News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for 88cents

88cents Profile Photo
Member Name: 88cents
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Gypsy rush question
 Aug 15 2008, 01:22:53 AM
no worries - they won't run out. I got there literally 2 minutes before curtain on a sunday a few weeks ago and I got a little head fake "oh I think we're out of student rush" but he immediately gave us a pair on the right in row B. obviously the least desirable rush seats they sold that day, but still pretty great.

here on the board people have said they go to balcony seats eventually. I've never seen that happen myself, but they'd certainly never run out of those.

re: Gypsy question..... Patti production specifically
 Aug 3 2008, 08:10:35 AM
Yes, that set piece always goes up at that last scene. Not sure what the reason is, but your theory sounds good.
re: IF you had to steal ONE THING from a Broadway show...
 Jul 25 2008, 01:51:35 PM
The mink stole from gypsy. A clean one though, I don't need Patti's tears to curse my house.

Or Elle's pink sweatsuit from the beginning of "what you want". It has a great collar.

re: Was anyone at Laura Bell's last show?
 Jul 21 2008, 12:21:51 AM
At the matinee today she sang "don't want to look like A desperate or [which sounded like 'whore'] like I'm waiting for it"

Did she do that again? It was hilarious, but it didn't get a huge laugh at the time because it was so unexpected.

re: Patti did some LuPwning of her own tonight
 Jul 3 2008, 02:57:12 PM
Yup, Patti managed to LuPwn twice in one night, once in the front of the orchestra and once in the front of the balcony. I wonder how much thought the actors really have to give things like phones and cameras. From the number of stories posted, it seems like a great deal, unfortunately.

The balcony person posted this on that Wicked board:

Sorry, yeah that was me. i should have clarified I was in the FRONT of the balcony, not the front row (i wish!). I read what they wrote

Jul 3 2008, 01:09:43 PM
new york curious, you know what, it is a totally different person. That IS depressing. I didn't get the sense that front row skittles texter was a veteran show-goer or message board type. A phone did ring somewhere else in the theater, and I remember thinking, "thank god the phone in the front row isn't actually ringing".
You wouldn't get front row tickets if you showed up after work anyway. Looks like the house staff was busy last night !

Jul 3 2008, 12:55:58 PM
I don't think this is the same person. The thing that happened last night (July 2nd) the phone didn't ring, it was just the light from the screen, and they left during intermission, not after the 2nd act started. I was next to the girl and I'm definitely a woman, and I don't remember anyone else tapping her. Maybe this is a re-occuring problem.
 Jul 3 2008, 01:33:03 AM
The same offender had started out the overture by opening a bag of Skittles, so I was psyched to see her go by intermission. I also really appreciated the few yummy skittles she dropped under her seat.

To be clear, the seat was $27 student rush, but the girl had dragged her mother to wait an hour before the box office opened.

Patti did some LuPwning of her own tonight
 Jul 3 2008, 12:38:01 AM
Tonight Patti had the girl who was sitting front row center removed from that spot at intermission, because she was texting on her cell phone. Before the farmboys number, when Patti talks to the "conductor", the girl was looking down at her phone while Patti was yelling in her direction. Usually she likes to make eye contact with the person in that seat. After the farmboys number before "If Mama was Married" 2 people from the house staff came down and told her that they'd "had complaints she w
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You