News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for toddlisatyriem

toddlisatyriem Profile Photo
Member Name: toddlisatyriem
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Lauren Zakrin joining WICKED tour  Jun 16 2010, 12:09:43 PM
Here is a link to Seth's Chatterbox that shows more of her voice. Only audio, but still good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyM537hRoSM

Also a caberet show she did, she hit a lot of the notes that she needs for Galinda. Green Finch

http://tinyurl.com/25eyefh

Lauren Zakrin joining WICKED tour  Jun 15 2010, 02:39:13 PM
Lauren had "put in" earlier in the week and her first show is today.

BTW... Lauren's voice has changed and improved greatly with training since the MTV show, so I wouldn't judge her voice from that. As for acting... we shall see. Elle and Sandra Dee are not roles to really gage acting ability.

Please Explain the Appeal of Julia Murney  Jun 12 2010, 03:01:48 PM
No buttons pushed here...

I think that performers and singing voices are like foods and taste buds. It's hard to define why some people like certain performers and others have such a strong dislike to them.

Julia Murney is just Ok with me.

Now a ton of people will disagree with me, but to me Kerry Ellis is a phenomenal performer and when I here her sing I get an uncontrollable, highly emotional visceral response.

What do you want to see for Disney's next show??  Apr 25 2010, 08:47:31 PM
Peter and the Star Catchers or Kingdom Keepers. Something outside of a Princess or movie remake and instead somewhat origional.
Law And Order SVU plus Broadway  Mar 3 2010, 11:58:27 PM
I caught those 6 as well. I've never seen that many all in one night like that, but I'm not complaining.
Something interesting that I saw at Next To Normal last night  Feb 2 2010, 02:02:17 PM
Here in Kansas City, we have Starlight Theater. They have signers onstage right for all performances. The signers stand in a Juilette type window up high on stage right. It's pretty cool to watch especially when the performances on stage are not up to par.
re: STAGE TUBE: Susan Boyle Sings 'I Know Him So Well' with Elaine Paige  Dec 14 2009, 01:51:25 AM
What an amazing full circle for Susan Boyle.

When she first stood on that stage infront of Simon and the world and said that she wanted to be like Elaine Paige, everyone laughed. The mere fact that Susan has made it to the point of singing a duet with Elaine is a true testament to following your dreams and aiming high. Yes, I agree Susan was off with her tempo and didn't perform at Elaine's level for that performance, but you can see her literally shaking. To perform that well while

re: Rosie O'Donnell plus Jonathan Groff talks about starring in Glee  Nov 24 2009, 02:33:17 PM
Message board editing snobs are so pathetic.

OP.... thanks for posting!

re: Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin to Co-Host Oscars  Nov 4 2009, 01:51:36 AM
Not excited about this, but here's hoping that they surprise me!
re: Legally Blonde!  Nov 4 2009, 01:50:17 AM
Actually, to be fair... it wasn't a difficult post to understand and the inability to comprehend the post says more about the smart a$$ responses people make than it does about the post.

Anyway... it make sense to wonder about such casting with Garber's stage background, but imo while he would have done a fine job, I do think that the casting would have been uncreative and too obvious.

re: When a dancer gets pulled over for suspicion of DUI...  Nov 2 2009, 08:20:32 PM
I heart Reno 911 and Deputy Clementine Johnson! She's a hoot!
re: Legally Blonde Tour Review - 10/25/09 Detroit  Oct 26 2009, 04:06:26 PM
Are we POSITIVE that Kathleen isn't the new tour Elle???

The reason I ask is because of this interview where they call her the "star" of the show. Not the understudy stepping in like they always did with Lauren during her interviews in the cities that she performed as the only Elle.
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/mornings/legally_blonde_broadway

Just curious if they are starting to transition her into the role or if the news people misrepresented Kathleen?

re: Lea Michele as Elphaha  Oct 10 2009, 03:24:30 PM
We will get a taste of Lea Michele as Elphie on the new Glee CD coming out November 4th. One of the tracks is Defying Gravity and word is that it is Lea and the guy that plays Kurt as Galinda! It should be interesting and hopefully amazing!
re: Sheridan Smith and the UK cast of LB do a fun video to So Much Better  Sep 30 2009, 04:41:06 PM
I COMPLETELY agree that Sheridan looks too old to be Elle in this video, but after rewatching it several times, i really think that it is more the wig. The cut and color doesn't compliment her face or the character. If they went with more of a cut and colr that Bailey had, she would look MUCH younger and better! The red tones in Becky's wig might work, but I'd have to see it first. But Bailey's color and cut would look less harsh and soften up her face to make her appear younger. I liked he
re: Legally Blonde - Saw Lauren Zakrin's Last Performance  Sep 29 2009, 11:27:15 AM
Lauren's Twitter has said that her last day with Legally Blonde is over and she is home. She then posted

Happy to be home... Flying back to the big BLONDE in five days though! See you in Sacramento!

I'm clueless as to what it means, but sounds interesting.... any ideas?

re: LB stagedoor on tour?  Sep 13 2009, 12:46:00 PM
We got Megan, but she is blonde and looks completely different than on stage or even in pictures with her blonde hair. She may have come out and you missed her. The only reason we caught her was because she came up to my daughter and wanted to say hi to the princess.
re: LB stagedoor on tour?  Sep 13 2009, 12:42:57 PM
Actually Brody, you are wrong....

I have stage doored 3 times the tour and once on Broadway for LB. Broadway was pretty organized and you were able to see who was coming out.

On the tour, they all come out and are willing to sign, but they don't expect it AT ALL. Several times Lauren had walked completely past the lines before someone recognized her. She would always come back, but atleast in KC it was dark and hard to see their faces unless you were really looking.
<

re: Do shows do anything special on closing nights??  Aug 5 2009, 02:46:37 PM
Legally Blonde.... NOTHING! No speech, no extra bow, no OBC....
re: Seeing Shows By Yourself  Jul 26 2009, 11:12:06 PM
I actually live oustide of KC on the Kansas side and fly out to New York once or twice a year by myself strictly to see shows. I fly in catch about 4-8 shows mat/even shows back to back and then fly back out. I LOVE it and would much rather fully enjoy each and every show I choose verses dragging someone who doesn't fully enjoy or appreciate Broadway. It's like my special treat just for me and I wouldn't have it any other way. BTW... I have a hubby and 3 kiddos, so it's not like I don't have
re: Has Samantha Brown ever been on Broaway?  Jul 16 2009, 01:27:34 AM
I now know why I and perhaps others maybe confused! I was confusing Samantha Brown with Paige Davis! Both are TV hosts and they look similar. It took me a second to even remember Paige and she is the one that did Roxie in Chicago.

OK as for Samantha... she did go to Syracuse and majored in musical theater.

I did find one site that stated in her bio that she has done several Broadway shows.... but that doesn't appear factual.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You