing how he's grown in the role 10 years later.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#23Cabaret Casting 2924
Posted: 7/12/23 at 3:07pm

QueenAlice said: "I think if it were any of the Broadway names that Musto mentioned, they would likely have been announced along with the press release. I would be very surprised if Michaela Diamond's 'deal' was more difficult to negotiate for Broadway than Eddie Redmayne's."

Yes, but I'm sure they had his contract settled months ago....this wasn't coming over without him.

As to anyone else, they can't announce until the contract is signed.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

sewwwwwww
#24Cabaret Casting 2924
Posted: 7/12/23 at 3:48pm

Michaela Diamond is not doing this.

Adrienne Warren maybe...

hearthemsing22
#25Cabaret Casting 2924
Posted: 7/12/23 at 3:53pm

What about Eva Noblezada? Now that she is leaving Hadestown...I don't want to assume she'd just jump right into another project, but it's not completely out of the realm of possibility...?