News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Polka Dot2

Polka Dot2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Polka Dot2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hadestown vacations?  Oct 29 2019, 10:39:49 AM

Anyone know if there are any vacations or planned absences coming up? Thanks!

The Official TDF Thread  Oct 8 2019, 06:21:05 PM

A concert that I’m in just popped up on TDF - “Songs from Cult Classics to Benefit the ACLU” at 54 Below this Thursday October 10th. It features songs from Carrie, Side Show, Shock Treatment, and more, and the cast features performers from Hadestown, Alice By Heart and Postmodern Jukebox. $18 and waived food/drink minimum. :) 

An Evening of Cult Classics to Benefit the ACLU at 54 Below  Oct 7 2019, 08:09:21 PM
Back at Feinstein’s/54 Below this Thursday October 10th at 9:30pm!

https://54below.com/events/songs-from-cult-classics/

Songs from Cult Classics to Benefit the ACLU returns to Feinstein’s/54 Below, now in it’s third Smash year! Are you a die hard Carrie fan? Do you live for midnight showings of The Rocky Horror Picture Show? Are you secretly hoping for another Jekyll and Hyde revival? Join emerging artists for an evening of songs (and a trivia contest!) from your favorite cult classics. Songs will revolve around the themes of propaganda, oppression, identity, and acceptance, and a portion of the proceeds will be donated to the ACLU. You Zanna Don’t want to miss it!

Featuring:

Ivonne Acero (Postmodern Jukebox Euro-African Tour 2018, La voz, "The Voice"), Kim Blanck (Octet, Alice by Heart), Theresa Burns (My Big Gay Italian Wedding, Temple of the Souls), Maria Byers (42nd Street), Noah Casner (Spring Awakening/Weathervane Theatre), Camden Espino (Hamlet/Shakespeare Downtown, Spring Awakening/LSTFI), Tripp Fountain (Hair/Broadway/1st National Tour, Cats/North American Tour, Evita/North American Tour), Gaby Greenwald, Jessica Hanson (Reefer Madness, The Musical of Musicals: The Musical), Noellia Hernandez (The Buddy Holly Story/National Tour, Temple of the Souls), John Krause (Hadestown, Wicked, American Idiot, Rock of Ages), Joana Meurkens, Eddie Rodriguez Jr. (Ramona, Furnace Festival), David Ventura, Stephanie Viegas (Frankenstein, It Came From Beyond, co-founder of Little Radicals Theatrics), and Christa Vrabel.

Audience members will be treated to tunes from Carrie, Jekyll and Hyde, The Rocky Horror Show, Shock Treatment, Heathers, and more.

The Official TDF Thread  Oct 11 2018, 11:26:26 AM

Most of the site is working for me, but some shows are not clickable. Anyone able to see what dates are avabile for The Ferryman?

Shoutout To Kelli O'Hara-Classic Roles!  Jun 9 2018, 11:55:51 AM

I LOVE Kelli, but she is not latina and should not play Maria in West Side Story.

Tony Award Tickets Available  May 23 2018, 11:25:50 PM
Price?
TDF Hello Dolly Ticket for Today  Apr 1 2018, 09:55:25 AM

I'm so sorry to hear. Hope you're okay. If the ticket is still available I'd take it.

TRAVESTIES (2018) Previews  Mar 29 2018, 02:21:24 PM

Having done a production of Travesties in the past, I personally think this play is even better on stage than it is on the page. However, it really all depends on the direction. My director was brilliant. 

That being said, does anyone have an extra $10 ticket this Saturday or Sunday?

The Official TDF Thread  Mar 9 2018, 02:21:15 PM

I was at Come From Away on Wednesday night. I was in the rear mezz, second to last row, all the way on the side.

The Official TDF Thread  Mar 7 2018, 03:30:12 PM

I understand that. But when TDF runs out of tickets the listed disappears. That has not happened. People have been trying to get tickets all week and the listing has remained up. 

The Official TDF Thread  Mar 7 2018, 03:08:09 PM

JSquared2 said: "RippedMan said: "Agreed, I shouldn't have to devote an hour to refreshing every 2 seconds."

For all the whiners, there's nothing they need to "fix". The big Broadway shows may only get 40-50 tickets at a time. That means if just20 people (the "lookie-loos"see a listing and click to put a pair (or more) in their cart while they decide if they really want to go (or go to call their friend to see if they can make it that night), then those tickets can be held in the carts for 30 minutes before they are released back into the inventory.That's whytickets can suddenly reappear after multiple clicks. You don't like the way the system works, you're welcome to pay full price at the box office.

"

Wait, so if those 20 people have it in their carts for 30 minutes, more sets of 20 people are doing that all day without buying them? Doesn't seem likely. It took a good 24 hours for me to be able to get mine.

The Official TDF Thread  Mar 7 2018, 02:57:13 PM

I've never had this problem with TDF before, but the past few days have been bad. After reloading the page about 20 times throughout the course of the day yesterday, I snagged two tickets for Come From Away today. That the tickets are sitting in someone else's cart is ridiculous. I can't find a way to see my cart, and normally ticketing websites will hold tickets for X period of time (normally a few minutes, definitely not all day). Definitely a problem they need to work out.

Tons and tons of really cheap (18-$30 cheap) Meteor Shower tickets on Stubhub for today  Jan 2 2018, 08:55:00 PM

Andy51 said: "Polka Dot2 said: "Nope I was not."

Sheesh. You should at least have the capacity to acknowledge the possibility of your fallibility here. I mean, the unreliability of eyewitness testimony is very well established scientifically.
"

I acknowldege the possibility, but that simply isn’t what happened. (And by the way, testimony from people who aren’t present at all are not valid) I’

Tons and tons of really cheap (18-$30 cheap) Meteor Shower tickets on Stubhub for today  Jan 2 2018, 08:19:35 PM
I was paying attention. The price changed after I purchased the tickets.
Tons and tons of really cheap (18-$30 cheap) Meteor Shower tickets on Stubhub for today  Jan 2 2018, 07:59:56 PM
I’m not sure why everyone thinks that a technical glitch is impossible.
Tons and tons of really cheap (18-$30 cheap) Meteor Shower tickets on Stubhub for today  Jan 2 2018, 07:57:54 PM
Nope I was not.
Tons and tons of really cheap (18-$30 cheap) Meteor Shower tickets on Stubhub for today  Jan 2 2018, 05:22:21 PM
Ugg I am never using Stub Hub again. I tried to purchase two tickets. I saw the total in checkout and ordered the tickets. They charged my credit card an extra $28. I called them, and they said that those were the fees and I was notified before confirming my purchase. I told them that I was not notified, and they told me that I was lying ?? They won’t refund my tickets.
Tons and tons of really cheap (18-$30 cheap) Meteor Shower tickets on Stubhub for today  Jan 1 2018, 11:46:50 PM
This is amazing! I’ve never used Stub Hub. Definitely not a scam?
2 cheap stage tickets for Farinelli on Sunday  Dec 10 2017, 09:58:44 AM

I PMed two days ago. Is the ticket still available?

The Band’s Visit Rush Policy Announced  Oct 23 2017, 01:33:18 PM

My post was only four days ago and has the information you’re looking for. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You