News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dtzumbrunnen

dtzumbrunnen Profile Photo
Member Name: dtzumbrunnen
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

PRINCE OF BROADWAY Previews  Aug 17 2017, 10:40:08 AM

Delayed review/note, but Eric was a pretty impressive cover for Tony, especially through The Right Girl.  

Skimming the past several pages, I haven't seen much mentioned about Janet Dacal, who I've always wanted to like, but have typically been underwhelmed by her performances.  Her Eva was quite impressive.  Would it have been better if she had an ensemble for Buenos Aires? Absolutely.  But what she was able to do with that numbe

Vocal/ Lyrical Mistakes on Cast Recordings  Aug 12 2016, 04:11:05 PM

In the Heights "When You're Home" - Mandy Gonzalez sings in reply to stopping at Benny's fire hydrant, you would open it every sullerand not summer.  

THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  May 11 2015, 11:54:23 AM

Stephanie Mills was just announced at the NBC Upfront as Auntie Em.  

Rant about the 2015 TONY NOMINATIONS here  Apr 28 2015, 08:39:04 AM

"THE ANNOUNCEMENTS ARE 7 MINUTES LATE SO FAR!!!!"

9 minutes late now!  

Gigi Previews  Mar 26 2015, 04:17:40 PM
^ Fascinating that they're limiting the winners so much - the rear Mezz was at least half empty when I went earlier this week.
It Shoulda Been You Previews  Mar 26 2015, 11:24:19 AM
Thanks for setting the bar here so low - the cast definitely surpassed it last night. The work itself is trite, and really would have been better as a 30 minute sitcom pilot vs. a 105 minute musical, because all the songs were throwaways.

Kudos to Tyne, Harriet, and Lisa for making the most of what they've been given to work with.

Gigi Previews  Mar 25 2015, 10:19:28 AM
^oh man, did I do this in the wrong order? Saw Gigi last night and seeing It Shoulda Been You tonight! :-/

I thought this production was a mixed bag. The visuals were tasteful: costumes, scenic design, and lighting all worked quite nicely and made the sparse furnishings appear much more complex than they actually were. I was far to the side, so it may have been my proximity to the speakers, but the sound was rough. Howard McGillin's mic was noticeably louder than others and had a t

Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread  Feb 14 2015, 02:50:45 PM
Saw the 10pm show last night, and it was incredible what JCM was able to pull off with his leg fully braced. Some of the staging changes were actually nice and made the whole show feel more intimate: instead of flying in, two stage hands carry Hedwig in and place her on stage. Instead of popping the hood and placing her head there to imitate the oven, she leans her head on a large flat platform that looked like a big music tilted horizontally. Her glittery crutch was also a very appropriate
Favorite Numbers with Counterpoint  Jan 6 2015, 02:59:32 PM
I love what the Now. Here. This. team does, especially in More Life. 9 People's Favorite Thing has it as well in [Title of Show].
Question about using codes and box office purchases.  Jan 3 2015, 01:29:27 PM
I've never had a box office decline to honor a discount that I showed them, as long as it was for the applicable dates.
DVR Alert -Jason Robert Brown In Concert  Jan 3 2015, 01:27:35 PM
It was recorded in 2011...hence, no Bridges.
A Delicate Balance previews begin tonight  Jan 3 2015, 01:13:10 PM
Very late to the party with this one, but sad to report that Close's line flubs have not improved. Saw it last night and am definitely still trying to digest the whole piece.

I stopped reading this preview thread after the first few entries went up in November, but I definitely agree with the time shifting not working well. I hadn't noticed the setting directions in the Playbill, and the first real clear indicator that this was set in the present was when Harry and Edna left in Act

Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread  Dec 11 2014, 03:00:06 PM
Golden Globe nominations in:

Meryl - Supporting Actress
Emily - Leading Actress
Into the Woods - Best Motion Picture, Music or Comedy

Jennifer Nettles Joining  Dec 9 2014, 04:10:10 PM
This is the first time I've been excited for Chicago in a long while.

Jennifer Nettles is a first class musical storyteller. I fondly remember hearing her sing this when she was still a relatively unknown solo act in Athens, GA!

2016 NBC Live Musical? What do you want?  Dec 8 2014, 03:06:14 PM
Liza - No one is arguing that having the rights to football would be what any broadcaster would likely prefer over producing a live musical.

And you're right, that the revenues are higher for football. My point is that the margin on this production may actually be higher. Sports rights are inordinately expensive, so even if there are tons of advertisers for every game, the cost for the privilege to show it is a high bar initially.

2016 NBC Live Musical? What do you want?  Dec 8 2014, 07:45:23 AM
The idea that the plug is being pulled here seems so premature. This was the best Thursday night (the most important TV night of the week) for NBC, beating all the other broadcast networks that week, and was adjusted slightly up when accounting for DVR viewing.

I guess we may never know, but I have to imagine that even with all the rehearsals, sets, costumes, and team members required to pull off this production - it's cheaper than it would cost for the sports rights and production t

Long-running shows you've never seen on Broadway  Nov 26 2014, 08:48:13 AM
Phantom. Never seen in it on tour or at the Majestic. I thought the Norm Lewis casting might pull me in, but somehow I've still avoided it.

I think it's only going to happen when the Majestic is the last theater left on my list of Broadway theaters to visit. There are still two ahead of it though...

Pattie Lupone at 54 below  Nov 16 2014, 02:33:36 PM
The unmentioned-by-the-Times encore brought the house down with Buenos Aires. I've seen Patti at 54 Below before, and a few other times around the country, and am used to getting a little Evita, but it's usually Don't Cry For Me Argentina.

The energy and excitement she brought with Buenos Aires at 11pm last night was incredible and worth every penny!

THE COUNTRY HOUSE Reviews  Oct 3 2014, 08:03:42 AM
It just seemed sad that not a one was posted yesterday, so here's the Times. Rave for Danner, Meh for the remainder of the cast and what they had to work with.
ON THE TOWN previews  Sep 30 2014, 04:45:08 PM
lovebway - That is incredible! Agreed, his reactions should absolutely be documented. What a great comparison point to have.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You