Lea Michele as Elphaha

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#1Lea Michele as Elphaha
Posted: 10/9/09 at 2:22pm

I've heard this before, that Lea would like to play Elphaba one day. Does anyone think that maybe because she has gotten so big lately..big as in famous for glee, she could play Elphaba on Broadway or maybe in a Wicked movie? I think she would be a great Elphaba.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#2re: Lea Michele as Elphaha
Posted: 10/9/09 at 2:28pm

No...

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#2re: Lea Michele as Elphaha
Posted: 10/9/09 at 2:29pm

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=941899#3834833

I think she'd be a great Elphaba. Always have.

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#3re: Lea Michele as Elphaha
Posted: 10/9/09 at 2:38pm

No offense, but no thanks.

Gothampc
#4re: Lea Michele as Elphaha
Posted: 10/9/09 at 2:52pm

She's too Idina Mendel-ish.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#5re: Lea Michele as Elphaha
Posted: 10/9/09 at 2:56pm

No.

But she'll probably do it after her TV career fails.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#6re: Lea Michele as Elphaha
Posted: 10/9/09 at 2:56pm

I actually think she would be a great Elphaba.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#7re: Lea Michele as Elphaha
Posted: 10/9/09 at 3:05pm

I think she could do it... and I prefer Elphaba to have a less than perfect face. She should be "interesting" looking, not 100% classically beautiful. (LM is very pretty, but not in the 100% "hollywood perfect" mode.)

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#8re: Lea Michele as Elphaha
Posted: 10/9/09 at 3:49pm

What? Like it's hard?

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

Justin D Profile Photo
Justin D
#9re: Lea Michele as Elphaha
Posted: 10/9/09 at 3:52pm

She has an ok voice, but when she sings or belts high it does not do anything for me (although that may just be because of how canned they sound on glee)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/ Phantom at the Royal Empire Theatre

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#10re: Lea Michele as Elphaha
Posted: 10/9/09 at 4:34pm

Due to the success of FOX TV's GLEE, I wouldn't be surprised if she's now on that list of contenders for Baz Luhrman's film adaptation.

Craww
#11re: Lea Michele as Elphaha
Posted: 10/9/09 at 4:42pm

Haters can hate, I'd be pretty happy with it if she got cast in the movie.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#12re: Lea Michele as Elphaha
Posted: 10/9/09 at 4:53pm

Good. It's between her and a drill.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#13re: Lea Michele as Elphaha
Posted: 10/9/09 at 5:05pm

I wouldn't say she's a "star" quite yet. She could probably handle it vocally, but I'd have no desire to see it. I've seen it twice...once with the OBC and then again recently, I don't need to ever see it again.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#14re: Lea Michele as Elphaha
Posted: 10/9/09 at 5:07pm

AGREED about the terrible, canned sound of the songs on Glee. Most of those people can actually sing; why tweak it so much???

kate86 Profile Photo
kate86
#15re: Lea Michele as Elphaha
Posted: 10/9/09 at 5:27pm

please no

4-11-10 Wicked (Oberhausen) ~ 8-7-10 Promises, Promises ~ 8-8-10 Next to Normal ~ 8-12-10 Bway @Bryant Park ~ 8-15-10 Jersey Boys + Sing for the Cure ~ 8-18-10 American Idiot ~ 8-19-10 Wicked Divas (Murney/Mackey) in Saratoga Springs, NY ~ 8-21-10 Next to Normal ~ 8-23-10 Natalie Weiss @Birdland ~ 8-24-10 Wicked ~ 9-4-10 Wicked (Oberhausen)

angelxschunard Profile Photo
angelxschunard
#16re: Lea Michele as Elphaha
Posted: 10/9/09 at 6:16pm

I don't think she could handle it.

And, can, you know, we stop comparing her to Idina for maybe five minutes? One is horrible, and the other is not. They have the same face shape and that's about as far as them being alike goes.

Into the Woods, Beauty and the Beast, RENT, Mamma Mia!, Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde, Evita (with Julia Murney), Hairspray (with Paul Vogt), Peter and the Starcatchers (with Christian Borle), Lion King, Altar Boyz, Legally Blonde (with Lauren Zackrin).

JasonM12480
#17re: Lea Michele as Elphaha
Posted: 10/9/09 at 6:30pm

I actually think she's perfect for it. Close to the right age, interesting cheek/bone structure like most of the other Elphabas have had, and has a bizarre name like the other Elphabaas have had.

She can more than handle the role vocally. She hit a high A on last week's GLEE during the girl's mashup, which is far and beyond any note Elphaba has to sing.

She's getting great notoriety now through Glee. If anyone were wise, they'd move on this picture while she's still hot within the next few years.

And she is NOTHING like Idina Menzel. MUCH better voice by far, more control, sensitivity, and musicality in my opinion. But...I don't know much :)

SporkGoddess
#18re: Lea Michele as Elphaha
Posted: 10/9/09 at 7:05pm

Her high A wasn't that great, though, IMO.

I dunno, I think she's a good singer, but I don't think she's amazing either.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#19re: Lea Michele as Elphaha
Posted: 10/9/09 at 7:09pm

Like Brody said, I'm pretty sure if GLEE continues to be a success and she gets more widely known, she has a very good chance at the film version since there's no way in hell they would cast anyone "unknown" (and for the most part, she's still unknown for now).

Felm_heart Profile Photo
Felm_heart
#20re: Lea Michele as Elphaha
Posted: 10/9/09 at 7:23pm

While I'm still not sold on the idea of Wicked as a movie, Lea seems to be just about perfect. She has the looks, the voice, and now the fame that anyone casting Wicked would be looking for.

toddlisatyriem Profile Photo
toddlisatyriem
#21re: Lea Michele as Elphaha
Posted: 10/10/09 at 3:24pm

We will get a taste of Lea Michele as Elphie on the new Glee CD coming out November 4th. One of the tracks is Defying Gravity and word is that it is Lea and the guy that plays Kurt as Galinda! It should be interesting and hopefully amazing!

thewizloveschen
#22re: Lea Michele as Elphaha
Posted: 10/10/09 at 4:49pm

blaxx! I hope that is a Legally Blonde reference re: Lea Michele as Elphaha

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#23re: Lea Michele as Elphaha
Posted: 10/10/09 at 4:57pm

I don't think so.

thewizloveschen
#24re: Lea Michele as Elphaha
Posted: 10/10/09 at 5:19pm

Well either way, it's still a quote from the movie to me re: Lea Michele as Elphaha

Videos