News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sweetiedarlinmia

sweetiedarlinmia Profile Photo
Member Name: sweetiedarlinmia
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Official Passing Strange Love Thread!  Jul 21 2008, 12:41:42 PM
So I finally have a moment to reflect on this quite surreal weekend. This has to have been one of the best weekends of my life. Crazy, perhaps. But this show has meant a lot to a lot of people, myself included. So much of the show reminds me and many of my friends who I've taken to see the show, of our lives. Not being quite who our culture says we should be, not prescribing to the ideas and beliefs we’re supposed to, loving art that “we don’t do,” being indeed Black folks passing for black at t
The Official Passing Strange Love Thread!  Jul 11 2008, 10:39:46 AM
Well, it looks like I'll be seeing it two days in a row. I already got my tix for the taping but I HAVE to go to the finale too. Bittersweet...
re: PASSING STRANGE To Close July 20 (Spike Lee Will Film It)  Jul 10 2008, 02:40:56 PM
Sigh... dang it!

"Right when it was starting to feel real!"

The Official Passing Strange Love Thread!  Jul 9 2008, 02:42:04 PM
Getting my tickets today!!!!!
The Official Passing Strange Love Thread!  Jul 7 2008, 12:26:40 PM
His understudy was good. He reads younger than Daniel so it kind of added a slightly different feel to me. Not bad, but different.
re: Rose's Turn, or Lot's Wife?  Mar 31 2008, 10:04:55 AM
Lot's Wife. It rips my heart out everytime.
re: Delicious Audra McDonald quotes in the new EW magazine!  Feb 29 2008, 12:10:52 PM
I tell you, just when I think there couldnt possibly be another reason to love her, she gives you another! She has the best sense of humor! And whoever those fools were who hurled the ridiculous and unfounded insults at her would not want to meet me in a back alley!
re: 'A Raisin in the Sun' TV adaptation of 2004 Revival at 8PM on ABC  Feb 26 2008, 12:33:15 PM
Asagai mentions to her that by wearing her hair permed she is in essence assimilating into the dominant society because it is not in it's natural state. This is a very jarring revelation for her since she has committed herself to not assimilating and to exhibiting pride in her heritage, yet she is the physical manifestation of assimilation. In order to reconcile her beliefs with her physical statement, she decides to cut her hair in to a short afro, thus returning it to it's natural state. The c
re: 'A Raisin in the Sun' TV adaptation of 2004 Revival at 8PM on ABC  Feb 26 2008, 12:11:51 PM
The haircut was in the revival.
re: 'A Raisin in the Sun' TV adaptation of 2004 Revival at 8PM on ABC  Feb 26 2008, 10:12:15 AM
The revival had Beneatha cutting her hair and I'm not pleased they cut it from the movie. Cutting that from the movie completely alters her character arc. Beneatha's central struggle is in defining herself, particularly as an African American woman, and cutting her hair is her external reconciliation of who she is and what she believes. Without it, her scornfully talking about assimilation seems empty. And, to me, it alters the cultural significance of her character.
re: Question(s) about Caroline or Change Cast Recording  Aug 17 2007, 03:40:29 PM
Oh my goodness, ray-andallthatjazz86, you are soo right about the cuts. it's the only thing that pisses me off about the recording. You're in the midst of "salty" or "I hate the bus",feeling it ready to drift to those spectacular endings and bam! It cuts!!!

re: Question(s) about Caroline or Change Cast Recording  Aug 17 2007, 12:03:40 PM
The recording is pretty much the entire show. I havent had a prob with the volume on my cd.

BUY IT! BUY IT! BUY IT!

re: How Do You Feel About Caroline Thibodeaux?  Aug 13 2007, 11:11:07 AM
If I were in Caroline's shoes, I can't say I would have too much to happy, or even content, about. I mean, RentBoy said it well. It's hard for her to even try to have hopes and dreams when she's faced with the reality of very little money, bills to pay, kids to feed, living in the south during the civil rights movement. She's sacrificing herself in every way for her kids. It's not easy to do. For some people, its not easy or even possible to see a silver lining. Hell, you go through what she's g
re: Dangerous Drought of Dashing Men on Broadway  Aug 6 2007, 03:33:15 PM
ummmmmmmmmmmmmm Stokes (droolin)

Seriously, He's classy & elegant. So very dashing.

re: Caroline, or Change question  Aug 6 2007, 10:25:00 AM
I love this show! One of the best shows I've seen. And Salty Teardrops...wow.
re: How old were you when you lost your Broadway virginity?  Aug 1 2007, 03:16:20 PM
I was 18 and the show was Man of La Mancha, with Stokes.

He definitely stirred some feelings up in me.

I mean the show did.

re: Doubt Film Casting: Mrs. Muller?  Aug 1 2007, 03:09:23 PM
OH Viola2, how you tempt my love of Audra to kick in full force...
re: Doubt Film Casting: Mrs. Muller?  Aug 1 2007, 12:32:46 PM
Oh My God! NYC4Life, Thanks! I can't believe I made that Typo! That movie is in my regular rotation. I love me some Kimberly Elise.

And Funny Face, how true, how true.

re: Doubt Film Casting: Mrs. Muller?  Aug 1 2007, 11:55:08 AM
I love the idea of Angela Bassett, Marianne Jean-Baptiste or Viola Davis. Kerry Washington, Sanaa Lathan, Jada Pinkett all read a little too young. Even Kimberly Elise and Thandie Newton read young (although Thandie acted the hell outta "John Q". When she got on that phone and told Denzel "DO SOMETHING!", I almost gave that boy MY heart). Alfre Woodard would read a little too old ( that might be because I've seen her play Sanaa Lathan's mother twice). And keep Halle Berry away from this role.
re: PHOTO: Kelly Osbourne as Matron 'Mama' Morton...  Jul 30 2007, 03:05:24 PM
she looks like she uses leather, whips & chains for punishing the unruly prisoners.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You