News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Dancingthrulife2

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Dancingthrulife2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Metcalf stars in Hunter’s LITTLE BEAR RIDGE ROAD at Steppenwoolf, directed by Mantello
 Jun 24 2024, 07:41:14 PM

Have to say I really miss the time when we got at least one Metcalf play every season. Guess no one is willing to mount these seemingly less profitable productions at such a pace after Scott Rudin went down.

BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Threads
 Jun 8 2024, 05:01:39 AM

PipingHotPiccolo said: "Aw, sweets, since Ben is doing a nightly show on 47/bway, I'm guessing he's staying in some apartment somewhere in town, and I just saw Beanie at dinner a few weeks ago in the West 80s, but yes, its true, they are so successful and unbothered by the loons on this board, that I agree they would be laughing at them from whichever well appointed residence they happen to be in at any given moment."

very chilly stalker vibe

THE NOTEBOOK Broadway Previews
 Jun 3 2024, 06:08:10 PM

I don't think this is racial blind but rather very cleverly racially conscious. Remember the story happened mainly in the 60s and 70s, and the notebook was written by Allie, who in the present day is a white woman. You would think what would happen if in the story Allie is white and Noah is black, and suddenly it makes sense that Allie's parents would treat Noah the way they did, including calling police on him for "kidnapping," not just because Noah is a lumberjack. You might think it is a r

BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Thread
 May 29 2024, 05:44:01 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: ""

Lead by example? What example? Huge egos to do Dear Evan Hansen movie knowing the ship has long sailed?

May 28 2024, 02:30:46 AM

EDSOSLO858 said: "From Judy Garland and Harry Belafonte to Liza Minnelli and Elvis Presley, Broadway’s past and present will come together as Platt graces the stage, adding a new unforgettable chapter to the Palace’s storied legacy.”

What does this mean? Will he perform numbers by these legends, or does it simply state the fact that these legends have performed at Palace?

May 28 2024, 02:27:53 AM

Luscious said: "rosscoe(au) said: "Well from the look of ticket sales , no one is going!"

And we’re off! For someone who doesn’t appreciate his talent, youcertainly spend a lotof time monitoring his ticket sales and posting in threads about him. Hmm…

"

If you know him so well, hopefully not in a creepy stalker chic, you may as well give us his set list, which might actually motivate some of us to go and get

YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
 May 28 2024, 02:25:43 AM

Luscious said: "Strange Lupone said: "You’re so unhinged, you can’t even follow a thread and/or understand that Kad is being sarcastic.

And I apologized for the oversight. Apparently, it’s you who can’t follow a thread.

Strange Lupone said: "And I’ve heard PLENTY about La Platt from fellow industry creatives and behind-the-sceners. Lots of “do you know who I am?!” energy.”

You haven&rs

Why is Merrily Closing?
 May 25 2024, 08:08:48 AM

Merrily is a show that demands the camaraderie between at least the three main characters to actually work. Otherwise you get a production devoid of the sincerity that grounds the jaded facades of other aspects of the show.

Dame Judi : Trigger Warnings
 May 15 2024, 09:09:02 AM

I like going to a show knowing absolutely nothing about it. That said, people can be triggered and I also agree that such warnings should be available at request.

The Tony nominators should've shown lots more love to 'Here Lies Love'
 May 11 2024, 04:26:36 PM

no

HERE WE ARE heads to the recording studio
 Apr 26 2024, 08:38:48 PM

TimeToDither said: "jkcohen626 said: "I do kinda wish that they'd released a song with lyrics (maybe the Soldier's song?). But, the exit music is beautiful.

All I can think about listening to this is that, if this show somehow had transferred, it would probably be the frontrunner for Musical, Score, Book, and Lead Actress at the Tonys, along with noms for directorand every technical category.
"

Maybe it'll transfer once it’s f

Bernadette Peters & Lea Salonga to Lead OLD FRIENDS On Broadway
 Apr 9 2024, 01:11:17 PM

It would be a crime to not include anything from Here We Are, his last musical.

Tom Holland's Romeo and Juliet to Transfer to Broadway?
 Apr 8 2024, 08:35:38 AM

I suspect a large portion of the audience that the casting choice is aiming to attract might be in the rude awakening that this is a Shakespear play that requires a proper understanding of the English language rather than West Side Story where the bar is much, much lower.

THE NOTEBOOK Opening Night Critics’ Reviews
 Mar 15 2024, 12:03:59 PM
ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Maryann Plunkett is getting some of the best reviews of any actress in a musical this season. Meanwhile, the show itself is getting some of the worst."

As expected. But Maryann Plunkett sells the ticket for me.

Bring Ryan Gosling to Broadway now!!
 Mar 12 2024, 11:29:20 AM
No
Baker's Wife in Into The Woods Arc
 Feb 23 2024, 02:27:10 PM

I think the idea is that she's finally living for and as herself, and not the "baker's wife." Until the affair, all she did was fulfilling the traditional gender roles of being a wife: having a baby and providing support for her husband. Never was she afforded freedom to do something that's just for her, and her alone. The fulfillment is the discovery of self: "Just remembering you've had an and when you are back to or, makes the or mean

Any chance we'll see Daniel Fish's Oklahoma! again?
 Feb 18 2024, 09:01:47 AM

Wayman_Wong said: "''It was not particularly well-received on the road.''

That's an understatement. When I saw this ''Oklahoma!'' on tour, the audience response was tepid and polite at best. And there were a number of walkouts. Christopher Barrow, who played Jud Fry, wrote an essay about it for Howlround.com: ''Surviving in the States: Audience Rejection on the Road With 'Oklahoma!' '' (Just for the record, the best ''Oklahoma!'' I've ever seen was Arena Stage's 2010 multi-ethnic, theater-in-the-round revival, directed by Molly Smith and led by Nicholas Rodriguez, who won a Helen Hayes Award for his Curly.THIS is the great ''Oklahoma!'' that should've played Circle in the Square.)

https://howlround.com/surviving-states-audience-rejection-road-oklahoma

"

Hmm no. Are you implying the taste of the regional theater circle, which has been proven drastically different from that of New York, should determine which production should play in a New York theater?

Any chance we'll see Daniel Fish's Oklahoma! again?
 Feb 18 2024, 08:58:39 AM

joevitus said: "blaxx said: "Broadway Flash said: "I hope not it was dreadful. Oklahoma is not supposed to be a tragedy. It’s better when you stick to the script and happy."

On the contrary, Fish was able to truly show the dark piece it is.
"

There is no way on earth Rodgers and Hammerstein would agree had they seen it.

I think there is room for interpretations like this because Oklahoma! is a classic that ca

THE NOTEBOOK Broadway Previews
 Feb 14 2024, 10:31:03 AM

Apart from being a fan from Ingrid, the biggest draw for me is Maryann Plunket. Her performance in the Richard Nelson plays at Public was mesmerizing and I revisit the PBS recordings of the Apple Family and Gabriel Family series from time to time. Truly magical. If her performance in this show is half as good, I would consider it 200 bucks well spent.

Lincoln center will get a new leader
 Feb 8 2024, 01:04:59 PM

Just to be clear, this is about Lincoln Center, not Lincoln Center Theater right?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You