pixeltracker

Gypsy question..... Patti production specifically

Gypsy question..... Patti production specifically

defyingravity07 Profile Photo
defyingravity07
#1Gypsy question..... Patti production specifically
Posted: 8/3/08 at 1:13am

I was watching a "you know" and I'm not sure if this a malfunction or purposely done. After Rose's Turn when Rose is crying and Louise is consoling her, are the fake old stage borders supposed to raise? If it is can someone tell me if my theory is right? Does is come up because it isn't a show anymore at the point but a real moment between a mother and daughter?

88cents Profile Photo
88cents
#2re: Gypsy question..... Patti production specifically
Posted: 8/3/08 at 8:10am

Yes, that set piece always goes up at that last scene. Not sure what the reason is, but your theory sounds good.

Londonskyguy
#2re: Gypsy question..... Patti production specifically
Posted: 8/4/08 at 11:45pm

I would agree that you are correct, however I cant find the "you know",,, any help?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#3re: Gypsy question..... Patti production specifically
Posted: 8/4/08 at 11:46pm

You can always email Patti and see what her interpretaion of that moment is?

KJisgroovy Profile Photo
KJisgroovy
#4re: Gypsy question..... Patti production specifically
Posted: 8/5/08 at 3:26am

I guess... maybe... but isn't Rose's Turn a "real moment" and... the "last scene" isn't really a "real moment" is it? Not in the new revival... It's clear from the last bit that she doesn't give up her dream... no? I mean... I've also thought when they leave together... that's the moment of reconcilliation... but in this revival they don't leave together... they don't have that real moment... for me anyway.

Jesus saves. I spend.

jeniferrenepatricia Profile Photo
jeniferrenepatricia
#5re: Gypsy question..... Patti production specifically
Posted: 8/5/08 at 4:46am

I think your theory is correct also, defyingravity. That's what I always thought too...

Acting should be bigger than life. Scripts should be bigger than life. It should all be bigger than life.- Bette Davis

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#6re: Gypsy question..... Patti production specifically
Posted: 8/5/08 at 5:04am

You can always email Patti and see what her interpretaion of that moment is?

She would probably reply:

"Uh huh.

Love, Patti"

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

glitterandjazzhands Profile Photo
glitterandjazzhands
#7re: Gypsy question..... Patti production specifically
Posted: 8/5/08 at 4:25pm

She would probably reply:

"Uh huh.

Love, Patti"

I've emailed her twice and both times she's responded very graciously and thoroughly.

Videos