News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for charmer88

charmer88 Profile Photo
Member Name: charmer88
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: If they made these shows into movies...
 Jan 7 2009, 03:57:16 AM
i'd quite like to see a Company film made with that cast, unfortunately Company would make a ****e film unless they majorly bulked up the plot.
re: Best Elphaba-Fiyero Chemistry
 Jan 5 2009, 01:39:45 AM
i thought that Amanda and Rob (from Melbourne) had fantastic chemistry during As Long As You're Mine.. they looked as though they were seriously gonna have sex on stage half way through the song.. Idina and Adam Garcia had great chemistry too, and Julia Murney just had great chemistry with everyone.. i loved her with Kyle McDaniel and Sebastian.. Dee is pretty good with any Fiyero she goes on with too.
re: If your favorite TV show was turned into a Broadway musical,
 Jan 4 2009, 10:41:43 AM
America's Next Top Model: The Musical

Tyra Banks: Saycon Sengbloh
J. Alexander: Andre Ward
Jay Manuel: Jai Rodriguez
Janice Dickinson: Sherie Rene Scott

the show could be a bit like A Chorus Line, and they should replace Janice's character with Twiggy without anyone mentioning anything as if it never happened.

Oh and my Sex and the City cast.. still needs a bit of work, but

Carrie: Julia Murney
Samantha: Sherie Rene Scott (wow, i can't believe

re: What Broadway-Related Names Would You Give Your Children?
 Jan 4 2009, 10:25:25 AM
me and my partner named our daughter Vanessa Rose (after Nessarose) and she usually gets Nessa for short.
re: Why Wasn't LB A Hit?
 Nov 11 2008, 01:00:31 AM
i dunno, its not necessarily the things she says.. its more that i feel the musical Elle's character goes through more of a journey than the film Elle. Sure they're both a bit ditzy at the beginning, but the musical Elle "grows out" of that (not exactly the phrase I'm looking for, but I'm tired), whereas the film Elle (to me) doesnt feel as though she's really grown as a person that much. Once again, only my opinion, and I'm not going to bash you for yours
re: Elphaba and Glida reversal
 Nov 11 2008, 12:08:26 AM
Shoshana would make an excellent Glinda her vocal range is higher than Megans.. (not to mention her acting ability, but I won't mention that...) *prepares to be attacked by Megan lovers*
re: Why Wasn't LB A Hit?
 Nov 9 2008, 09:07:10 PM
wow, thats so bizarre, when i saw the show i always thought that Elle seemed so much less ditzy and alot smarter than in the film. In the musical i felt that it was alot more apparent that Elle always had the potential to do great things once she put her mind to it and you could see her actually getting smarter, sure she was a bit ditzy and shallow, but never once was she "stupid". in the movie she just seemed brainless and by the end didnt seem any more mature than when she had started out.
re: Chicago Tour Cast
 Nov 9 2008, 12:33:35 PM
gosh, wanna re-use the cast much?? who do they think they are, Wicked?
re: When did it become acceptable for the audience to scream during a perfo
 Nov 9 2008, 11:05:47 AM
there is one show and one show only that this is acceptable in, and that is The Rocky Horror Show, namely cos it expected and encouraged lol.. other than that its just downright rude and uncalled for.. The people on stage are extensively trained actors/singers/dancers not f***ing Miley Cyrus..
re: What Films Would You Like to See On Stage?
 Nov 9 2008, 05:43:36 AM
The Hours

Virginia Woolf ... Ana Gasteyer
Laura Brown ... Michelle Federer
Clarissa Vaughan ... Patti LuPone

Richard Brown ... David Hyde Pierce
Leonard Woolf ... Billy Zane
Dan Brown ... Jeff McCarthy

Kitty ... Leslie Krtizer
Sally Lester ... Jackie Hoffman
Julia Vaughan ... Beth Curry
Louis Waters ...
Vanessa Bell ...

I can just imagine a huge ballad at the end between the three leads (a la Look At Me from Witches of Eastwick

What Films Would You Like to See On Stage?
 Sep 11 2008, 03:31:00 PM
What films do you think would transfer well as a musical? Some of them have got to be better ideas than what's been coming out lately.

If you're like me and you've already thought about it a bit and made your "ideal" cast add that too

A few that I think would make

Down With Love - Hugh Jackman (Catcher Block) & Kendra Kassebaum (Barbara NovaK)

A Walk To Remember - Matt Doyle (Landon), Celia Keenan Bolger (Jamie)

The First Wives Club
Mermaids
The Object of My Affection
Pretty In Pink (would be great and campy and 80s love)

re: Blondes, Witches, Memaids Oh My!
 Jun 18 2008, 12:59:44 AM
hey there,

i was just wondering what was the date that you saw Legally Blonde when Asmeret was on as Brooke....

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You