News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for morosco

morosco Profile Photo
Member Name: morosco
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Scherzinger in SUNSET BLVD. Previews
 Oct 20 2024, 01:47:08 PM

Any buzz yet as to if there will be a national tour? Would be a relatively small cost to tour it with it's minimalist production design when compared to just about any other major tour. I would think that it would be an attractive option for producers. Perhaps Scherzinger could play the major cities (namely Los Angeles) and then a "name" could play the remaining cities. Can anyone dream up anyone that would be a good fit for Norma that has a name that could sell tickets?.&n

Scherzinger in SUNSET BLVD. Previews
 Oct 3 2024, 11:55:27 AM

Are any of the performers allowed to crack a smile during the curtain call or are they all forbidden from doing that? 

THE ROOMMATE Reviews
 Sep 13 2024, 01:08:42 PM

In the photos associated with the reviews I'm surprised at how low budget the set looks.

Finale ceases support, acquired by Dorico: a quiet theatre industry shake-up
 Aug 26 2024, 06:39:03 PM

<i>BrodyFosse123 said: "Bro, this belongs on the Off Topic board. Has zero to do with the discussion of current and past Broadway shows, which is what this board is specifically about."</i>

Off topic? Bro, perhaps you should consider correcting your post after doing some quick research.

Finale, Software That Typeset The Music of Broadway For Decades, Shuts Down

Kennedy Center Sondheim Celebration Question
 Aug 14 2024, 08:27:04 PM

I remember that Jonathan Tunick was in the pit conducting COMPANY which was pretty special. Did he conduct any of the other shows during the festival?

Aug 14 2024, 01:42:27 PM

Derek McLane's set for COMPANY at the Kennedy Center Sondheim Celebration.

Aug 14 2024, 10:51:48 AM

The whole MERRILY production was vastly superior to the recent Broadway revival (Michael Hayden!  Raul Esparza!  and the glorious Miriam Shor!  not to mention Emily Skinner as Gussie!!!!

Emily Skinner was indeed fantastic as Gussie. She was a hoot and got huge laughs.

Remastered Recordings?
 Aug 10 2024, 09:57:32 PM

The remastered original cast recording of FOLLIES is my favorite. The difference is amazing.

Stephen Pasquale to star in NINE at Kennedy Center
 Aug 9 2024, 11:50:47 AM

While we're on the subject of NINE, here's some clips from Transport Group's NINE in Concert from June of last year. 

NINE in Concert

Liza Minnelli Will Release Her Memoir in 2026
 Aug 7 2024, 12:30:22 PM

I hope her memoir will shed some light as to why she hasn't received a Kennedy Center Honor yet.

Long Broadway stages
 Jul 9 2024, 10:24:39 AM

The stage at The Gershwin is extremely wide.

Horror On Broadway?
 Jul 3 2024, 05:43:56 PM

DEATHTRAP is a particularly well written dark comedy thriller with suprising plot twists and includes at least one complelety unexpected jump scare. I think it's time for a revival and Bryan Cranston would be perfect for the role of Sidney Bruhl.

STARLIGHT EXPRESS will return to London in 2024
 Jun 14 2024, 08:51:07 PM

Looks low budget to me. 

STARLIGHT EXPRESS Megamix

BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Thread
 May 29 2024, 11:11:34 PM

Platt sings "Vibrato This Time" from CABARET

Ani DiFranco is working on a musical
 May 26 2024, 04:25:48 PM

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season?
 May 19 2024, 04:35:56 PM

For those who may be too young to know, the composer's name is JULE STYNE. Not Julie. Not Jules.

You're welcome.

The first look inside "Cats: The Jellicle Ball" & exclusive photo
 May 14 2024, 04:17:57 PM

Thankfully attendance is not mandatory. 

What Next For The Majestic?
 May 9 2024, 12:58:09 PM

In the theatre signage world, this type of vertical display is referred to as a "blade".

How do shows assign dressing rooms?
 Apr 11 2024, 01:25:17 PM

Here's an interesting article from 2008 that sheds some light on dressing rooms.

Dressing Rooms

John Napier's Brilliant Set Designs for the original SUNSET BOULEVARD
 Apr 10 2024, 03:54:13 PM

Watch the video linked below. It is video captured from the infrared stage manager's camera located on the balcony rail. It allows us to "see in the dark". Napier's designs were truly mind blowing. He fit a huge amount of scenery onto that stage! This video is from a preview performance in London. LuPone stars.

SUNSET BOULEVARD - West End (July, 1993)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You