News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mormonophobic

mormonophobic Profile Photo
Member Name: mormonophobic
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Is A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC coming back?  Aug 6 2016, 04:20:09 AM

Thanks to a combination of Jordan Catalano's (most likely joking) suggestion and AC126748's comment, I stumbled upon this little treasure.

Glynis Johns as Madame Leonora Armfeldt from a 1991 Los Angeles production. Twenty-five years ago and seventeen years after she played Desiree.

Lyric Opera of Chicago's  Jun 20 2015, 02:32:25 PM

TweetyPie2, check your inbox.

What a wonderful production of one of my favorite shows. Laura Osnes sounds beautiful here and Steven Pasquale was born to play Billy Bigelow. His rendition of 'Soliloquy' is simply heartbreaking. While I wish I could have seen this in person, I'm just glad I had a chance to hear it.

Edited to add: See, Mike, this is one of the things I love most about theater/art; it's so subjective. We both heard the same thing and yet I

Ghost Quartet  Dec 14 2014, 04:14:23 PM
I usually hate spoilers, but know that I won't get a chance to see this wonderful show. Currently listening to the recording and would love a message about how it ends. I'd even like to know as much about the "plot" or story as possible.

One of the (many) things that I liked about Nathasha, Pierre, and the Great Comet of 1812 is that I didn't feel like I was missing anything just by listening to the recording. So any light that can be shed on this show would be greatly appreciated. D

Deja Tuned  Sep 24 2014, 05:14:46 PM
I'm guessing Mister Matt is referring to Eli Stone, the delightfully crazy show that had Johnny Lee Miller, Victor Garber, and Loretta Devine breaking into song. It also had Laura Benanti, which both makes every show better and somehow dooms it to failure.

I really like Levi and would watch anything with him. Still, with The Cousin Debbie Chronicles and the upcoming Galavant, I'm less-than-optimistic about musical television series.

Song from  May 10 2014, 01:59:23 PM
I don't usually like sitting on the side, but I had F10 on the right and it was perfect. You can see the actors up close and really don't miss anything. Could not recommend this highly enough. The show wasn't perfect, but I really enjoyed it and can't wait for the recording.
How Many Of The 40 Broadway Theaters Have You Been To?  Aug 22 2013, 06:35:08 PM
35/40. I'm only missing August Wilson, Broadhurst, Majestic, Minskoff, and Winter Garden. Trying to tally everything brought back such nice memories. It was mentioned by best12bars earlier in this thread, but I love reading the "At This Theatre" part of the playbill and just imagining all the great actors and shows that played so many years ago.
NYPL Broadway Archives?  Aug 11 2013, 08:22:30 AM
I found this thread useful years ago; hopefully you'll find it helpful now.

I always try and plan some TOFT shows while I'm in New York. I've seen Grand Hotel, Carousel, Grey Gardens, Falsettos, Candide ('74), Side Show, The Wild Party, Titanic, The Secret Garden, See What I Wanna See, The Drowsy Chaperone, The Life, and so many other gems. Call, make an appointment, and get transported to another time, another place, another op'nin', another show.

Into the Woods Movie Cast  Jul 23 2013, 08:39:34 PM
Lucy Punch will be great in this small role. Really enjoyed her on Ben & Kate. Plus she already played a wicked stepsister in Ella Enchanted.
Is anyone interested in seeing a musical version of ALIEN?  Jun 27 2013, 08:11:20 PM
This remind me of Aliens on Ice. Pretty sure a musical of any of the Alien films would be all kinds of awful, but if they musicalize Alien: Ressurection they could go full-circle and have Joss Whedon do music/lyrics.

Questions about The Life Off-Broadway  Jun 26 2013, 05:06:43 PM
I've only seen the Broadway production, so not sure what what it was like Off-Broadway. It played at the Westbeth Theatre for 12 performances in 1990. The Lortel Archives have Pamela Isaacs as playing Queen, but not sure if that's accurate.

Into the Woods Movie Cast  Jun 17 2013, 07:24:06 PM
If Anna Kendrick just started shooting The Last Five Years today, would she even have time to film Into the Woods? Around August she also has Wish I Was Here (the Zach Braff movie), though I'm not sure how large her role is in that. Isn't ITW supposedly shooting this summer?
What is Mara Davi up to?  Mar 6 2013, 04:16:49 AM
In 2011, Davi played a supporting role (Alice) in Death Takes a Holiday. She had a fun song & dance number with Death called 'Shimmy Like They Do In Paree'.
The upcoming Sondheim/Ives musical is based on...  Feb 26 2013, 11:44:02 PM
Phyllis is actually correct. The fact that this is going to be based on "Sure Thing" was reported by chewy5000 in December.

A Chorus Line London: 2 Acts?  Feb 22 2013, 03:59:18 AM
I believe it's just a critic's mistake. The website says that it's 2 hours with no interval.
Guess Papermill's Season!  Feb 12 2013, 02:42:22 PM
Those are definitely blueberries. I think the best guess would be Gypsy, which they haven't done since 1998.

Is The NEXT TO NORMAL Movie Still Happening?  Dec 21 2012, 07:05:19 PM
^ I was just about to say the same thing. Plus Neve Campbell was also known for The Craft and Wild Things, though neither had the success that the Scream films had.

And though it was never really a gigantic hit, isn't Kristen Bell more known for Veronica Mars than a voiceover on Gossip Girl?

Idina Menzel Reschedules Carnegie Hall concert AGAIN, new date January 13th  Nov 1 2012, 11:58:39 PM
Who is this "he"? Is he one of the voices? Is his name Simon?

Wynbish, you make me smile.

The Mystery of Edwin Drood - Cast & Creative Inteviews  Sep 19 2012, 02:04:40 AM
If you watch the video linked by the OP, it is at the 3:11 mark.
The 40 Hottest Guys In NY Theatre  Sep 5 2012, 11:23:59 PM
See, now that you say that it seems so obvious. Oy vey. Thank you, JohnyBroadway.
The 40 Hottest Guys In NY Theatre  Sep 5 2012, 11:20:10 PM
I'm slightly confused by this part of the text for Andrew Garfield:

"Did you know for a short time there were two Spider-men on Broadway?"

The only thing I can think of is somehow confusing Tobey Maguire with Jake Gyllenhaal, since he was rumored to replace Maguire before the reboot was announced. Am I missing something?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You