News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for lilprima2b

lilprima2b Profile Photo
Member Name: lilprima2b
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: www.myspace.com/Dana_Cass
Blog Address:
Profile: I'm about to graduate from a performing arts high school where I've majored in dance for the past four years. I love dance and musical theatre and I don't know what I'm going to do in the future - minus party it up at Vassar (Class of 2011!) - but it will be awesome.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Worst Opening Number
 Mar 12 2007, 03:21:36 AM
Ragtime. LOVE it.
Sweeney Todd
Beauty and the Beast (I'm sorry, I just love it)
Parade
Drowsy Chaperone
Into the Woods
Assassins

Worst:
well, if you see Chorus Line with a cast who can neither sing nor dance, it's pretty freaking bad...
Joseph (BORING! I am doing the show right now, and we have to stand in place in this like "family portrait" thing for the opening, and it is SO LONG)
The Producers (it just bothers me... I hate this show anyway thoug

'A Chorus Line' changes for amateur productions
 Feb 4 2007, 11:58:26 PM
I saw an amateur production of A Chorus Line that kept everything as it was originally. Unfortunately, only one of the cast members was a triple threat. Most of them were no-threats. THAT was a painful evening...
re: ACE the musical ?
 Dec 14 2006, 08:12:27 PM
A friend of mine did the demo for this a couple years back... it's pretty cool to see it materializing. It's in Toronto now, correct?
re: 'A Heart Full of Love'... who's your favorite Les Miz character?
 Dec 14 2006, 08:09:07 PM
Enjolras.

And on the subject of Grantaire, I think I'm doing a workshop with Anthony Crivello next month!!!!!

re: '...The HELL?!' moments in productions
 Dec 12 2006, 07:24:55 PM
We're reading Hamlet in my AP English class right now, and my teacher told us about a production that was done here in Vegas a few years ago in which everyone was wearing red and carrying a red parasol, except for Hamlet, who was in black leather, carrying a black parasol. I can't explain to you how much more entertaining Hamlet has been for me with that mental image in my mind...
re: Blast from the Past...STARLIGHT EXPRESS
 Oct 12 2006, 09:35:22 PM
hahahaha I saw this in Vegas when I was probably seven years old, one of the first shows I ever saw. My mother loved it and made us buy her the cast recording for her birthday. I found it a few months ago and tried to listen to it, but I had to turn it off about three minutes in due to bleeding ears. ergh.
re: SPAMALOT - Balcony Row B?
 Oct 11 2006, 09:06:29 PM
Just be prepared... you will be sitting with people who think they're at a sporting event... it's a little bit horrifying.
re: Respected singers whose voices grate your nerves
 Oct 11 2006, 12:27:09 AM
Daphne Rubin-Vega. I was just watching the Les Mis rehearsal footage on Broadway.com (I WANT TO SEE IT, why do I live in the Western desert?!?!) and... good lord, her voice makes me want to poke my ears out. I'm SURE they could have picked a Fantine who doesn't sound like she has a 40-year pack-a-day habit.
re: Name, in order, the first 25 Broadway shows you've seen...
 Sep 23 2006, 02:25:11 AM
1 - The Producers
2 - Movin' Out
3 - The Drowsy Chaperone
3 - Sweeney Todd
5 - Spamalot

It's a sad life I lead here in the western desert.

re: Anything good playing in Vegas these days?
 Sep 15 2006, 09:19:37 PM
I live in Vegas, but I haven't seen the majority of the shows because I am a lowly high school student who gets paid $7 an hour and my parents aren't really up for paying for shows all the time...

Anyway, Love is supposed to be incredible. I'm seeing it in October and I am PSYCHED...

A friend of mine saw Phantom last weekend and raved about it. She hated it when she saw it on Broadway - said it was tired - but she LOVED it here.

My best friend loved Mamma Mia, but s

Worst. Lyrics. EVER.
 Aug 13 2006, 12:22:40 AM
"Every endeavor I have made - ever"

from "This is the Moment" in Jekyll and Hyde. I mean, the whole song is pretty bad lyric-wise, but that one just... augh. It makes my ears bleed.

re: If you could have been there in the past, what performers/performances
 Aug 10 2006, 02:01:55 AM
Patti in Evita. AHH.

Colm Wilkinson as Valjean (I know, not so distant, but still).

Ditto Julie Andrews in anything. I love her so much.

re: Wife and I are visiting NYC next week... what should we see?
 Aug 10 2006, 01:57:07 AM
Judging by your tastes, I would say "Drowsy Chaperone." But I do have to reiterate the suggestion of "Sweeney Todd" - it's absolutely amazing, extremely inventive with a RIDICULOUSLY talented cast. It would be a great way to expand your horizons a bit.

But otherwise, Drowsy is great!

re: Les Miserables Symphonic Recording Question
 Aug 2 2006, 09:21:12 PM
I hate this recording SO much, except for Michael Ball and Anthony Warlowe. Kaho Shimada is terrible... besides the fact that she doesn't interpret the lyrics (I understand that she learned the words for the recording, but what was the point of that?), her voice just isn't good. And Tracey Shayne makes my ears hurt. And Gary Morris... ugh.
re: Do you ever leave a show during intermission?
 Aug 2 2006, 09:16:53 PM
I saw "Titus Andronicus" at the Globe in England and a bunch of people with our group left at intermission because we had standing tickets and we had been walking ALL day and everyone felt like they were going to die, but a few of us decided to be hardcore and stay because we assumed the second act would be shorter. Sadly, it was not, and I'm still not sure how I managed to stand for three and a half hours of what is often called Shakespeare's worst play...
re: What shows should I see
 Jul 24 2006, 12:15:11 AM
PLEASE see Sweeney. It's such a great theatrical experience (as cheesy as that sounds lol). It's just incredibly inventive and entertaining. It's worth it for the entire ensemble, too, not just Patti.
re: Celebrities that you've seen other than at a show or at the stage door
 Jul 22 2006, 10:53:08 PM
Mabel Modrono (MOVIN' OUT) two days ago at the dance store I work at in Vegas where I fit her in pointe shoes. (Ahh!)
re: Chenoweth? 'Running With Scissors'?
 Jul 16 2006, 01:00:58 AM
I am SO psyched for this movie. Just had to say it.
re: Drowsy CD.. what do you think?
 Jun 24 2006, 09:27:07 PM
I'm just glad that there's one "WHAAAT?" on there...
re: The Most Embarassing Thing You've Ever Had To Do Onstage?
 Jun 20 2006, 03:00:55 AM
When I was in 8th grade, we did this play called The Crane Wife in which I played The Crane Wife (my one and only title role... sigh), and I had to come onstage in the beginning wearing a "crane head" (made out of chickenwire and paper-maiche) and flapping my arms. Yeah... that was bad.

My first dance show freshman year (I go to a performing arts school)... well, my teacher was a little bit crazy... we did this dance to a Santana song, and it was kind of Spanishy and we were wearing re

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You