News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for virgil blessing2

virgil blessing2 Profile Photo
Member Name: virgil blessing2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Evita tkts. for June 2012?  Nov 11 2011, 04:57:17 AM
thank you guys I appreciate your help I'll check again, have a great weekend!
Evita tkts. for June 2012?  Nov 6 2011, 02:31:22 AM
hi all. i just attempted to purchase tkts. for EVITA in june, 2012, but see that they are not yet selling for that month on ticketmaster. can anyone please tell me when june 2012 tickets will be on sale? thanks!
Seating question re. GOOD PEOPLE @ the Samuel Friedman  Apr 2 2011, 08:45:24 PM
much obliged! grazie!
Seating question re. GOOD PEOPLE @ the Samuel Friedman  Apr 2 2011, 08:24:22 PM
jbm - thank you! from what i also recall, the stage isn't terribly high so even in the first row, row AA, view should be ok, yes?
Seating question re. GOOD PEOPLE @ the Samuel Friedman  Apr 2 2011, 07:51:32 PM
hi all. looking to buy tkts. down in front for "GOOD PEOPLE". does anyone know if you get a better view of the stage from one side of the house over the other? or are the views equally 'good' down in front from both house left AND house right?
Current WICKED cast?  Feb 12 2011, 01:47:59 AM
everyone, this is wonderful. thank you! i am thankful for everyone's feedback. i saw the show quite awhile back. my partner, i think, will love it. a friend of ours saw it recently and LOVED the actress playing elphie, she had also been in THE HEIGHTS. (Mandy? Sorry, I am not sure of her name.) I figured, oh, ok....well we should see a good crew. Then I hopped onto the WICKED web site the other day, only to learn of the 2/1 replacements. Oy! Just hoping the central leads give us a good
Current WICKED cast?  Feb 11 2011, 01:45:31 AM
groovy. we really enjoyed her in that other role.
Current WICKED cast?  Feb 11 2011, 01:07:49 AM
thanks three and mallardo. i am grateful for your feedback. i wanted to make it a memorable evening for him. we're sitting a few rows from the stage, dead center. i think he'll enjoy it. :) oh, i saw PAL JOEY. who did jenny play? was she the sweet girlfriend who works in the men's clothing store who had the duet with stockard channing near the end?
Current WICKED cast?  Feb 11 2011, 12:48:54 AM
thanks. and of anyone else would care to chime in i'd love to hear people's opinions on these performers. thanks all! :)
Current WICKED cast?  Feb 11 2011, 12:40:25 AM
hi all. saw WICKED years ago with Ms. Menzel. taking my beau to see it this Sat. night for a Valentine's Day gift. i see from the web site that the cast recently switched again. curious - anyone know how the current cast members are - kyle dean massey as fiyero, jenny fellner as nessarose, kathy fitzgerald as morrible, katie clark as glinda, teal wicks as elphaba? i think i have only heard of fitzgerald and massey. any thoughts on how the others are in this or other shows? just curious, a
Trust - First Preview  Aug 1 2010, 07:05:26 PM
hmmmmm, thanks everyobdy. we have tickets for TRUST on Sat., Aug. 7th. it's so good to be able to read the various pulses of the community on this new piece. :)

we are eager to see how the preview plays, and how the cast fares. grazie!

Skipper in 'Cat on a Hot Tin Roof'  Jul 27 2010, 01:36:12 AM
if memory serves, he drank himself to death, much like what Brick is doing. i believe there is a line uttered by Brick or Maggie in Act I saying "And poor Skipper drank himself to death."

he definitely did not jump off a building or commit an overt suicide, that is specifically referenced. he let himself waste away/tore himself down with excessive alcohol due to his unrequited love for Brick.

NEXT FALL - anyone seen it?  Jun 21 2010, 03:28:05 AM
u are most kind, i appreciate the suggestion, but i did try that and was honeslty not in the mood to search back over many months of postings and scour for days. lol

if anyone here has seen it and wishes to drop a line re. their thoughts on the show, please feel free. grazie!

Anyone see Polly Stenham's 'That Face'  Jun 21 2010, 03:15:52 AM
2 actor pals of mine caught it last week and thought it was atrocious. not one good thing to say about it, not even the lovely Laila Robins. this was their facebook quote re. it: "Just witnessed a man in a nightgown urinate on himself in Manhattan Theatre Club's latest production, THAT FACE. To say that the show was a pisser is a serious understatement."

NEXT FALL - anyone seen it?  Jun 21 2010, 03:07:03 AM
We have tickets to catch it 7/3/10. I have read all the mixed reviews online. Anyone here catch it? If so, I'd love to hear what everyone thought! Please share. Thanks!
First row of Music Box Theater?  Apr 28 2010, 11:48:36 PM
groovy, thanks lefou.
Give the Tony to Sean Hayes right now... bravo!!!  Apr 27 2010, 11:55:58 PM
thanks pacific! yes, we had a simply wonderful time. i read an article awhile back in the ny times that discussed how chenowith was choosing her next project and was torn between PROMISES and an original musical, a small piece set in france or something. she was approached by the creators of the "french piece", and was tempted. then she was approached by the PROMISES people. eventually opted for PROMISES for quite a few reasons (the score, the actors and staff, etc.). one of the reasons was
First row of Music Box Theater?  Apr 27 2010, 11:41:54 PM
hope so, as we are sitting in the first row when we see it. lol
Give the Tony to Sean Hayes right now... bravo!!!  Apr 25 2010, 11:33:59 PM
we saw the show sat. evening, 4/24, also and LOVED it. sean hayes was superb...witty, charming, lovely voice, a marvelous energy. he completely engaged and captivated that HUGE house, especially with his 4th wall monologues. that house is a mammoth barn, and he drew everyone in. u could hear a PIN drop. the leadsa were marvelous, the ensemble rocked, orchestra, sets, costumes, wig design - all the elements were spot ON. this cast danced their asses off!

we just read ben brantley's

rOcKS @ 'Lend Me A Tenor'  Apr 25 2010, 11:23:17 PM
everyone, thanks! i just got us tickets to see it on 6/19. i was afraid that it might become yet another victim of the economy. before i read all your favorable reviews, i was frightened that it might perhaps close before the TONYs.

it sounds as though the show is selling well and now may even be nominated. i HOPE it plays through 6/19! LOL

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You