News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for log13124

Member Name: log13124
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: NINE - The Movie Musical - Review Thread
 Dec 26 2009, 04:31:07 PM
I left feeling quite disappointed, honestly. Rob Marshall made a stunning movie visually, but left a good chunk of the story on the cutting room floor. The performances were interesting. Like has been mentioned on here, Coutillard's performance was spectacular. I feel she definitely deserves an Oscar nom, clearly as supporting. The rest of the cast was hit-and-miss for me. DDL did a better job than I was expecting. However, it wasn't a homerun for me. Cruz was very good, although I think
re: The downfall of big budget family shows (Aka Disney)...
 Jul 26 2009, 12:16:19 PM
I had a horrible theatre experience at Lion King. I was sitting in front of a group of daycare kids constantly opening wrappers, kicking my seat, talking, etc. I knew there would be more of that at that type of show than others, but I truly could not focus on the show. I was bored during it, but I do think part of it was the surroundings and not the show itself. I keep meaning to see it again to get a better judgment of it, but haven't really found the time/inclination to do so.

I w

re: ROSIE O'DONNELL RETURNS TO MORNING CHAT...
 Jun 25 2009, 06:19:29 PM
The Broadway station on XM is the same as the one on Sirius. I haven't heard Downstage Center since the merger. I really enjoyed that show and have listened for it as well.
re: Wicked - What Do People Have Against It?
 May 15 2009, 07:01:30 PM
I find this really interesting and I appreciate the people that have let this thread be intelligent discussion, unlike some previous ones.

Honestly, when I first heard the soundtrack, I really liked Wicked. When I saw the show, a little less. When I read the book, even less again. I was imagining a little more tying the show together in between songs, and there really isn't a lot of that. The book is a superior work, although I do have problems envisioning that telling on stage, sel

re: Cast Recordings of Into the Woods and 1776
 Jan 26 2009, 01:57:12 PM
The OBC for Into the Woods, without a doubt. I enjoy the revival, but it doesn't hold a flame to the OBC. As for 1776, I'd probably go with the revival. I don't think the casting is quite as good, but the sound quality is so much better. I felt, when I listened to the OBC of 1776, that it felt like the performers were screaming a little bit and the quality was hurt a little bit by that. I think the performances are better on the OBC, but the sound quality doesn't even compare with the reviv
re: GYPSY to Close Early on January 11, 2009
 Dec 14 2008, 07:22:49 PM
No, no, no, NO! I haven't gotten a chance to see this yet, outside YouTube clips and was planning a mid-Feb trip to NYC. I seriously don't think I can move my trip up either...

PLEASE FILM!

re: soundtracks you have to listen to a lot to like them??
 Dec 13 2008, 07:19:18 PM
This thread is going to get me to dust off some CDs as Adding Machine and Light in the Piazza have been gathering dust in my collection for a little while now.
re: [tos] Gypsy of the Year Number is Up!
 Dec 13 2008, 07:16:09 PM
I missed parts of it because of the audio quality, but it was still quite good, I thought.
re: Seth Rudetsky at the Broadway Concierge Center Today
 Dec 13 2008, 07:02:04 PM
John Von Soosten was the host of XM28 On Broadway. When XM and Sirius merged, they got rid of XM28 and put the Sirius Broadway Channel (of which Seth Rudetsky is the host) on XM75. Seth is very much a casual host, very personable. John was very much the professor, he seemed to have an encyclopedic knowledge of theatre (and one of the best radio voices I've ever heard). Seth's Live on Broadway is a similar style show to John's Downstage Center, only much more relaxed.
re: BLONDE rave from Cleveland Plain-Dealer
 Nov 22 2008, 09:13:26 PM
I saw LB this afternoon in Cleveland. I was very mixed, honestly. I thought the first act drug horribly and had no real standouts in the least. I mean, it was enjoyable, just nothing special. In the second act, though, I swear Becky Gulsvig picked the show up and put it on her back. She was spectacular. The energy was better, the feel was just entirely different. The rest of the cast was very mediocre. I recognized a few names, but after this I may forget them. It was enjoyable though.
re: Movie Musicals being planned
 Nov 15 2008, 12:09:10 PM
I thought at the time that when Amy Adams sang What Is This Feeling on her monologue at SNL that she was auditioning for Galinda. Adams and Hathaway really seem like the logical choices at the moment, even though I'm not sure that it is the best possible cast.
re: A Chorus Line
 Oct 25 2008, 07:50:35 PM
As an addition here, I saw the matinee of the tour of A Chorus Line today... ugh. It was very mediocre. I love this show, but the cast largely seemed to mail it in this afternoon.
re: Spring Awakening to Close January 18
 Oct 23 2008, 07:27:38 PM
I'm not the Broadway historian that a lot of people on here are, so I want to pose the question: This is extremely odd to see this many closings so close together, right? I've only really been following Broadway for about 7-8 years and I surely don't remember a time like this. Although, part of it could be that before shows really started a following on the internet, me getting to NYC once a year really limited how much I had heard of them.
re: Lines from Broadway songs that would make great t-shirts
 Oct 10 2008, 02:46:22 PM
I was listening to Reefer Madness this afternoon and had to find this thread to add this:
"We are just like Romeo and Juliet. Happy, young and hemorrhaging blood."

If we're including dialogue, there absolutely has to be "I was raised to be charming, not sincere" from Into the Woods.

re: RENT: Live from Broadway (Film) - Thoughts
 Sep 27 2008, 03:53:31 PM
I saw it this afternoon and thought it was amazing. The entire time I sat there, jaw agape for a period of it, I was thinking one thought over and over...

Chris Columbus should never be allowed to make another movie ever again. I was a defender of the film, saying that it wasn't perfect or anything (far from it), but it was still enjoyable and showed us the original cast preserved (for the most part). This made me hate the movie.

re: SPRING AWAKENING tonight
 Sep 26 2008, 02:37:36 PM
"Come on, you can't see Streisand doing it on her next Broadway album?"
----------------------------------------

I'll be... I think you found the one thing that might actually get me to buy a Streisand album.

re: ‘Reefer Madness’ to be released 10/28
 Sep 26 2008, 02:25:15 PM
I have an irrational love of that show. Best news I've heard in a while...
re: Young Frankenstein...Why?
 Sep 11 2008, 08:41:10 AM
I agree, expectations for the show hurt it greatly. I'm a huge Mel Brooks fan and while I enjoyed the show greatly, I found myself at a couple of times feeling like I knew what was coming because it was fitting in the cookie-cutter mold of The Producers. Let me say, I enjoyed the show and was shocked that it didn't get a best musical nomination (Cry-Baby... really?). Walking out that night I turned to a friend and said that Christopher Fitzgerald won the Tony as well and others might as well
re: The 62nd Tony Awards Megathread
 Jun 15 2008, 11:02:06 PM
I'm glad I DVR'd this. That was a moderately memorable Tonys.
re: The 62nd Tony Awards Megathread
 Jun 15 2008, 10:47:33 PM
Still get goosebumps from RENT.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You