News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for broadwayjim42

Member Name: broadwayjim42
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: 47-year-old theatre geek who wishes he lived in NYC but has to make do with increasingly infrequent trips every couple of months.

Also a proud father of two--my 15-year-old daughter went to the open call for "Spring Awakening" in April 2008.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Which Digital Lotteries Have You Won Since Broadway Has Been Back ?  Mar 1 2022, 03:16:18 PM

Company for tonight and Moulin Rouge for tomorrow matinee. My second person fell through so I have an extra ticket. $34.

COMPANY, One Year After Shutdown  Apr 6 2021, 09:00:52 PM

Agree completely, ColorTheHours. In fact, those would be my exact words.

What’s the last show you saw on Broadway before its closing?  Mar 29 2020, 10:10:14 PM

Company on the 5th. Loved every second of it despite being in a splint after breaking my wrist on the way to "Confession of Lily Dare" earlier that day. Still went to "Lily" and THEN got treatment. and three hours later was second row left at "Company." Props to CityMD, who had me in and out in an hour and got me into an ortho doctor the next morning.

'

Company Previews Thread  Mar 13 2020, 10:59:45 PM

B7 last week. you miss very extreme left but almost everything is center. i had an awesome time, even with a splinted broken wrist suffered that afternoon. Jennifer Simard is comic gold.

Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!  Feb 26 2020, 09:34:55 PM

Since it may be my only NYC trip this year, I bit the bullet and bought a $59 orchestra seat for the 5th. Did it through Today Tix, so a flat $59...no fees. Looking forward to seeing it...at least as much as will be visible.

Rush/Standing Room On Opening Night  Dec 17 2019, 12:53:55 PM

I rushed opening night of the Laurie Metcalf show "The Other Place" several years back. Actually didn't realize it was opening night at the time, so a happy surprise.  As others said, depends on the show.

How long is Nick Robinson's Run in TKAM?  Oct 2 2019, 11:40:56 PM

If it happens, it will be last weekend of January or first weekend in February. Thanks for the reply. Hoping he's there for at least three or four months.

How long is Nick Robinson's Run in TKAM?  Oct 2 2019, 11:34:32 PM

Planning a trip with my partner in late January around seeing To Kill A Mockingbird. Thanks to Love, Simon, my partner's obsessed with Nick Robinson. Has there been any word yet on  how long his run might be?

Nick Robinson Joining Ed Harris in Mockingbird  Aug 24 2019, 12:27:03 AM

Likewise. Would like to plan a trip for my partner for late January/early February...long weekend so we'd have a couple of performance choices.

What we are seeing on Broadway in 2019  Mar 24 2019, 11:24:42 PM

I saw five shows in three days in March. Hope to get back in the fall.

Saw:

Cher Show (solid cast, terrible book--won the lottery and was right behind the conductor-seeing the sheet music/musical cues was more fun than the show itself).

Kiss Me Kate (worth is for the extraordinary voices alone)

Fiddler on the Roof--lovely production...highly recommended. Quietly moving.

Avenue Q (one final visit before closing)

Waitress (second

Cher Lottery Standby List  Mar 10 2019, 02:13:58 PM

Won on my first attempt for the 3/6 matinee. Got the standby email and then the winner email about an hour later. 

I got a single seat and was front row center orchestra, right behind the conductor. Watching him and the musical cues on the sheet music was almost as much fun as the show itself, which among jukebox musicals, makes "Mamma Mia" look like Shakespeare, Terrific cast, terrible book.

Three Tall Women rush tickets  Mar 22 2018, 10:55:38 PM

I saw the show twice when I was in NYC two weeks ago--rushed both times at around noon. Both ended up rear mezzanine center and I was fine with that...on the second visit, I was offered partial view orchestra but actually preferred rear mezzanine.

ANGELS IN AMERICA (2018) Previews  Mar 9 2018, 04:13:15 PM

Agree completely with Tramyar. Not a wasted or dull moment.

Only minor negative I thought was the use of music. Unnecessary and obtrusive. So full of crescendos that it started to sound like an episode of "Perry Mason" or "Law and Order." If that's always been part of the play, I still feel the same way.

THREE TALL WOMEN (2018) Previews  Mar 7 2018, 06:27:43 PM

Saw this for Laurie Metcalf. Walked away with renewed, enduring respect for Glenda Jackson, who is a true force of nature here.

As my brother is currently acting as caretaker for my 91-year-old dad, who recently had a bout with flu, bronchitis and other health issues that combined to completely take the wind out of his sails, the relationship between Metcalf and Jackson in the first act really hit home, although Jackson's far more beligerent than my dad. Even Metcalf's bod

Missing Donna Karger  Feb 10 2018, 11:16:41 PM

Donna was back to discuss her 12-year-old daughter's serious health crisis, which began in December, 2016. Her now mostly recovered daughter was with her along with William Finn, who experienced the same brain injury. She spoke of how one of the songs from "A New Brain" helped her through and how showtunes in general helped/inspired her daughter's emotional and physical recovery, which took months and two surgeries. 

I hope we get to see more of her. Th

Angels Taking the Simon for 18 Weeks!  Feb 7 2018, 10:09:51 PM

Just scored rear mezz seats for first full week in March...nosebleeds but don;t care. $99 for the two performances...$121 with fees.

Chess revival?  Jun 23 2017, 11:11:27 PM

Love the music, saw the Broadway incarnation (met Benny Andersson at the stage door) and a touring version in 1990 (with Carolee Carmello), but to me it's always been a great score in search of a decent book. I'm not sure if they'll ever find it, but if it came back to Broadway, I'd most definitely be interested depending on the cast. 

But Idina? No. Heinous perfectly describes her performance at the Royal Albert Hall. She's the reason the CD I bought with

Cagney Rush?  Mar 3 2017, 11:15:46 PM

It's a general rush for $25 for matinees only. I went Thursday but because it was nearly sold out, they didn't offer any rush tickets. Apparently it's performance to performance, not guaranteed.

Telecharge issues?  Mar 2 2017, 05:46:07 PM

Haven't been able to get into Telecharge's website for most of the day, either to check seating or prices. Anyone else experiencing this?

Sunday in the Park  Mar 2 2017, 12:10:36 AM

I just got home from the revival and the from "Children and Art" on, the remaining songs in act 2 are very emotional and moving. It didn't make me flat out cry, but I understand your response to it.

By the way, the revival is a thing of beauty. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You